Your Alternate Universe

greatthing

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Have you ever wanted to live in a time where everything seemed different in my own way? Have you ever wanted to see more entries of Bomberman? More games that were never released in real life? LittleBigPlanet games on non-PlayStation consoles (excluding the PC in OTL)? Ryan’s World Online? Have you even wanted to witness the revival of the LaserDisc format? Then you’ve certainly come to the right place, or thread.

Throughout an upcoming new thread (on either Nautical Nonsense or Plankton's Laboratory), I’ll be making an entire alternate timeline starting from 1983 and going to the present day. However, I can’t find any access points since Plankton “glaze-dipped” my virtual house, so we’re going in blind! Be on guard, guys, as you have faith in the stars!

The first threadmark is coming soon! Consider following me so you don’t miss the thread’s premiere!

Sorry if that felt like a bump BTW
Sounds like a great alternate universe, can't wait to see the first threadmark!

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
In one of my alternate universes, the NES gets discontinued in 2010, instead of 1995, with a big-named toy company (possibly Mattel Toys) stepping in to be the seller the console (just like Majesco did with Sega's products, but with permission/under license from Nintendo Co. Ltd. Japan and Nintendo of America) after it was discontinued in Japan by Nintendo in 2003.

The final game for the NES in North America and the UK this alternate universe is SpongeBob SquarePants: Legend of the Lost Spatula, which is basically an upgraded port of the Game Boy Color game on a bright yellow NES cartridge.

The second to last NES game would be all three Game Boy Color Powerpuff Girls games (Battle HIM, Bad Mojo Jojo and Paint the Townsville Green) ported onto one hot pink-colored NES cartridge, known as The Powerpuff Girls Classics.

The NES gets a final redesign, the NES Model 3 (NES-201), which is basically similar to the Model 2 (NES-101) top-loader console, except red swaps places with light gray as the console's base color and the back has multi-out for composite or RGB, instead of an RF output, which relies on a TV's radio frequency of channels 3 or 4.

A special edition Toys "R" Us Exclusive version of the NES Model 3 comes in gold plastic and also comes with a gold 2-in-1 Legend of Zelda compilation cartridge containing The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link, both with the in-game text revised to clean up the instances of Engrish strewn throughout both games (much like later versions of those games in our timeline)...

I'd picture the NES' popularity in North America in this alternate timeline being quite similar to the way things played out with the Sega Master System in Brazil in our timeline, where TecToy supported the system in Brazil under license long after Sega discontinued it elsewhere in the world...

TheSpongyKnight

Heir to the Throne of King Neptune
In case I slack off before the entire timeline is complete, here is the scoop in bulk:
  • Nintendo and Pioneer release the Famicom outside of Japan as Nintendo-Pioneer Play-On (or Nintendo-Pioneer Play-On Virtual System according to the logo)
  • The SpongeBob series started as a series of shorts written and animated by Stephen Hillenburg (soon to be the show's creator) in 1988, and a video game based on those shorts was released by Hudson Soft in 1992.
  • The first LittleBigPlanet game was actually Konami's Sackboy Land (developed by Sony Imagesoft and Pack-In Video) on the SNES in 1993 and the PlayStation one year later as a launch title.
  • The TurboGrafx-16 received a Sonic the Hedgehog installment called Sonic: Shining Legacy in 1993.
  • The Bomberman franchise managed to get 4 Game Gear titles as part of a spin-off series called 3D Bomberman. In those games, the game is played in an isometric perspective and Black Bomberman becomes an anti-hero. This replaces OTL's Sonic Labyrinth.
  • ITTL, the 1993 Mario film is actually a 2D animated adaptation of Super Mario Adventures, produced by Movimagic, distributed by Touchstone Pictures and released in 1996.
  • A certain online game was released in 2003 and was renamed Ryan's World Online in 2017. Its sequel Ryan's World Online 2 was released two years later.
  • And for the finale, the LaserDisc format was revived in 2023, with the LD-99800 and with Ryan's World: The New LaserDisc Movie for Everyone as the LD-99800's launch title.
There are a lot more than just these 8 points, so be on the lookout for more threadmarks on my Alternate Timeline thread, only on the Nautical Nonsense section of the SpongeBuddy Mania forums!

CarlosTankEngineBoi

Moby Dollar
In contiunation for mine, the Wii U is marketed better and the Overview trailer on YouTube is used on TV so people know what it really is, the Wii U Gamepad can be anywhere in the house, Remote Play is allowed for Nintendo Switch and Wii U with a dedicated Nintendo Remote Play app, the Wii U can play Blu-ray and DVD discs, the Wii Mini never exists, the 3DS and Wii U eShop is still open to this day

Spongybobthegod

Part Computer or Something
-Nickelodeon approves Phineas and Ferb... in 1995.
-All bad Simpsons episodes are good.
-Sesame Street is sold to Disney in 2006 to put all Muppets under one umbrella.
-HIT Entertainment doesn't buy Thomas.
-The ninth season of The Smurfs does not exist.
-Fairly OddParents does not have anything to do with Nelvana at all.
-Both Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab are greenlit in 1995. If Nick started with multiple shows, why couldn't CN?
-Postman Pat premieres in America before 2000.
-Nickelodeon Germany stays and SpongeBob gets a german dub in 2000.
-Teletubbies does not exist.
-Drusilla and Minerva from The Garfield Show appear in the comic strip.
-Club Penguin does not close until Flash Player end of life.
-Toontown online still exists
-Chuck E Cheese 2.0 never happens
-Jetix europe is still alive, and shows reruns of old Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network animated series since 2015 after Disney lost the rights to the Jetix brand.
-Dapol goes bankrupt because their model trains are trash.
-Nick.com doesn't become trash.
-Fireman Sam (1987) ends for good after one season due to it being a failure. The 2005 series is still made as a attempt to revive the show but it fails once again.
-Due to Fireman Sam being cancelled pretty much immediately, Postman Pat has new seasons air in 1988, 1990 and 1994, and the season that premiered in 1996 would be the fifth.

Last edited:

GetWelded

Welcome to the Chum Bucket #1 fan
- Stephen Hillenburg doesn't Die.
- Derek Drymon never quits SpongeBob.
- One Coarse Meal and Stuck in the Wringer do not exist.
- All SpongeBob episodes are great.
- The Loud House never goes to ::dolphin noise::.
- Nick.com never becomes a filthy clickbait website without online games.
- Nickelodeon approves Adventure Time and rejects Fanboy and ChumChum.
- Shrek becomes president.
- Yogos never get discontinued.
- Streaming services never exist.

Mr. What Zit Tooya

Moby Dollar
- All SB Seasons are good
- SB S3 ended in 2002, S4 in 2006 or February 19, 2007 S5 in 2008, and S12 in 2020
- The Fairly Oddparents ended in S8
- The Good Dinosaur was released in 2014, Finding Dory in 2015, Toy Story 4 in 2016, and Incredibles 2 in 2019
- KK and TPSS did not exist and therefore S14 would already be on the air.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
My alternate universe:

-SpongeBob SquarePants ended at an earlier time instead of being dragged out

-Nickelodeon still produces good-quality shows

-I am married to an AMAZING husband and we have children

-I had a lavish wedding ceremony and wore a beautiful fancy wedding dress

-My dad, my uncle, Mindy, and Stephen Hillenburg would all still be alive

-My mom wouldn't have had a stroke

-I would have went to Disneyland earlier in life

-Nintendo would still have the Wii Channels (News Channel, Forecast Channel, Wii Shop Channel, Check Mii Out Channel, Everybody Votes Channel, etc)

I will add more later

Last edited:
Back