The First 100 Episodes being re-released at a CHEAPER price!

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/SpongeBob-SquarePants-First-100-Episodes/23168

In 2009, Nickelodeon released SpongeBob SquarePants - The First 100 Episodes on DVD...a 14-disc set with the first 5 seasons of the show on it!. That item went for $99.99 SRP at the time, but it's been out of print for a while (and sometimes sells for much more than that in the after-market circuit, as a collectible).

Now Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Media Distribution have announced that they are bringing this item back to market on May 23rd. Same content on the same 14 discs, same box art....almost the same everything. Well, except the price. The cost is now $49.99 SRP. But for that price it still "Includes (the) 44 minute documentary Squareroots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants! "Squareroots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants" contains scenes and language of a mature nature. Viewer discretion is advised."

SpongeBobSquarePants_TheFirst100Episodes_2017rerelease.jpg

KarateSponge

Parawhore
Oh yes Denny, I might know what I already want for Easter.

My mom gets me stuff for Easter still don't hate.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I feel like this is gonna be a US only thing... :cry:
Shame, cuz I was only just lucky in getting the original...my dad got it when he went to Las Vegas.

Hoopla!

Pepper Jack Cheese
Now they can do the first 200 episodes :D

PinkPearl

insert title here
Includes (the) 44 minute documentary Squareroots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants! "Squareroots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants" contains scenes and language of a mature nature. Viewer discretion is advised."

Er. What kind of documentary IS this? xD

I got this for $19.99 on amazon a couple years back (2013), I doubt it's still that price though :(

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
EmployeeAMillion said:
I'm pretty sure they're hyping us for a potential "The Next 100 Episodes" boxset which has everything from House Fancy to Factory Fresh.
But then it would be missing episodes 201-204, so it would not be a complete season. :/

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
PinkPearl said:
Includes (the) 44 minute documentary Squareroots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants! "Squareroots: The Story of SpongeBob SquarePants" contains scenes and language of a mature nature. Viewer discretion is advised."

I have heard about Squareroots and i have seen a little bit, it´s not an explict thing, but it does have some "sensitive" themes i think.

It´s mostly about the history of the show and more I do recommend.

Vodp Orug EEEE

This is better then the first 5 seasons DVD because
1.Help wanted is in the proper spot(I.E. Not in the season 3 special features)
2. Squareroots is on the thing
3.TONNES OF SPECIAL FEATURES
4. Its more cost effective\
5.Its the only way to get the original 22 minute version of Shanghied.(Not the edited 18 minute version)
Nuff said

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
At least this means Paramount is still supporting season DVDs, so hopefully season 9 and 10 Blu-Rays and DVDs will be a thing soon.

kev

innit
PinkPearl said:

yea, the documentary actually addresses the "gay" controversy, from what i remember. It's a great documentary.

Back