Your Alternate Universe

greatthing

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I'm thinking of an AU where many people are on TV instead of the internet, like Pewdiepie and Mr. Beast

YouDontKnowSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Continuing from my universe:
The airings of the first six SpongeBob seasons would be:
Season 1 - 1999 to 2000
Season 2 - 2000 to 2001
Season 3 - Late 2001 to early 2003
Season 4 - 2005 to 2006
Season 5 - Fully airs in 2007
Season 6 - 2008 to 2009

Also, Season 9B would air between 2015 to mid 2016, Season 10 would air between late 2016 to mid 2017, Season 11 remains the same and Season 12 would air between 2019 to 2020 with no delays

Mr. Eugene H. Krabs

The Krusty Krab's Manager/Boss
More for my alternate universe and there's just 5 until I think of some more to put, so here is more:
Starting with the year 2017, there would be 48 hours in a day.
Starting with October 1st 2021, Halloween lasts 31 days and ends on November 1st
The Tidal Zone airs in the US and UK without being pushed off the airings for November 25th 2022
Abandon Twits / Wallhalla airs in US, the UK and Ireland on October 15th, 2022 and October 16th, 2022
The Irish dub of SpongeBob gets rights to Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 and premieres on Cúla4 in 2015

Last edited:

greatthing

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Here's an AU where YouTubers and other web series are on TV:

G4 broadcasts many videos from YouTube, which makes the channel very popular and continue to this day.
Many gamers like Pewdiepie, Markiplier, etc. are on G4 ITTL
The Angry Video Game Nerd and The Nostalgia Critic are also on G4
Happy Tree Friends TV Series moves to [adult swim] for a second season
Battle for Dream Island and Inanimate Insanity are on Disney Channel and Nickelodeon respectively to compete with Cartoon Network's airings of Total Drama, however the object show genre might not be as big as it is IOTL
Shows that provide explanations of CreepyPastas and the SCP Foundation air on either two different networks or on the same network
The George Liquor web-series that was a thing in 1997 is a TV show on Comedy Central, and it gets John K. exposed earlier
Garry's Mod is a popular game and most videos of the game like those from VanossGaming and VenturianTale air on G4
Your Favorite Martian music videos air on MTV
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared remains as both a web-series and a TV series

That's all I can think of for this AU.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
In one of my alternate universes, Sega of America would lower the price of the Sega Saturn to the low price of $249, undercutting the price of Sony PlayStation. As a result, Sega would not have to worry about botching their big speech at the E3 expo, and the Sega Saturn would outsell the Sony PlayStation, with the promise of that alternate reality's Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on the year following the Sega Saturn's launch. That alternate reality's version of Sonic 4 for the Sega Saturn would be created by the Sonic Team, and would have gameplay elements that feel similar to this reality's Sonic Mania with gameplay elements from Sonic 3 & Knuckles thrown in, as well as a soundtrack inspired the dance, alternative rock, techno, electronic and R&B music of the time...

greatthing

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Here's another thing for my AU:

The Live-Action Dr. Seuss Movies are never made, animated The Cat in the Hat and The Grinch movies take the place of the live-action ones, with The Cat in the Hat movie coming before The Grinch movie, and an adaptation of "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" replacing Illumination's Grinch movie.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
@SpongeBobfan1987 I like the idea of Adventure Time in syndication
Some of the major TV stations that my syndication service (Entertainment Corporation of America/ETCA) would do test screenings of syndicated Adventure Time episodes at would include KTVK 3 in Phoenix, Arizona and KSTC 5.2 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as well as KDNL-TV 30, the ABC affiliate in St. Louis, Missouri before a nationwide rollout...

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Alternative Universe Me would be an accomplished artist who was able to make cartoons and get them out there in between 2019 to 2023 as well as having a lot of comics under my name.

Also I would have been a voice actor for my own stuff as well...

Mr. Eugene H. Krabs

The Krusty Krab's Manager/Boss
Here is some more of the crazy stuff for my alternate universe right now:
(btw some years point out those are earlier times)
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy premiered on Cartoon Network HD in 2001, all seasons were produced in widescreen.
Cartoon Network HD started it's run in 1997, earlier.
Nickelodeon HD was founded in 2001, which aired all the SpongeBob older episodes in HD and widescreen.
Kamp Koral and The Patrick Star Show were produced earlier in 2015, making the episodes complete Season 1 before it becomes produced late by January 1st, 2016.
HBO Max was founded in 2010, and had all of the Cartoon Network shows on there.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I'd have a band in an alternate universe that winds up becoming popular in the early 2020s with various hit songs, most of which are originals, and others, which are cover songs. My band would even have an animated documentary-style film with performances by the band that I would have animated by Adventure Time/Bravest Warriors creator Pendleton Ward, which would also have performances by my band drawn in his signature style. I would even have the audience in the film's animated "live" performances feature small cameos by Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, Lady Rainicorn and Marceline in the middle of an audience of cheering fans, since I'm a fan of Pen's work on Adventure Time...

Two of the performances in the film would be a duet with E.G. Daily and I, a cover version of Phil Collins/Phillip Bailey's "Easy Lover" and a cover of Paul McCartney/Michael Jackson's "Say, Say, Say."

Other cover songs in the film would include "Love Comes Quickly," originally by the Pet Shop Boys and "No Way Out," originally by Jefferson Starship.

The animated film would be quite similar to Daft Punk's anime film, Interstella 5555, but it would also be a parody of a documentary like Weird or Music & Lyrics...

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
In one of my alternate universes, a new wave band from Arizona, The Jetzons would become famous circa 1983, and their song "Hard Times" would secure a #1 spot on the Top 40 charts in the summer of 1984...

CarlosTankEngineBoi

Moby Dollar
Mine:

Nickelodeon waits until May 29, 2010 to change logo, meaning Noggin and Tne N stay around until said, to which after, Noggin becomes Nick Jr, and The N becomes TeenNick
Logos after Split Screen Credits never lag on Nickelodeon HD
Nickelodeon HD becomes widely available also gets a Pacific Time Zone feed
SpongeBob is produced in 16:9 720p HD since Season 4 (which are shown like that on Nickelodeon HD)
The Fairly OddParents is always made in 16:9 HD 720p
Warner Bros networks never stretch 4:3 content on their HD feeds
Kmart is still around
The Powerpuff Girls 2016 reboot never existed
Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Season 2 is aired in 16:9 on Nickelodeon HD
Nick at Nite becomes an adult block
Glenn Martin, DDS gets a real series finale at the end of 2011, with the Martins’ house rebuilt, meaning they finally go back home
Family Guy becomes an Adult Swim original after being revived, meaning it never leaves Adult Swim
Paramount Global buys Fox instead of Disney

I don’t know where else to continue

Last edited:

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
In another one of my alternate universes, people would realize the benefits that walking and running barefoot would bring, which would be a cause for the widespread acceptance of minimalist shoes (a.k.a. barefoot shoes) in the United States, with kids and adults wearing minimalist shoes everywhere, as they abandon their over-padded Nike or Reebok shoes with cramped toe boxes after retraining their feet to wear their minimalist shoes.

...and Sockwa shoes would be more popular than those Vibram FiveFingers "toe sneakers" in my alternate universe, since Sockwa shoes look stylish, yet provide people with all kinds of fun barefoot benefits (in terms of sensory and muscle development in the soles/toes, as well as great back posture from having their feet flat on the ground) with plenty of protection from cuts or other hazards when wearing them everywhere, thanks to a flexible and durable thermal-polyurethane plastic sole, when wearing them.

These are the shoes I'm talking about:

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
My Alternate Universe:

-Stephen Hillenburg is alive, and nickelodeon doesn't create the spinoffs. This makes the production of the show not slow down, so we're in Season 15 now.

-HBO Max didn't remove any Looney Tunes short, and HBO Max has *all* shorts ever made (restored, HD) on their service.

-Streaming platforms offer the same content worldwide. (and every major streaming platform exists worldwide)

-Nick shows like Harvey Beaks didn't get cancelled as early.

-The Fairly OddParents never had a 9th or 10th season.

-Chris Savino was never fired (and never did what he did to get fired in the real universe), so The Loud House is still at least slightly watchable. (though I never particularly liked the show)

-Same as #6 but with Kricfalusi and Ren & Stimpy, and it ended with Season 5, produced by Spümcø.

-Graphics Cards never got expensive.

-Inflation isn't as severe as in the real universe.

-All of SpongeBob's original background music (original as in composed for the show), and also all songs are released and can be listened to online.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
In one of my alternate universes, income has a better time keeping up with inflation.
Six Flags sell their theme parks to Warner Bros. Movie World, with Six Flags Great America becoming Warner Bros. Movie World Midwest.
A live show featuring Adventure Time characters premierse at WB Movie World Midwest.
An Adventure Time dark ride opens at WB Movie World Midwest.
The entirety of Toys "R" Us, not just the Canadian locations, are sold to a Canadian investor...
The ShopKo, ShopKo Express and ShopKo Hometown stores (not just the ShopKo Optical stores) are still in business, and start expanding into states formerly served by Kmart in the Atlantic Northeast and East Coast, as well as the American South and Desert Southwest, as well as Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and the USVI.
Pepsi changes to a logo resembling the Fall 2023 logo in 2008...
WarnerMedia joins forces with Roku and adds a free Cartoon Network channel (as well as individual 24-hour stand-alone Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Teen Titans and The Powerpuff Girls channels) to the Roku Live TV channel guide to compete with PlutoTV's Nickelodeon suite of channels owned by Paramount...
JCPenney is still in good financial health as a department store and plans to open 50 new stores in 2023, some being replacements for old, worn-out locations...

TheSpongyKnight

Heir to the Throne of King Neptune
Have you ever wanted to live in a time where everything seemed different in my own way? Have you ever wanted to see more entries of Bomberman? More games that were never released in real life? LittleBigPlanet games on non-PlayStation consoles (excluding the PC in OTL)? Ryan’s World Online? Have you even wanted to witness the revival of the LaserDisc format? Then you’ve certainly come to the right place, or thread.

Throughout an upcoming new thread (on either Nautical Nonsense or Plankton's Laboratory), I’ll be making an entire alternate timeline starting from 1983 and going to the present day. However, I can’t find any access points since Plankton “glaze-dipped” my virtual house, so we’re going in blind! Be on guard, guys, as you have faith in the stars!

The first threadmark is coming soon! Consider following me so you don’t miss the thread’s premiere!

Sorry if that felt like a bump BTW

Back