• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!

• Members
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

POPULAR

Since the thread for the second movie was posted around 3 years before it actually came out, it's now around 3 years until the third movie. So time for a thread for news etc about this.

Release date: July 17, 2020

Timeline

February 8, 2015 - Megan Collison, president of Worldwide distribution at Paramount said that the possibility of a third movie was a good bet.
April 30, 2015 - Vicaom officially announces a third movie.
August 3, 2015 - Vincent Waller confirmed that the sequel was in pre-production and Paul Tibbitt will direct with a story by him and Kyle McCulloch.
November 10, 2015 - The movie is announced to be released on February 8, 2019.
November 11, 2015  -  Vincent Waller confirms that the sequel will be mostly 2D.
January 29, 2016 - SOOW writers Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger reveal they are working on the third movie.
April 20, 2016 - SOOW Scorer John Debney has been supposedly confirmed to score the third movie.
July 12, 2016 - Ren & Stimpy short confirmed to be shown before the third movie.
March 29, 2017 - The movie has been pushed back to August 2, 2019.
April 26, 2018- Movie confirmed for July 22, 2020 release date. Titled "The SpongeBob Movie: It's a Wonderful Sponge"
July 24, 2018 - Movie moved up to July 17, 2020 release date.

ncp215D.jpg

If I have missed anything so far, please tell me.

Only just over 3 years to wait now!

Edited by abney317, 25 July 2018 - 04:26 PM.

#2 dmandaboi

bargain bin SBM user

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Whoo! Third movie!

Wait... this has ALREADY been confirmed???

#3 MrTortellini00

lame funny

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

POPULAR

I'm pretty mixed about the idea of a third movie. Of course I'll watch it when it comes out and hopefully it will be great, or even better. But at this point, it seems like they just make it to earn money instead of making it for dedication. I may have liked the first 2 movies, but even if the third one is good or better, I don't really think it's a good idea to have another one so early. What if it will be hated even more than SOOW? Ugh, I don't even want to think about it ._.

#4 PinkPearl

insert title here

• Friends
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

I'm pretty mixed about the idea of a third movie. Of course I'll watch it when it comes out and hopefully it will be great, or even better. But at this point, it seems like they just make it to earn money instead of making it for dedication. I may have liked the first 2 movies, but even if the third one is good or better, I don't really think it's a good idea to have another one so early. What if it will be hated even more than SOOW? Ugh, I don't even want to think about it ._.

Welcome to the movie industry nowadays...why not make it a TV movie or straight to DVD? Then it wouldn't matter how good it is.

#5 BeanoSponge

• Members
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

Welcome to the movie industry nowadays...why not make it a TV movie or straight to DVD? Then it wouldn't matter how good it is.

Theatrical means it will have a bigger budget, and it will make more money.

#6 todd phillips

Frozen Cephalopod

• Members
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

if you ask me it's to soon. the second one isn't all that old

#7 TheGreatWizard

Anti-Oobi

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

In my opinion, it's to soon, SOOW is just sinking into some of the fanatics of SBSP. And for someone to immediately announce another movie is...weird. I mean sure, Star Wars, Hunger Games, etc. announce them, but they are PLANNED trilogies, the Spongebob movies haven't showed any relevance to each other, and showing no continuation of anything (but all SpongeBob is like that), and the third move just seems, rushed. And it's obvious that Viacom wants money. The other problem is, what if SpongeBob ends after Season 10? Are they going to make another 3-4 year season just to make the movie popular? I'm very skeptical, especially due to the fact I'll be a freshman in college when this comes out, so I doubt I'll see it.

#8 Hazmart

Part Computer Or Something

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

Can't wait!

#9 SpongeOddFan

lel

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

I'm not entirely sure how i feel about this, i felt this would work as straight to DVD than just being in theaters. Otherwise, we'll see.

#10 toasterstrutel

Frozen Cephalopod

• Members
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:35 PM

Yay I love movies.

#11 Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

I'll need to get a plot before I make a judgment, I liked the first two movies but I am worried it will be a copied going to land story.

#12 MasterAS

Space Pirate

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Meh, I can take it or leave it.

#13 SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy

• Members
  • 3,624 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:25 PM

Waaay too soon, man. A lot of the fans were excited to see the second movie because it's been 11 years since they saw the first. 

#14 thecrad15

Bomb-Selling Pirate

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Yay! There will be a third movie!

#15 JerryTheSnail

Flying Dutchman's Sock

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

I'm worried that this is going to be a direct sequel to SOOW, which I REALLY don't want. I would rather (since they just HAVE to make a 3rd movie) they made this it's own thing separate from both of the first two movies. And PLEASE no more super heroes, talking seagulls, or rap battles for crying out loud!!!!!!

I'm honestly not too optimistic about this but I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

#16 MrTortellini00

lame funny

• Members
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:49 AM

I'm worried that this is going to be a direct sequel to SOOW, which I REALLY don't want. I would rather (since they just HAVE to make a 3rd movie) they made this it's own thing separate from both of the first two movies. And PLEASE no more super heroes, talking seagulls, or rap battles for crying out loud!!!!!!

I'm honestly not too optimistic about this but I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

inb4 the third movie will have farting pooping rapping pelicans in it :naughty:

#17 BeanoSponge

• Members
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

I wonder how it will do at the box office. I think releasing it in February again is a good idea, as it shouldn't have too much competition. Though, Captain Marvel is released a month later.

#18 JerryTheSnail

Flying Dutchman's Sock

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

inb4 the third movie will have farting pooping rapping pelicans in it :naughty:

Dont worry, I'm not.....that guy. I'm saying since they didn't want SOOW to have any connection with the first movie, then this one should be its own thing too. A direct sequel to SOOW most likely wouldn't work, and a direct sequel to the first movie isn't going to happen.

Edited by JerryTheSnail, 12 January 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#19 Sweat

Krabby Patty Burglar

• Members
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

I'm already expecting this to turn out badly, it's going to be really hard to get a quality movie if it's gonna be milked this soon.

#20 The Drifter

Some person.

• Members
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

Hmm hmm here comes the butthurts.

#21 BeanoSponge

• Members
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

I hope they get a different director for the live-action sequences. My choice would be Robert Zemeckis (Who Framed Roger Rabbit), but I doubt he would ever do it. :P

#22 Paper Mario

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

I'm excited. But I'll probably be more excited near when trailers come out and stuff. When Sponge out of water was coming out I was like the hypest I've ever been ever.

#23 abisert

Flying Dutchman's Sock

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:30 AM

I'm worried it more likely to fail than..I don't know. I also don't know if we even need another SpongeBob movie.

#24 Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

I am just thankful the series isn't going on another hiatus.

#25 TheSpongeWhoCan'tFly

Hog RIIIDER

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:20 PM

I'm really thoughtful on it as I really hope it isn't hyped up like SOOW was. I will see the movie when it comes out. But as for now, I'm a mix between optimistic (positive) and ominous (negative).

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users