My Little Pony: The Movie (2017)

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHosO_NF-c

Any thoughts on the trailer? As a brony, I think the movie looks great. The animation looks really good, and I like how the story is going to be adventurous and go outside of Equestria, which is something the show should really do more of. Also, the comments on this video are really entertaining. It is mostly people insulting bronies and saying the movie will suck.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
If I know one thing from the brony fandom, it's that major changes (season finales, new spin-off material, retcons or changes to canon) can either mean interesting world-building or the end of the series as we know it. I just hope to Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Starlight that the latter isn't going to be the case with this movie.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
EmployeeAMillion said:
If I know one thing from the brony fandom, it's that major changes (season finales, new spin-off material, retcons or changes to canon) can either mean interesting world-building or the end of the series as we know it. I just hope to Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Starlight that the latter isn't going to be the case with this movie.
Knowing this fandom's history, there will likely be a split where half the fandom will love the changes and treat it like the second coming of Jesus, while the other half will hate the changes and treat it like the worst thing on the planet. We shall see.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
LET IT SHRIVEL UP AND DIE said:
This looks terrible. and yet I'm still gonna see it in theaters. Probably on opening day too.

fml
maybe not
the movie should play "trot me" in the credits by NERD

btw why are you getting so offended over rigs

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
LET IT SHRIVEL UP AND DIE said:
OMG!!!!! THIS LOOKS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW I'M GONNA SEE IT IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFINITELY ON OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PINKIE PIE IS BEST PONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#ProudToBeABrony
Fixed it for you. :sbface:

SpongeCob said:
maybe not

the movie should play "trot me" in the credits by NERD
btw why are you getting so offended over rigs
Huh? Where did you get the idea I was offended by that? I posted that video because I did not get the joke, I was not offended over anything.

Deceased Spongetron said:
Don't worry about that, it's just their sad excuse of trying to trigger me.

Anyways, I'm really excited for this movie! Hopefully I'll get to see it opening weekend, sure it'll be lots of fun. ^^
If he was actually trying to "trigger" us, then that is a REALLY sad excuse. Again, I didn't even get the joke.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
The E-Man Guy said:
Fixed it for you. :sbface:

Huh? Where did you get the idea I was offended by that? I posted that video because I did not get the joke, I was not offended over anything.

If he was actually trying to "trigger" us, then that is a REALLY sad excuse. Again, I didn't even get the joke.
Basically, since the show is made from rigs, the movie would be. Though I don't see what's wrong with that (they never gave me an explanation, so whatever) I'm just getting really sick of that "joke" and all the other MLP "jokes".

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Besides the animation and the fact that this is MLP, it just looks like a typical heroes journey to defeat a foe who previouosly smashed them into bits with ease kind of story, with the MacGuffin most likely being some form of friendship (because all teams INSTANTLY gel with each other!). Not something worth going into if you're not heavily invested into the show, unless you have a 5 year old forcibly drag you into those theaters.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Wait, why did the post that said "rigs" get removed? And why did my response to that get removed? And why did the part of Deceased Spongetron's post that mentioned it get removed? And why did this topic get moved to Idiot Box? It is about a theatrical film, not a show on a TV network. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEIu6-lciA

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
The E-Man Guy said:
Wait, why did the post that said "rigs" get removed? And why did my response to that get removed? And why did the part of Deceased Spongetron's post that mentioned it get removed? And why did this topic get moved to Idiot Box? It is about a theatrical film, not a show on a TV network. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEIu6-lciA
it got deleted since Skeeter was mocking STRP and her love for my little pony

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
President Squidward said:
it got deleted since Skeeter was mocking STRP and her love for my little pony
If that is why, then disagree with that reasoning. I love MLP myself, but I don't think a joke like that should be removed. It was not even making fun of bronies, it was making fun of the show. I did not find the joke funny myself, but nothing about it was offensive in any way. Seriously, what rule did that even break?

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
The E-Man Guy said:
If that is why, then disagree with that reasoning. I love MLP myself, but I don't think a joke like that should be removed. It was not even making fun of bronies, it was making fun of the show. I did not find the joke funny myself, but nothing about it was offensive in any way. Seriously, what rule did that even break?
If you were on the cytube chat people such as me, Skeeter and MLP go on, they constantly mock her for liking it. I hate it.

Back