YouTube is trash.

Mr. Fittz

Friends
So I wake up and go on the computer and logon to YouTube. But, surprise, surprise!

"Your account has been permanently disabled."

I am confused as to why it was disabled. Did I upload whole seasons of television shows? No. It turns out, that at 3:20 in the morning, they sent an e-mail to my e-mail address saying that one of my videos was removed due to a copyright claim. I am perplexed as to WHY they disabled it after ONE video. After all, here's what it says:

"
Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide."

Yeah. REPEATED incidents. Not one. I was still confused why they had disabled my account though. I look at my videos, and they were "removed due to a terms of service violation". OH NO!!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!1111 Hey YouTube, if they violated the ToS, THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU REMOVE THEM BEFORE??? WHY GIVE THE REASON AS A "TERMS OF SERVICE VIOLATION" ANYWAYS?

WELL, GUESS WHAT? I FINALLY FOUND OUT WHY THEY DISABLED IT.

It wasn't just because of one video. Apparently, after they received the copyright claim, they looked at my other videos, saw that they had "infringing" content, and permanently disabled my account. Now I know why. After they were notified of a copyright violation on one of my videos, it shed light onto my other "infringing" videos, which probably counted as a repeated offense, which lead to the termination.

WHY YOUTUBE WHY??? It was my first account, and I had a lot of favorite videos that I will never see again.

Thank you, YouTube.

</rant>

Mizu

Moby Dollar
Ouch. D:
I'm starting to not like YouTube so much either. Anime shows on YouTube are being deleted one by one and its not fair towards me. I mean come on! Ever since Google bought YouTube, they've been making some unnecessary changes on the site. And I am also sick of this copyright infringement thing. Veoh.com seems to be the best site for me right now (although I do go onto my YouTube account for my favorite mv's and amv's >w<).

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I still like YouTube. After launching a UK-specific site, and incorporating it into Google Video search, I owe a lot to YouTube. A toast to YouTube, for the ages!

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
YouTube is being sued right now by some angry people. Companies are starting to not support YouTube anymore. Basically, within 3 years, YouTube will be shut down. :laugh:

SquidwardLover

My dogs want your cereal. :)
YouTube is being sued right now by some angry people. Companies are starting to not support YouTube anymore. Basically, within 3 years, YouTube will be shut down. :(
:laugh:
YouTube still has good videos.

It wasn't made for people to upload copyrighted stuff.

I like YouTube. I like to upload my Petz videos. Next I'll do something with my dogs.

I was also able to watch "Lake Laogai" (missed the eppy) and the Avatar Unaired Pilot (don't have da DVD).

debubster

-F I E R C E-
I'm starting to not like YouTube so much either. Anime shows on YouTube are being deleted one by one and its not fair towards me.
The point of Youtube was not to start hosting TV shows. EVERYBODY knows that's copyright infringement, and that they would be bound to be sued at one point or another. The point of Youtube was for people to put videos to share with friends, or the rest of the world. Personal videos, like the one of the cat that could play piano. And, with the permission of the director, music videos. NOT TV shows in which the creator did NOT give permission. Youtube is still a great site. If you don't like it, then don't use it... do it the legal way and buy DVD's instead. The show doesn't have DVD's? Tough luck. Find another legal way to get it, but don't go placing the blame on innocent, used sites.

revolution

Daydreams
What NBC, CBS, and other networks did = Make an account on YouTube and upload the copyrighted stuff for them, so its legal

What Viacom did = Sue as if they need more crack....

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
What NBC, CBS, and other networks did = Make an account on YouTube and upload the copyrighted stuff for them, so its legal

What Viacom did = Sue as if they need more crack....

Yeah, ever since the "new" post-2005 Viacom came into excistence, they've been suing all day and all night. And personally I don't think their logo is any more modern than the old Viacom logo.

PinkPearl

insert title here
Very unfair.

Reminds me of this thing on my computer, Net Nanny. It's supposed to be blocking inappropriate material and stuff like that. One time I was trying to go on a Mario website with a list of power ups, and it wouldn't let me because of gambling. 1: What GAMBLING? It was a list of items! 2: What's wrong with gambling? That and a lot of other unfair stuff that happened.

What is wrong with these websites lately?

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
Very unfair.

Reminds me of this thing on my computer, Net Nanny. It's supposed to be blocking inappropriate material and stuff like that. One time I was trying to go on a Mario website with a list of power ups, and it wouldn't let me because of gambling. 1: What GAMBLING? It was a list of items! 2: What's wrong with gambling? That and a lot of other unfair stuff that happened.

What is wrong with these websites lately?
It might've linked to a gambling site and gambling is wrong because you're bidding for a particular event that may occur. It's wrong to gamble because that's like bidding that your going to be hit by lightning in 10 seconds. I personally hate gambling. O_o

But YouTube is being sued even more by angry people, famous people on YouTube are starting to revolt YouTube by posting vblogs of complaints, and Google fans are starting to go on Yahoo Search. O_o

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
It's strange that YouTube deletes copyright infringing videos but don't delete videos that people upload like someone beating someone up (I heard a video like that was uploaded.) It seems YouTube care more about being sued than having inappropriate videos on their site.

Back