Nintendo Switch paid online service delayed to 2018

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/6/1/15727548/nintendo-switch-online-20-dollars-a-year

Those of you panicking to get a Nintendo Switch because Nintendo said you'll have to pay for online in the fall, panic no longer. It hasn't been stated specifically when in 2018 online will cost money, but this is good news for those who want the Switch beforehand. If you have the system, like me, enjoy it while it lasts. If you don't have it yet, get it while you have the chance.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The online price is very reasonable but I still can't get over how they're handling headphones.

Have you seen that thing? It's like 5 cables, 4 devices, and 3 headaches.

The DS Guy

Banished
I guess it's better than doing what they did to the DS and Wii, by removing wifi entirely. I know they will eventually do that to the 3DS and Wii U. RIP Mario Maker

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I really hope they don't mean you have to pay just to play online multiplayer because then how can I play a game with a friend who lives somewhere else?

like this post if you're just as confused as I am

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
The year-long subscription price is quite flattering, if I'm honest.
Still doesn't convince me to Switch to a Nintendo console...that thing looks like a nightmare with all its peripherals...
OK, I'm sorry for that pun.

Also, it's worth seeing how successful Nintendo is with this subscription. If they are very successful, that price might just gradually grow an ugly head. They're not stupid; if it'll work, they'll increase the price. (Of course, that's a big if.)

President Squidward said:
I really hope they don't mean you have to pay just to play online multiplayer because then how can I play a game with a friend who lives somewhere else?
LOL if even the most basic online multiplayer features require a subscription, then...what kind of gimmick is that?

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
honestly, 20 dollars per year sounds amazing to me. sony and microsoft arent nearly as generous with their prices...

but it still sucks that nintendo jumped on a bandwagon pretty much. i might still end up getting a switch, but we'll see

nobody should have to pay to use online gaming no matter what console you have xbox,playstation whatever nobody should have to pay to have online gaming,online gaming should be free and so should the stuff for the online game store because we already paid for the console and the games and other stuff so why should we have to pay for online gaming? it's just dumb,online gaming should be free. i can hear my neighbor crying i can't breathe and now i'm in the struggle and i can't leave calling out the racist gaming companies we ain't gonna stop until online gaming is free,we ain't gonna stop until online gaming is free.
#freeonlinegaming

Waterbubble

Part Computer or Something
Ehh, 20 bucks sounds pretty cheep to me!
I sort of a good deal!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
It’s been 13 months now and we’ve still not got much info on what it’ll look like. All we know is that a few NES games will be available, but if that’s all the retro stuff they’re offering, it’s too little too late. The Switch can easily run GameCube and Wii games as they’ve boasted at one point.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
For 20 dollars it doesn't sound like a bad deal. But I agree that they should release some details since its keeping a lot of fans waiting. They should at least bring some games to the eshop, especially Gamecube games seeing as so many people want those in there. Even if i'm not necessarily for paid online they should at least deliver with it.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I have absolutely terrible Internet connection on that shop. Every attempt I try to buy something never works. If I end up paying for this, does it improve it? Will there be a good connection as apposed to my own that sucks because it's not able to be good with wireless?

Back