Pinned thread Unpopular opinions of yours

-January>December
-Interior Alaskan winter>Florida Winter
- -40 F>90 F
- Snowstorms rock (blizzards suck though)
- Winter is best when it takes up at least half of the year
- 25 F is shorts weather
- Sub Zero is not that bad if you just bundle up
- Dumb people offer more to me than smart people

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
My avatar is lying to you said:
-January>December
-Interior Alaskan winter>Florida Winter
- -40 F>90 F
- Snowstorms rock (blizzards suck though)
- Winter is best when it takes up at least half of the year
- 25 F is shorts weather
- Sub Zero is not that bad if you just bundle up
- Dumb people offer more to me than smart people
I agree with all except the last one. Also, when you said Sub Zero my first thought was of the Mortal Kombat character and I was really confused.

Other unpopular opinions of mine:

• I'm not crazy about Patrick.
  • I honestly love Mr. Krabs... when he's not being a completely a*shat.
  • I think Click is a genuinely good movie, or at least the second half of it is.
  • I love Mockingjay and I think it was a great way to wrap up The Hunger Games series.
  • I really don't care about Team Peeta or Team Gale.
  • Team Katniss or Team Johanna ftw.
  • People need to stop complaining about Katniss becoming "weaker" in Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Like, omg, she had a realistic reaction to a traumatizing event instead of shrugging it off like it was nothing?! She's obviously not a strong female character anymore! Bite me.
  • Order of the Phoenix is my favorite Harry Potter book. And Harry was not being too whiny/emo, he had every right to feel the way he did.
  • I don't like Fred and George Weasley very much.
  • Ginny is awesome and people seriously need to stop sl*t-shaming her because sl*t-shaming is disgusting.
  • Hufflepuffs are cool, and I say this as a proud Gryffindor.
  • I hate Romeo and Juliet.
  • Spiderman is better than Batman.
  • I like Soul Calibur 3 more than I like Soul Calibur 2.
  • I like the Pokemon introduced in Gen 4.
  • I like the rival in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I thought he was funny and endearing.
That's all I can think of for now.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Unpopular Opinions of RSF'S:

(Some unpopular opinions are unpopular only in certain places.)

1. God created the Heavens and the Earth and the Red Sox (unpopular everyplace west of Pittsfield).
2. The Yankees are the work of the devil. (unpopular in the NY-NJ-CT tri-state)
3. The Lakers are the work of the devil. (unpopular where I live)
4. Hockey is just as good a sport as baseball, basketball, or football. (unpopular everywhere south of Duluth, MN)
5. Post-season 4 just doesn't cut it. (When I first joined, this was actually a popular opinion.)
6. The Boston accent is not too strong, you just can't understand it. Watch North Shore Fish and an episode or two of Cheers.
6a. Israel Horovitz is the greatest literary genius of all time. (Unpopular everywhere outside of Wakefield, Massachusetts)
7. Yosemite is better than Yellowstone.
8. Cold weather is better than hot weather.
9. XP is better than Vista AND 7.
10. Real books are better than Kindles. (unpopular as of c. 2011)
11. Real newspapers are better than online news websites.
12. The Hunger Games does not qualify as actual literature.
13. The Twilight Saga does not qualify as actual literature.
14. Fantasy novels do not qualify as actual literature (Harry Potter excluded because J.K. Rowling actually wove in timely undertones about the Bush era, ethnic cleansing, and other such topics, and, well, they were simply written on a higher level.)
15. Bill Buckner is a real human being with real feelings, it has been 27 years, 3 World Series championships have been won since, and he ought to be forgiven once and for all.

I offer a quote from my work-in-progress novel, The Families of Allspice, which, I believe, accurately sums up the majority of my unpopular opinions, especially in regard to New England:

Up here we’re always either too liberal, too conservative, have too thick an accent, are too overweight, or root for the wrong baseball team.

HarryPotterLives said:
I agree with all except the last one. Also, when you said Sub Zero my first thought was of the Mortal Kombat character and I was really confused.

Other unpopular opinions of mine:

• I'm not crazy about Patrick.
  • I honestly love Mr. Krabs... when he's not being a completely a*shat.
  • I think Click is a genuinely good movie, or at least the second half of it is.
  • I love Mockingjay and I think it was a great way to wrap up The Hunger Games series.
  • I really don't care about Team Peeta or Team Gale.
  • Team Katniss or Team Johanna ftw.
  • People need to stop complaining about Katniss becoming "weaker" in Catching Fire and Mockingjay. Like, omg, she had a realistic reaction to a traumatizing event instead of shrugging it off like it was nothing?! She's obviously not a strong female character anymore! Bite me.
  • Order of the Phoenix is my favorite Harry Potter book. And Harry was not being too whiny/emo, he had every right to feel the way he did.
  • I don't like Fred and George Weasley very much.
  • Ginny is awesome and people seriously need to stop sl*t-shaming her because sl*t-shaming is disgusting.
  • Hufflepuffs are cool, and I say this as a proud Gryffindor.
  • I hate Romeo and Juliet.
  • Spiderman is better than Batman.
  • I like Soul Calibur 3 more than I like Soul Calibur 2.
  • I like the Pokemon introduced in Gen 4.
  • I like the rival in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I thought he was funny and endearing.
That's all I can think of for now.
Well, when I say dumb people, I don't mean legitimate dumb people, but the ones who aren't STRAIGHT A'S LOLLL. :P In my area, anyone who's STRAIGHT A'S LOLLL is too arrogant to give advice. @_@

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
My avatar is lying to you said:
Well, when I say dumb people, I don't mean legitimate dumb people, but the ones who aren't STRAIGHT A'S LOLLL. :p In my area, anyone who's STRAIGHT A'S LOLLL is too arrogant to give advice. @_@
Funny, most of the people I know who get straight A's are really nice.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Religious views should not be automatically deserving of respect/tolerance or be immune to criticism purely on the basis of "that's just what I believe". They should be as open to discussion and scrutiny as much as any other opinions a person may have, and not be placed on an untouchable pedestal. I feel particularly strongly about this when the beliefs some people restrict the rights of other people.

Back