Young Boy SquarePants

Patron3000

Whud up? - 14 year old me
Um, SpongeBob was only 13 when the show began. If he was born on July 14, 1986 and the show began in July 1999, then that only makes him thirteen. Can this be right?

DJ Sponge

Future Miss Universe
It's just a cartoon, though. We weren't supposed to notice that.

SpongeAngl

SpongeMario! :P
I noticed that same thing.
not only boat-driving,but also getting a job(I guess mr.Krabs needed the money),living in own house,all that.
and have you noticed the longer the show lasted(with more episodes),the more childish SpongeBob got?

like in the movie,he was estimated eighteen years old,and he "worshiped" a dancing peanut!
nothing like that appeared until the movie!

SpOnGeFaN818

Wumbologist
Maybe he was practicing the rules of the road. I know it's not likely, but who knows?

Patron3000

I noticed that same thing.
not only boat-driving,but also getting a job(I guess mr.Krabs needed the money),living in own house,all that.
and have you noticed the longer the show lasted(with more episodes),the more childish SpongeBob got?

like in the movie,he was estimated eighteen years old,and he "worshiped" a dancing peanut!
nothing like that appeared until the movie!
They did make SpongeBob like extra-childish in the movie. He isn't like that in a ton of episodes.

Patron3000

SpongeBob acts more grown up in the first season, than the rest of the seasons.
Yeah, he becomes more childish as the show goes on, with the exception of the movie, where he is as childish as he will ever get. Well, he gets pretty childish in "Grandma's Kisses".

SpongeChamp

Moby Dollar
the most logical answer is:
in 1999 they were unconcerned about spongebob's age.

and when season 3 came out, they planned a logical birthday date

Arkei

Porous Freak
He's supposed to be ageless. All those things that show his age, they're just for show. He doesn't even have an age, he's one of those cartoons where they don't have an age, and they don't age.

Patron3000

He's supposed to be ageless. All those things that show his age, they're just for show. He doesn't even have an age, he's one of those cartoons where they don't have an age, and they don't age.
I know, I just thought I would point this out because it seemed strange to me.

Back