Your Thoughts on Looney Tunes

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
(This was something I wanted to do for sometime now)

So what's this thread about? Well the name explains it's self, what do you think of Looney Tunes and it's many iterations, spinoff's, movies, and shows?

Personally I think Looney Tunes is one of the best franchises of all time (right next to Tom and Jerry, SpongeBob, and (though not my favorite in my opinion) Mickey Mouse)

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I like the original Looney Tunes, mainly Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Speed Gonzales, Sylvester/Tweety, and Roadrunner/Wile E Coyote episodes.

I'm not a huge fan of the newest reboot or version of it (same with tom & jerry). To me it's a dumb-downed version of the violence and creativeness and I think that's what loses it for me. I understand the times we are in, but I think it's just better to leave it in there. You don't see Call of Duty or any of the shooting games doing this...

I do love Tiny Toons and Baby Looney Tunes when they were in their original run.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Looney Tunes is the best. The newer Looney Tunes Cartoons on HBO Max are really good like the original.

YouDontKnowSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
The original shorts were fine but for the spin-offs I like The Looney Tunes Show and Duck Dodgers.

Wabbit/New Looney Tunes was just Teen Titans No and was likely only made because Cartoon Network was going calarts at the time. Same reason why they probably made Be Cool Scooby-Doo.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
I love the franchise. My favorites are the shorts from 1936-1964 (though 1930-1933 are also good).

Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs (if you count it as part of the LT franchise, that is), The HBO Max series, and the 2011 Looney Tunes Show are also really good. I consider the 2011 show in particular as the best usage of the characters in years.

I found Wabbit to be mediocre but passable, and I at least appreciate that they brought back Gabby Goat and gave him a more tolerable personality. Loonatics Unleashed and Baby Looney Tunes were major missteps (particularly the former).

Even the original shorts made from late-1933 to 1935 or late-1964 to 1969 were not up to caliber with the rest, though there are at least a few shorts I liked from each era (namely "Beauty and the Beast", "Rabbit Stew and Rabbits Too", or "I Haven't Got a Hat").

pinkiepie05

Baby Clam
I enjoy the Looney Tunes. I like the original Animaniacs and its reboot (if they're considered apart of the Looney Tunes). I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I really liked The Looney Tunes Show (which ran from May 3, 2011, through August 31, 2014). It had less slapstick, but focused more on the character's personality and dialogue. (It also has the best version of Lola Bunny imo and introduced Tina Russo who is one of my favorite characters)

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I liked the Looney Tunes for a very long time, having watched them on TBS, TNT, ABC, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, The WB and Boomerang as I was growing up.

I'm so glad the classic TV channel "MeTV" airs them as part of their weekday "Toon In with Me" TV show and as part of their "MeTV Saturday Morning Cartoons" block alongside other classics including Pink Panther, Popeye the Sailor, Betty Boop and Tom & Jerry.

I loved that they were doing this for the many generations of Baby Boomers/Gen-Xers/Millennials who were nostalgic for these classic cartoons, especially in this day and age where Boomerang seldom airs classic cartoons.

MeTV is available as an over-the-air broadcast (antenna) channel and as a cable TV/satellite TV channel, which makes this channel and its classic TV programming accessible to people of all ages and incomes, including cable/satellite TV subscribers, and cord-cutters/cord-nevers across the United States (including some Canadian border cities and Mexican border cities in the United States) in all its digital TV glory.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
I watched some Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner shorts yesterday and I'm still impressed at how creative some of the shorts are. Just having a coyote trying to catch a road runner with all sorts of crazy inventions and devices (and failing every time) is a ridiculous idea, yet the writers were able to think of that and make some amazing shorts out of this.

Back