SpongeBob Fan Shellabration - Sept 7-8 - Universal Studios Hollywood

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

Cha

I love SBM
Oh man if they do have a convention in the UK they should have one in the US too. I wonder how big a SpongeBob convention in the UK would turn out. :w00t:

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Dang... that video has been on the b2b site for months and I didn't even catch that. They should have the convention in America... since that's where the show is made... :p

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I'm curious about how a convention would work. Would they aim it at kids? Adults? Everybody? SpongeBob is technically still popular when you look at ratings, social media activity etc but how many of those people care enough about the show that they'd go to a convention?

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I'm curious about how a convention would work. Would they aim it at kids? Adults? Everybody? SpongeBob is technically still popular when you look at ratings, social media activity etc but how many of those people care enough about the show that they'd go to a convention?

I think it would be aimed at kids, as they are Nickelodeon's target audience

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I think it would be aimed at kids, as they are Nickelodeon's target audience

That makes sense ... I can see it working if they promote it like they do with other official Nick events like Worldwide Day of Play.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
That makes sense ... I can see it working if they promote it like they do with other official Nick events like Worldwide Day of Play.

Well they'll probably advertise it a lot in the coming months. Other shows have had successful conventions before, so I think the SpongeBob one will go well.

If it's in the UK, I'm very tempted to go, I'm just hoping that it may not be aimed solely at children :p

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
UltimateSpongeBob101 said:
The event will be held in the USA this year, not the UK. Viacom BIZ has confirmed so.
Makes sense ... there's definitely a bigger audience for it in the USA.

When is Labor Day, by the way? I googled it but there's a couple of different answers so I don't know which is right.

Cha

I love SBM
I'm totally going to dress up as Squidly for it. :jester:

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
DadMom AngryPants said:
Makes sense ... there's definitely a bigger audience for it in the USA.

When is Labor Day, by the way? I googled it but there's a couple of different answers so I don't know which is right.
September 2

Cha

I love SBM
Does anyone know yet where in the US it's taking place?

Back