#1 DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

• Admins
  • 9319 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

POPULAR

First official poster!

From Bleeding Cool:

During his new film. Spongebob Squarepants will pop out of his flat, undersea dominion and become a fully 3D visitor to our live action world. Judging from the first poster, he’s going to look pretty groovy while he’s doing it.

movie2poster.jpg

#2 President Squidward

england is my providence

• Clips Mods
  • 12517 posts
  • Location:Seriously ? with spong bob way ! Limited t-shirts !! Buy now !

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:57 AM

The 3-d for that poster doesn't look that bad.

#3 That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep

• Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:47 AM

If that's what the CGI will look like, I honestly won't be too bothered. 

#4 President Squidward

england is my providence

• Clips Mods
  • 12517 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

Is this the site they're going to use?

http://www.squarepantsmovie.co.uk/

#5 Insomnia

Part Computer Or Something

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

POPULAR

I was kinda hoping the official poster would feature the 2d animation not the CGI. It makes it seem like the CG will be the main focus, I guess it's for marketing since CG films make a lot more money then 2d animated films nowadays which is why they barley exist now.

#6 Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot

• Members
  • 5668 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

At least the CG doesn't look too bad. Kinda reminds me of how he looks in the video games but let's hope for plenty of 2D animation too.

#7 Vuvuzela Smasher

Doowop

• Members
  • 4924 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:19 AM

The CG seems "meh" to me.

#8 DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

• Admins
  • 9319 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

POPULAR

I was kinda hoping the official poster would feature the 2d animation not the CGI. It makes it seem like the CG will be the main focus, I guess it's for marketing since CG films make a lot more money then 2d animated films nowadays which is why they barley exist now.

Yeah, I would have liked to see 2D as well. But at least we now know what the CGI looks like. I'm guessing the 2D parts will look similar to the first movie since there's lots of Sherm Cohen drawings. :)

w7wXyI2.png

By the way ... please tell me I'm not the only person who saw the poster and immediately thought of this:

#9 Supmandude

Best Friends Forever

• Members
  • 4408 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

First official poster!

From Bleeding Cool:

spongebob-2-600x888.jpg?9098e0

I don't like the word "the" being in the title without the number 2. It might make people think this is the first movie and kids growing up now might not even know about the first one at all.

The 3D model looks pretty good, though. I don't mind the characters being CG, but the whole idea of it probably only being done because there's little to no marketplace for traditional animation really really bothers me. Hopefully the CG is still a small part and they're putting it in all their commercials for marketing reasons and the actual film will treat people to a really good amount of amazing traditional animation.

Yeah, I would have liked to see 2D as well. But at least we now know what the CGI looks like. I'm guessing the 2D parts will look similar to the first movie since there's lots of Sherm Cohen drawings. :)

w7wXyI2.png

I wonder how much the scene-specific emotions from the storyboards will be closely replicated with the CG models. I hope we can see Sherm Cohen's influence even in the CG scenes with the expressions and such.

Edited by Supmandude, 10 June 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#10 Sailor Girl Charli

Green with Envy

• Members
  • 4384 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:51 AM

First official poster!

From Bleeding Cool:

Wow, I'm definitely NOT worried about the CG-I at all now!!! It's awesome!!! Also not concerned about the name, the way they designed it and organized it was also awesome!!! I'm also sure the beach will be nice, that also looks awesome. 

#11 [Guest_ultra sb fan]

• Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

oh my god it looks great i am a little concern on the name but not much i think this movie is going to be great.

#12 ℳѦḓℱґℯ∂

ooooooofy day

• Members
  • 1312 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

We waited for so long to see an CGI model of something from the movie, and the first one we get is that of a buttcrack. xD

Pretty cool, though.

#13 Grubby Grouper

oce

• Friends
  • 1490 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

I'm pretty satisfied with that 3D in the poster. If that's what the cgi looks like it will be good, I was really hoping they didn't do some low budget animation but this looks like it will work very well.

#14 [Guest_Lor McQuarry]

• Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Remember what the creators Paul Tibbitt and Steve Hillenburg said its MOSTLY 2D. I can't wait for the 2D. Nothing like a good old 2D film. They're an endangered species. I also heard they're planning a 2D theatrical Scooby Doo film and a 2D Flintstones film. CGI is getting mediocre.

#15 Kukimao

Part Computer Or Something

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

First official poster!

From Bleeding Cool:

Spongebutt.  :bullshrimp:

But yeah, no, this is good. Finally a real poster.

#16 DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

• Admins
  • 9319 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Remember what the creators Paul Tibbitt and Steve Hillenburg said its MOSTLY 2D. I can't wait for the 2D. Nothing like a good old 2D film. They're an endangered species. I also heard they're planning a 2D theatrical Scooby Doo film and a 2D Flintstones film. CGI is getting mediocre.

Yes, even with the CGI parts the fact that any of this movie is in 2D makes it a rare breed nowadays. I would have preferred wholly 2D like the first movie but I'm grateful that it's mostly 2D at least.

This is what Nick Cross (who worked on storyboards) said about the animation today:

2uqbDhY.png

#17 Patrick NotStar

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Did anyone notice the weird proportions?

I mean, SpongeBob isn't a tiny little sponge-sized person out of water, he's the size of an actual human!

Edited by Patrick NotStar, 10 June 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#18 Grubby Grouper

oce

• Friends
  • 1490 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

First official poster!

From Bleeding Cool:

That background looks like stuff we saw in this video

A clip of some filming yesterday from Instagram. I'm pretty certain that "kbay" = Kāneʻohe Bay, Hawaii.
Maybe it was filmed for more than a teaser and will be a part of the movie

#19 Cha♡

ハ!

• Friends
  • 6540 posts
  • Location:Sensei Shoyo’s holiday log cabin I mean the Penthouse

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

POPULAR

G7mYGI5.jpg

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

6YhAMSY.gif

I AM GOING TO EXPLODE INTO A MILLION PIECES.

#20 PinheadLarry

Ponhead

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

I like how he looks a bit like a real sponge

#21 Grubby Grouper

oce

• Friends
  • 1490 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

Facebook pages for US and UK
https://www.facebook.../SpongebobMovie
https://www.facebook...ongebobmovie.uk

#22 Patrick-Man!

Imitation Krab

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

i like the CG looks nice, reminds me of the recent game looks. im sure it won't focus heavily on it. im sure the poster was shown to let us know what the CG looks like. i like it alot :D

NOW GIVE ME TEASER

#23 DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

• Admins
  • 9319 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

Reading the comments ... somebody mentions that the poster is a parody of a Coppertone suncreen advertisement, so I looked it up, and they're clearly right. Suddenly it makes a lot more sense. :P

coppertone-L-pFoxFp.jpeg

#24 President Squidward

england is my providence

• Clips Mods
  • 12517 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I don't like the word "the" being in the title without the number 2. It might make people think this is the first movie and kids growing up now might not even know about the first one at all.

HAHAHHAAHAHHA are you kidding me? They show the first movie on Nick all the time! :P

#25 Jibbix

SSJ RACIST LMAO

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Well, uh...

Huh. Not really sure what to say at this point. The CGI as a gimmick is beginning to seem more and more arbitrary as we learn more about it, and while it looks really good in that poster... I don't know. SpongeBob went on land in the first movie and was 2D, so why is he suddenly CGI here? It's coming off as a gimmick very much so. I've always preferred 2D, even in the face of good CGI, but maybe it'll be alright. A more minor complaint, but "The SpongeBob Movie: A Sponge Out Of Water" is a super clunky title and just sounds off. Plus I reeeeealy hope the "lol butts" visual gag in the poster isn't indicative of the film's humor.

I don't really know how to feel at this point. Really hoping for at least some 2D, (SpongeBob's 2D animation with a huge budget is god level) but I think I'm gonna have to see some footage or something before I can really judge anything. I know it's just a poster, but it's made my hype go down a little, honestly speaking. :/

At least the CGI looks good, I guess.

Edit: disregard the "lol butts" comment since DMAP explained it a few posts above mine :P

Edited by Jibbix, 10 June 2014 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users