Your Opinion on Post-Second Movie Episodes

Are the new episodes any good?

• Total voters

DankPineappleLord

Imitation Krab
What's your opinion on the episodes that were made after Sponge Out of Water? Are they any good? Has the show gotten better or has the writing gotten so stale to the point where SpongeBob needs to change its style and reboot itself to keep itself fresh? I personally haven't seen any of these episodes since I don't have cable anymore =/ . From the looks of it the new episodes look like they have improved since the atrocities that were seasons 6 and 7, but the show hasn't reached to pre-movie levels of awesomeness. The new direction that the show is going for just sounds like post-movie but without the awful torture ::dolphin noise:: and filler that made it bad.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
The only one I liked was Squid Plus One, but even that had a couple problems. So yeah I'm not really a fan of these newer episodes. :/

BobCarotte

meep
Yeti Krabs: OK
Lost In Bikini Bottom: Good
Tutor Sauce: Great
Squid Plus One: Great
The Executive Treatment: Great
Pull Up A Barrel: Great
Company Picnic: Good

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I actually like them quite a bit. No bad stuff, but at the same time we have great gags, interesting plots, and lots of clever jokes as well. Don't see why people are still overreacting.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
LIBB- Good
Tutor Sauce- Great :sbthumbs:
Executive Treatment- Great :pattongue:
Squid Plus One- Great :whoo:
Pull Up A Barrel- GRRRRREAT! :sbthumbs: :sbthumbs:
Company Picnic- Decent

I think the show is slowly, but surely getting better. I hate to pick on Jack Pendarvis, but CP was mediocre at best. "ORNAMENTAL AT BEST!!!!!"

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
Lost In Bikini Bottom- 6/10
Tutor Sauce- 8/10
Executive Treatment- 8/10
Squid Plus One- 9/10
Pull Up A Barrel- 10/10
Company Picnic- 7/10

The plots are kinda disappointing because I'm afraid there's gonna be more Krusty Krab episodes. If they can tone that down and use some variety (more other locations, more Patrick, and more APM tracks), then there will be no major complaints.

On the upside, the artwork and animation had been improving. Thanks to the new artists like Bob Camp, Fred Osmond, Lynne Naylor, etc., they had been putting more effort to the facial expressions instead of staying on-model. It's a good thing to have artists coming from a cartoon with awesome animation and nonstop off-modeling to do some work on this show because it will improve the boring art it had the past few seasons. The animation had been flowing much better compared to season 9A and even more so than 6-8. It's just nice to have this type of style in 2015 because I don't want it like some modern cartoons that prefer to stay on-model and stiff (Cough Regular Show, modern Simpsons, Cough). I might make a topic about this animation style though as I feel like I'm talking about it too much. Anyway, the writing is definitely a stepup from seasons 5-8. It's almost on par with 4. Although I want to see more Kyle and Kaz episodes. I just hope Kaz's writing doesn't decline if he writes weaker than average episodes. And Kyle needs more Patrick (at least he's co-writing next week's episode).

So far, I'll say that this era been good. It's so good that it's even better than seasons 6 and 7 overall (I gave them below 7/10).

Cyril

Flying Dutchman's Sock
None of them have been bad but the only one I thought was really great was Tutor Sauce, though Pull Up A Barrel was pretty good all-around. Company Picnic was probably the closest to being bad, Mr. Krabs' cheapness wasn't amusing and the plot twist at the end felt unnecessary and kind a slap in the face. Still was mildly enjoyable to watch.

The-Great-Wumbozi

Part Computer or Something
Yeti Krabs: OK
Lost In Bikini Bottom: Good
Tutor Sauce: Great
Squid Plus One: Great
The Executive Treatment: Great
Pull Up A Barrel: Great
Company Picnic: Good
Yeti Krabs was finished two years before it aired. So technically it doesn't count.
Lost In Bikini Bottom:Good(6th)
Tutor Sauce:Golden(4th)
Squid Plus One:Good(5th)
The Executive Treatment:Golden(2nd)
Company Picnic:Good(7th)
Pull Up A Barrel:Golden(3rd)
What's Eating Patrick?:Golden(1st)
Sanctuary!:Pending(To Air Oct. 16)

I've enjoyed all of them to some degree, though I'll admit some episodes still have trouble keeping characters in character. Spongebob in "Squid Plus One" was awfully obnoxious, and I think they went a little too far with the "shocking gross out" in Company Picnic, but otherwise, I enjoy the newer episodes. "Pull Up a Barrel" was especially a ton of fun.

More

VIP
Meh, I'm not even interested in regularly watching the show anymore. I have yet to see half these episodes.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Felix said:
If they can tone that down and use some variety (more other locations, more Patrick, and more APM tracks)
But some people like me enjoy to collect the original tracks by connecting parts of them from various episodes. Moreover, even the original music from SpongeBob has its charm that some other cartoon shows don't have.
The number of APM tracks played in post-2 movie eps has increased, by the way. Watch "Executive Treatment" and "Pull Up a Barrel" and you'll see what I mean.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
RomNick said:
But some people like me enjoy to collect the original tracks by connecting parts of them from various episodes. Moreover, even the original music from SpongeBob has its charm that some other cartoon shows don't have.
The number of APM tracks played in post-2 movie eps has increased, by the way. Watch "Executive Treatment" and "Pull Up a Barrel" and you'll see what I mean.
Yeah, but I was referring to the lack of location variety. I feel like most of the upcoming episodes are most likely gonna be KK (Krusty Krab) related one way or another. Even though there's already a half special taking place at it not too long ago, I'm down for another Goo Lagoon episode.

Back