You Wanna Know What Makes Me Mad More Then Anything Else?

Spider-man

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Personally, I think Spongebob is not really like it used to be. The first 3 seasons easily top all of post movie Spongebob. But post movie has some truly fantastic episodes, just like other shows that have declined in quality such as Fairly Odd Parents or Family Guy. At least, that's my opinion.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Spider-man said:
Personally, I think Spongebob is not really like it used to be. The first 3 seasons easily top all of post movie Spongebob. But post movie has some truly fantastic episodes, just like other shows that have declined in quality such as Fairly Odd Parents or Family Guy. At least, that's my opinion.
I totally agree with you, I think that's a fair assessment.

Look, I'm not a big fan of the show at this point (I'll probably be bigger on it when new episodes start airing again). But, to be a fan, you just have to enjoy the show. That's it. Pointing others that like different aspects of the show out since one aspect might be better is just stupid, and doesn't even accomplish anything, just comes off as bragging and annoying.

Bl4zeTMG said:
You're only a true fan if you actually watch the freaking show. Mainly all of seasons 1 through 3 of course.
That statement was practically just rewording what TSG said as an example of what annoys him (and me too).

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
That's another thing to add. Some post movie haters don't even give season 4+ a chance. They just downright call it "Stupid" and "Not what it used to be". I mean, it would be fine if you actually SAW the episodes and don't like them, but some post movie haters don't even give the new episodes a chance. :bullshrimp:
This.... and I believe those who don't give it a chance just cite the most infamous episodes as "examples" of why they don't like that. Like One Course Meal, Pet Sitter Pat, The Splinter, Pets or Pests, A Pal For Gary etc
It's fine if the people have genuine reasons to hate them, but it bugs me when people complain about the same episodes just because everyone else brings them up

On topic though, anybody who just enjoys SpongeBob, whether they like all episodes, only like pre-movie, or like and hate episodes regardless of the seasons, they're all "true" fans of the show

Wumbo

Part Computer or Something
Agreed! Personally, I don't think there's any argument that the first three seasons can't be topped, but that doesn't mean everything else should be completely ignored!

OWM

XD
The definition of true fan of SpongeBob only depends on people's opinions on what the definition of true fan of SpongeBob is. And that's just my definition.

Back