You Request, and I give a detailed review on it! (REVIVED)

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Yes, I have decided to do this again. All you have to do is request a certain episode, and I'll give a review on it. But this one's a little different. Rather than just getting to the point right then and there, I'm going to give a full, detailed critique on it, and give you my full opinion on it. Just so you know, this is most likely going to be done once a week. And maybe if I get lucky, I'll have the time to post a full review on a weekday. :)

In case you're wondering, this is how I rate episodes:

0-negative 5/10 One of my ten least favorite episodes

0/10 Get this abomination away from me and set it on fire.

1/10 awful or horrible

2/10 abysmal or REALLY bad

3/10 bad

3.5/10 bad, but not without a few good moments

4/10 mediocre, but watchable

5/10 meh or simply average

6/10 okay

7 or 7.5/10 decent

8/10 good

8.5/10 great

9/10 wonderful/excellent, but not without one or two flaws

10/10 exceptional, and whatever flaws it has are easy to forgive

11-15/10 One of my Top 10 favorites

That's how I rate episodes.

Also, like last time, I have a few rules I'd like to make:

#1. No shorts: Season 5 shorts like Waiting, Pat No Pay (and even Season 1's Reef Blower) are fine, but shorts themselves (like Back To The Past shorts) aren't allowed. One, because if I've never seen a short, if I try to find one, it would be impossible. Two, mainly because they aren't episodes.

#2. No movies: The reason I say this is because the movies are released to the theaters, not television, therefor they will not be subject for reviewing. TV movies such as Truth or Square are acceptable, though.

#3. Specials are acceptable: This one's pretty self-explanatory.

#3. You CANNOT request episodes I've already done a full review on: That includes episodes I've done in ANY of my countdowns, even the current Fan Edition (if I reviewed the episodes so far). The only episodes you're allowed to vote for are episodes from my Top 10 Darkest Spongebob Episodes, as well as my Seasons 6-7 comparison.

#4. You can request episodes I've done in my original 'You Request, I Review' topic: You are allowed to do that, as long as that particular episode hasn't appeared in any of my countdowns (other than the exceptions above).

So go ahead. Request an episode, and I'll watch and give a full critique on it! :)

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Oh, I forgot!

#5 You can request episodes I've reviewed in my Top 20 Best Episodes, as well as both Editions of my Bottom Classic Spongebob Episodes: The ONLY reason I say this is because at the time, I kinda cheated by giving you people 70% of the transcript for my reviews, so this time, if you request an episode, I'll review them in an essay-like form.

DiabolicalGenius said:
Just One Bite?
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=5bdrZAKJC1gwTIYWmZ%2FOGHEaFYM9H2Ul8T3KU6XGycM%3D

Here we have one of the more popular Season 3 episodes. You know how people who haven’t tried something immediately go with the idea that it’s terrible, but once they finally try it they actually like it? Well, that particular theme is being used in this episode, for a particular character. Case in point, Squidward.

It opens up with Squidward at the Krusty Krab, expressing a lot of disgust for Krabby Patties, despite the fact that he’s never eaten one before. Spongebob finds out about this, so he makes various (and humorous) attempts at getting Squidward to taste a Patty, all of them ending with Squidward saying no.

Eventually, Squidward finally tastes a Krabby Patty, and just when he looks like he loves it, he coldly remarks how it was a “horrible, putrid, poorly prepared, vile, unappetizing, disgusting excuse for a sandwich it has ever been his displeasure to have slither down his throat”. His words, not mine! And then he literally buries the patty, leaving a sad Spongebob to walk back to the grill. Squidward desperately digs up the patty and eats the remains, when he in fact likes them! He wants to have more, but after already stating that he hates Krabby Patties to SpongeBob, Squidward then forces himself to sneak for one without him knowing. Squidward tries to have another Krabby Patty by stating an "order" to SpongeBob, but since that “customer” isn’t there, Spongebob eats it himself.

Squidward then notices a half-eaten Krabby Patty on a trash can. Taking this as an opportunity, he goes to the trash can and munches the garbage… but not the patty itself. He spits out the garbage and tries to go for the Patty, but Spongebob sees it, takes it to the crematorium and sadly burns it, thus ruining Squidward’s chance to eat it.

That night, Squidward has a dream where he marries a GIGANTIC Krabby Patty, has kids with it (I don’t want to know), and dies with it. He finally wakes up, and upon realizing that he has to have more, he sneaks all the way to the Krusty Krab. By this point, it’s pretty obvious that he’s in love with Krabby Patties, similar to how Spongebob was in love with one in 2007!

200_s.gif

…except not as creepy.

Anyways, in the normal version of the episode, Squidward would find the door to the Krusty Krab, enter, go into the kitchen, and find the patty vault. But there’s a certain scene that has been cut in the USA for being a little too violent…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu_50_K5JkI

Yep. Squidward gets set on fire TWICE due to a booby trap! I found that to be pretty clever.

So Squidward finds the Patty Vault, and it appears to be FULL of Krabby Patties! He’s about to go in, when Spongebob catches him. Spongebob is confused as to why Squidward is up so early, sneaking into the vault, but then it hits him.

[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: You like Krabby Patties, don't you, Squidward? [Squidward begins to sweat then slams the door on SpongeBob] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Squidward: Yes! Yes! I admit it, SpongeBob! I love Krabby Patties![/SIZE]

Spongebob states how he knew this all along while Squidward starts gobbling all the Patties in the vault, and I do mean ALL. And while he’s basically emptying the vault, Spongebob gets concerned and warns him NOT to eat too many patties.

[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] quidward: What's gonna happen? Am I gonna blow up? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: No, worse, it'll go right to your thighs! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Squidward: My thighs? [pan down showing Squidward's enlarged thighs, Squidward looks at thighs] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: ...and then you'll blow up![/SIZE]

And so, Squidward does blow up, and he miraculously survives!

…as a head (in the ambulance) with the rest of his body in a bucket.

I found this to be a classic episode. The jokes were enough to keep me chuckling, and I liked how Squidward eventually admitted to loving Krabby Patties so much! That kind of thing is what a lot of people go through in real life, and I’m not 100% positive, but I’m pretty sure I went through that experience at least once.

Also, I love the deleted scene. Sure, it has a little Squid Abuse, but I found it to be a pretty clever trap, as well as a hilarious scene. I wish it came back on the air, especially considering some of the seasons in Season 6…

All in all, a hilarious, relatable, and clever that would surely make my Top 50, if not Top 30. :)

Final Rating: 10/10

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Can you post a list of all of the episodes you reviewed, so that we'll know what to avoid?

Also, Overbooked (one of the most undermentioned SB episodes, in my opinion).

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Ohad said:
Can you post a list of all of the episodes you reviewed, so that we'll know what to avoid?
Alright, here are the lists with episodes you're not allowed to choose.

NEW Top 20 WORST Spongebob Episodes (SBMania)

20. Fungus Among Us

19. All That Glitters

18. Night Light

17. Born Again Krabs

16. Little Yellow Book

15. Choir Boys

14. Dumped

13. Shuffleboarding

12. Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy

11. Summer Job

10. Tentacle-Vision

9. Restraining Spongebob

8. Yours, Mine and Mine

7. The Card

6. Stuck In The Wringer

5. Plankton's Regular

4. I'm With Stupid

3. Smooth Jazz In Bikini Bottom

2. Gone

1. A Pal For Gary AND One Coarse Meal tied

Last Fan Edition of The Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes:

20. Spongehenge

19. The Main Drain

18. Funny Pants

17. Banned In Bikini Bottom

16. Shuffleboarding

15. Fungus Among Us

14. Waiting

13. The Splinter

12. To Love A Patty

11. Good Neighbors

10. The Clash of Triton

9. Dear Vikings

8. Gone

7. All That Glitters

6. Best Day Ever

5. Karate Island

4. Tie between Boating Buddies and One Coarse Meal

3. A Pal For Gary

2. Pet or Pests

1. Atlantis Squarepantis

Current Fan Edition:

Best list: N/A

Worst List:

25. Porous Pockets

24. The Slumber Party AND For Here or To Go?

23. I Was A Teenage Gary

22. BlackJack

21. Truth or Square

20. Blackened Sponge

19. The Sponge Who Could Fly

18. Sentimental Spongebob

17. Ghost Host

16. To Squarepants Or Not To Squarepants

15. House Fancy

14. The Thing AND The Original Frycook

13. Slide Whistle Stooges

12. Grooming Gary

11. Good Ol' WhatsHisName

10. Pineapple Fever

9. The Krusty Sponge

8. Professor Squidward

7. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful

6. The Clash of Triton

5. Big Sister Sam, Spongebob You're Fired, Sponge-cano!

4. Trenchbillies

3. To Love A Patty

2. Are You Happy Now?

1. Squid's Visit

---------------------------------

Any other episodes on my other lists are okay, though. Though, I have an ORIGINAL bottom 20, where you can't choose the episodes I've reviewed in my NEW Bottom 20, but the ones you're allowed to choose are marked with an X.

Original Bottom 20:

20. Dear Vikings X

19. Squid Wood X

18. Penny Foolish X

17. Yours, Mine and Mine

16. The Main Drain X

15. I'm With Stupid

14. A Day Without Tears X

13. Cephalopod Lodge X

12. Choir Boys

11. The Splinter X

10. Gullible Pants X

9. The Cent of Money X

8. Nautical Novice X

7. Demolition Doofus X

6. Gone

5. Plankton's Regular

4. Stuck In The Wringer

3. Little Yellow Book

2. One Coarse Meal

1. A Pal For Gary

All other episodes (as well as the ones marked with an X) in the series are acceptable, though.

More

VIP
Could you please review these?

Krab Borg, the Krusty Krab Training Video, and Wishing you Well.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Okay, just so everyone will know, these are the episodes I'm going to review in order (when I review them):

Picture Day (I'll do the shorts first)

Plankton's Army

Sandy's Rocket

It Came from Goo Lagoon

Squidville

Hall Moniter

Krab-borg

Wishing You Well

Krusty Krab Training Video

SpongyDevotee said:
Picture Day, please! :)
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=BWuScOUQCc7CO3iblOmApPZr6f4c3GDvOIbSuvQY%2Bkc%3D

This was one of the shorts that appeared in Season 5, and boy was it one of the more forgettable ones.

SpongeBob wakes up on the morning of the Boating School Picture Day, all excited. Once he gets dressed and cleaned, he goes outside, only for a sticky leaf to land on his shirt. Because of this, Spongebob goes back inside and cleans and dresses himself all over again. And for the majority of the episode, Spongebob constantly gets dirty, and he tries to protect himself from the filth. And that’s it for 2/3s of the episode.

Spongebob showers himself for the millionth time, when Patrick comes in and licks up a jar of jelly he brought. This gives Spongebob an idea; to stick himself inside the jar so he won’t become dirty! This works, and Patrick brings him to Boating School, but then Patrick thinks he IS jelly and takes him over to the table, where he’s about to eat a peanut butter taco. And then he dumps Spongebob into it, and then tells him to get out. I’m not joking. I realize Patrick is stupid, but come on! Spongebob starts to cry because he’s all filthy again, and then Mrs. Puff comes outside and brings him in to have his picture taken. To stop his crying, the photographer washes him off with a hose and puts him in a really tight dress, and then he puts some huge dentures into his mouth to make him smile, before taking the picture. And the episode ends with Spongebob at his house, looking at the yearbook and complimenting his picture.

Ehh… I don’t really have that much to say about this one. It’s not really funny, it’s actually kind of boring. And it feels like a Spongebob torture fest. Though, I’ll admit, it’s not as bad as episodes like Stuck In The Wringer or I’m With Stupid. Overall, this episode is just plain okay. Not really good, but not too bad of an episode.

Final Rating: 6/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=13.5pt]After SpongyDevotee commented on my review of "Picture Day", I decided to watch it again, and now, I actually find it better than I did before! While I don't necessarily take back what I said about how I was annoyed with Spongebob constantly getting dirty over and over, I admit I was a little too harsh on it. I actually called this episode unfunny? Man, I was cynical that day. -_- This episode is actually pretty funny! The ending was actually a good one, and the episode actually got me chuckling quite a bit. Also, Patrick's stupidity actually made me laugh, unlike last time. Yeah, I must've been in a bad mood the day I reviewed it. I don't know why I disliked it. Now, I find the episode to be pretty great and quite funny! :)[/SIZE]

NEW Final Rating: 9/10 (much better than I once thought; one of the best episodes of the season!)

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
GordokTheMad said:
Okay, just so everyone will know, these are the episodes I'm going to review in order (when I review them):

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=BWuScOUQCc7CO3iblOmApPZr6f4c3GDvOIbSuvQY%2Bkc%3D

This was one of the shorts that appeared in Season 5, and boy was it one of the more forgettable ones.

SpongeBob wakes up on the morning of the Boating School Picture Day, all excited. Once he gets dressed and cleaned, he goes outside, only for a sticky leaf to land on his shirt. Because of this, Spongebob goes back inside and cleans and dresses himself all over again. And for the majority of the episode, Spongebob constantly gets dirty, and he tries to protect himself from the filth. And that’s it for 2/3s of the episode.

Spongebob showers himself for the millionth time, when Patrick comes in and licks up a jar of jelly he brought. This gives Spongebob an idea; to stick himself inside the jar so he won’t become dirty! This works, and Patrick brings him to Boating School, but then Patrick thinks he IS jelly and takes him over to the table, where he’s about to eat a peanut butter taco. And then he dumps Spongebob into it, and then tells him to get out. I’m not joking. I realize Patrick is stupid, but come on! Spongebob starts to cry because he’s all filthy again, and then Mrs. Puff comes outside and brings him in to have his picture taken. To stop his crying, the photographer washes him off with a hose and puts him in a really tight dress, and then he puts some huge dentures into his mouth to make him smile, before taking the picture. And the episode ends with Spongebob at his house, looking at the yearbook and complimenting his picture.

Ehh… I don’t really have that much to say about this one. It’s not really funny, it’s actually kind of boring. And it feels like a Spongebob torture fest. Though, I’ll admit, it’s not as bad as episodes like Stuck In The Wringer or I’m With Stupid. Overall, this episode is just plain okay. Not really good, but not too bad of an episode.

Well, I'm very disappointed with your review. I love this episode, but all I saw was you trashing the episode. I know it's "your opinion" and all, but there are many things wrong with your review.

First of all, I don't see why you called it "forgettable", because I honestly believe it's way better than any of the other Season 5 shorts.

And I didn't like how you said that “for the majority of the episode, Spongebob constantly gets dirty, and he tries to protect himself from the filth. And that’s it for 2/3s of the episode." That is true, but that's not a bad thing at all. The different ways he got dirty were actually pretty hilarious and creative and ect. And ironic too. I enjoyed the different ways he got dirty and the different ways he tried protecting himself, which backfired in really hilarious ways.

I also didn't like how you said that ‘Spongebob showers himself for the millionth time” in a negative tone, because they only showed him getting ready again in a few seconds each time. It also kind of reminds me of “Missing Identity” when Spongebob repeatedly tries to get ready, but of course you probably don’t rant about that, only because it’s a “pre-movie episode”. I actually really thought that those scenes of Spongebob getting ready were very creative, almost like he was drawing himself, lol.

Also, I thought that whole Patrick and the jar scene was really funny. Why are you questioning Patrick’s stupidity? The writers can make Patrick as stupid as they want, just as they did in the pre-movie episodes. He forgot that SpongeBob was in the jar because he’s stupid, and obviously since he saw something in his jelly jar, he thought it was jelly, because he’s stupid. You do realize that Patrick is SUPPOSED to be stupid, so why are you questioning his stupidity? Come on!

I also liked the scene with the photographer too, really funny, and I liked how awkward SpongeBob looked to make him look like a “winner”. And the ending was “a happy ending” as SpongeBob ended up liking his picture as everyone else looked like him, and he wasn’t an “outcast”. And fun fact: That yearbook shown is actually Stephen Hillenburg’s yearbook, but with everyone’s teeth edited to look like SpongeBob’s “smile” with those dentures, and SpongeBob’s picture is in place of Stephen’s.

Also, I really hated when you said that the episode’s “not really funny, it’s actually kind of boring. And it feels like a Spongebob torture fest.” I thought the episode was really funny and not boring at all. How did you think it was boring, really? I actually watched the episode daily very recently, and even repeatedly in one day, and through all the times I watched it, I was not bored. I was entertained.

And this is not a “SpongeBob torture fest”. SpongeBob was NOT tortured, he was frustrated though. I liked how he kept trying to stay clean and away from the filth, and he wasn’t pissed off about it until the very end when he finally makes it happily, but Patrick ruins everything. Patrick is stupid, so I can excuse him from that.

Let me ask you something, was SpongeBob unlikable, annoying, or creepy at all in this episode? No, not at all. I thought that he was very likable in the episode, and the "audience" (us) are supposed to be "on his side". The writers actually got SpongeBob's pre-movie personality right this time, compared to some other post-movie episodes, like Boating Buddies (I hate than episode).

The episode also had really good animation and SpongeBob looked great, pretty much how he looked in season 2 and 3. The episode had some really good background music too, such as how the title card music is the same as Tea at the Treedome's, and there was some pre-movie music in there too, such as when SpongeBob's getting ready and clean. I also liked the track, City Heat, that was used when SpongeBob is in his Spongegloss in the streets, trying to get to Boating School, and the Spongegloss reflects the sun's rays and causes chaos.

This episode really did not deserve a D. I'm glad you said that it's an okay episode, rather than a bad episode, and I really believe that it's way better than many other post-movie episodes and some pre-movie too. I overall think that it's a very good episode. There's nothing bad about it. It's funny. It's not boring. It's not just "okay". And it's a really great, entertaining, and funny episode.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
GordokTheMad said:

Plankton's Army

Sandy's Rocket

It Came from Goo Lagoon

Hall Moniter

Krab-borg

Wishing You Well

Krusty Krab Training Video

That was a great review. And I cant wait until you review my favorite episode!

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SpongyDevotee said:
Well, I'm very disappointed with your review. I love this episode, but all I saw was you trashing the episode. I know it's "your opinion" and all, but there are many things wrong with your review.

First of all, I don't see why you called it "forgettable", because I honestly believe it's way better than any of the other Season 5 shorts.

And I didn't like how you said that “for the majority of the episode, Spongebob constantly gets dirty, and he tries to protect himself from the filth. And that’s it for 2/3s of the episode." That is true, but that's not a bad thing at all. The different ways he got dirty were actually pretty hilarious and creative and ect. And ironic too. I enjoyed the different ways he got dirty and the different ways he tried protecting himself, which backfired in really hilarious ways.

I also didn't like how you said that ‘Spongebob showers himself for the millionth time” in a negative tone, because they only showed him getting ready again in a few seconds each time. It also kind of reminds me of “Missing Identity” when Spongebob repeatedly tries to get ready, but of course you probably don’t rant about that, only because it’s a “pre-movie episode”. I actually really thought that those scenes of Spongebob getting ready were very creative, almost like he was drawing himself, lol.

Also, I thought that whole Patrick and the jar scene was really funny. Why are you questioning Patrick’s stupidity? The writers can make Patrick as stupid as they want, just as they did in the pre-movie episodes. He forgot that SpongeBob was in the jar because he’s stupid, and obviously since he saw something in his jelly jar, he thought it was jelly, because he’s stupid. You do realize that Patrick is SUPPOSED to be stupid, so why are you questioning his stupidity? Come on!

I also liked the scene with the photographer too, really funny, and I liked how awkward SpongeBob looked to make him look like a “winner”. And the ending was “a happy ending” as SpongeBob ended up liking his picture as everyone else looked like him, and he wasn’t an “outcast”. And fun fact: That yearbook shown is actually Stephen Hillenburg’s yearbook, but with everyone’s teeth edited to look like SpongeBob’s “smile” with those dentures, and SpongeBob’s picture is in place of Stephen’s.

Also, I really hated when you said that the episode’s “not really funny, it’s actually kind of boring. And it feels like a Spongebob torture fest.” I thought the episode was really funny and not boring at all. How did you think it was boring, really? I actually watched the episode daily very recently, and even repeatedly in one day, and through all the times I watched it, I was not bored. I was entertained.

And this is not a “SpongeBob torture fest”. SpongeBob was NOT tortured, he was frustrated though. I liked how he kept trying to stay clean and away from the filth, and he wasn’t pissed off about it until the very end when he finally makes it happily, but Patrick ruins everything. Patrick is stupid, so I can excuse him from that.

Let me ask you something, was SpongeBob unlikable, annoying, or creepy at all in this episode? No, not at all. I thought that he was very likable in the episode, and the "audience" (us) are supposed to be "on his side". The writers actually got SpongeBob's pre-movie personality right this time, compared to some other post-movie episodes, like Boating Buddies (I hate than episode).

The episode also had really good animation and SpongeBob looked great, pretty much how he looked in season 2 and 3. The episode had some really good background music too, such as how the title card music is the same as Tea at the Treedome's, and there was some pre-movie music in there too, such as when SpongeBob's getting ready and clean. I also liked the track, City Heat, that was used when SpongeBob is in his Spongegloss in the streets, trying to get to Boating School, and the Spongegloss reflects the sun's rays and causes chaos.

This episode really did not deserve a D. I'm glad you said that it's an okay episode, rather than a bad episode, and I really believe that it's way better than many other post-movie episodes and some pre-movie too. I overall think that it's a very good episode. There's nothing bad about it. It's funny. It's not boring. It's not just "okay". And it's a really great, entertaining, and funny episode.
Well, I wasn't trying to say it in a negative tone. I wasn't trying to call out on that scene like it was a bad thing. I was just exaggerating there. I'm more or less neutral towards that scene. Plus, I haven't even seen Missing Identity in a while. I remember the premise of that episode, but I didn't remember the details. (though, him drawing himself was rather interesting)

Well, true. I'm exactly as annoyed by Patrick's stupidity, as I am annoyed by the fact that Spongebob gets dirty yet again!

The reason I called it a torture fest was because things keep going wrong for Spongebob whenever he tries to go to school clean. Also, I felt bad for Spongebob while he was crying with that green suit on. At least it ended well for him, as supposed to episodes like SITW or Gone...

Well, I probably was a little too harsh on this episode. Like I said, I think it's just okay. If you like it, that's fine. If you think it's hilarious, that's fine too! :) This episode just didn't get me to laugh, really. I never really found it all that hilarious. =/ It just felt kind of boring, honestly. Though, I'll admit, I did actually laugh at the garbage truck scene. xD

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=zBbjIqwxb%2FWtIMQoMEtJ%2Fo1F1CAHxUNamjMY8aqvSSA%3D

Here, we have one of the more overlooked Season 3 episodes. When people talk about favorites from Season 3, I don’t usually hear this episode being mentioned.

So, what happens? Well, after another failed attempt at stealing a Krabby Patty formula, Karen suggests to him that he get a few henchmen to help him. So then, he decides to go to what I assume is the Salty Spitoon and try and get a bunch of big tough guys to be his allies. But unfortunately, it only ends with him getting beaten up.

· Plankton: I don't get it. No matter what I do, I always end up being squashed by someone bigger than me.
· Karen: Oh, come on. I think you're overreacting. [as Karen talks, a robotic hand comes out of a panel and pats Plankton, then squishes him] Sorry.
· Plankton: That's okay. I'm no different than the millions of other Plankton in the sea. [while Plankton talks, he "assembles" himself together, sticking his eye on, putting his arm in the socket, and matching his legs which are labeled "left leg" and "right leg" in their appropriate sockets] The Plankton family has always been pushed around and stepped on.

Then, he gets an idea! Realizing that he has thousands of relatives, he decides to invite them all to join him, thinking they will be evil geniuses like him. But when they arrive, they turn out to be rednecks instead!

He calls them to a meeting and gets them to agree to his plan in exchange for root beer. And here’s a scene that had me busting a gut. One of the relatives, Clem, sees Karen and says “Gosh, she sure is pretty, Sheldon”. And Karen starts laughing at this, and while Plankton’s not looking, she constantly puts down a computer screen with the word Sheldon on it, which makes everyone laugh. Plankton eventually finds out about this and he unplugs Karen, of course.

So once he has a meeting with relatives, they all agree to attack the Krusty Krab and break into the vault. So they carry out their plan, and Plankton actually gets the formula! You know, this is one the reasons I love this episode. Plankton’s plan here is quite unique, and he manages to win, almost! Plankton is about to read the formula, and Mr. Krabs (who’s stuck in a toilet apparently) pleads him not to read it. But of course, Plankton doesn’t listen, so he reads the formula anyway:

· Plankton: I don't care. Drum roll please! [Plankton's twin brother rolls himself a snare drum roll on the snare drum as Plankton runs to Mr. Krabs' office, where a book labeled "Recipe for a Krabby Patty" sits on Mr. Krabs' desk and cymbal crash is heard] Finally, after all these years, I'm about to find out what makes a Krabby Patty taste so good. [opens book] The secret recipe for one Krabby Patty is... a pinch of salt...!
· Mr. Krabs: Plankton! Wait!
· Plankton: [turns page] ...Three teaspoons of chopped onions...!
· Mr. Krabs: I'm warning ya...!
· Plankton: [turns page] ...A cup of love...!
· Mr. Krabs: Don't do it!
· Plankton: ...mixed together with the most important ingredient of all... four heaping pounds of freshly ground...! [turns page] ...Plankton?!? [Plankton stares wide eyed at the formula and looks at Mr. Krabs]
· Mr. Krabs: I warned ya.
· Plankton: [running all the way back to the Chum Bucket: AAAAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The other Plankton see this and run away in fear, but since Clem can’t read, Krabs tells him to get out anyway. Squidward and Spongebob come in, and Squidward asks if that’s the real formula for making a Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs says that it’s fake, and the real formula is stuffed inside a place where no one, and I mean NO ONE can suspect, and Squidward guesses that it’s under Krabs’ mattress, to which Krabs quickly runs back to his house yelling “CUUUUURSE YOU SQUIIIIDWAAAAAAAAARD!!”.

This is actually one of my new favorite episodes of the series! I thought Plankton’s plan was really unique, and I found it rather intense how he almost won! And I actually laughed when Plankton ran away screaming after seeing that one of the ingredients for making a Krabby Patty was Plankton. That’s definitely one of the funniest scenes of the show! Definitely my favorite episode of the season, as well as one of my favorites overall. It’s kinda sad to see that a lot of people don’t talk about it as much as something like Chocolate With Nuts or Idiot Box. :(

[SIZE=24pt]Final Rating: 10/10 (My 15th favorite episode)[/SIZE]

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=zBbjIqwxb%2FWtIMQoMEtJ%2Fo1F1CAHxUNamjMY8aqvSSA%3D

Here, we have one of the more overlooked Season 3 episodes. When people talk about favorites from Season 3, I don’t usually hear this episode being mentioned.

So, what happens? Well, after another failed attempt at stealing a Krabby Patty formula, Karen suggests to him that he get a few henchmen to help him. So then, he decides to go to what I assume is the Salty Spitoon and try and get a bunch of big tough guys to be his allies. But unfortunately, it only ends with him getting beaten up.

· Plankton: I don't get it. No matter what I do, I always end up being squashed by someone bigger than me.
· Karen: Oh, come on. I think you're overreacting. [as Karen talks, a robotic hand comes out of a panel and pats Plankton, then squishes him] Sorry.
· Plankton: That's okay. I'm no different than the millions of other Plankton in the sea. [while Plankton talks, he "assembles" himself together, sticking his eye on, putting his arm in the socket, and matching his legs which are labeled "left leg" and "right leg" in their appropriate sockets] The Plankton family has always been pushed around and stepped on.

Then, he gets an idea! Realizing that he has thousands of relatives, he decides to invite them all to join him, thinking they will be evil geniuses like him. But when they arrive, they turn out to be rednecks instead!

He calls them to a meeting and gets them to agree to his plan in exchange for root beer. And here’s a scene that had me busting a gut. One of the relatives, Clem, sees Karen and says “Gosh, she sure is pretty, Sheldon”. And Karen starts laughing at this, and while Plankton’s not looking, she constantly puts down a computer screen with the word Sheldon on it, which makes everyone laugh. Plankton eventually finds out about this and he unplugs Karen, of course.

So once he has a meeting with relatives, they all agree to attack the Krusty Krab and break into the vault. So they carry out their plan, and Plankton actually gets the formula! You know, this is one the reasons I love this episode. Plankton’s plan here is quite unique, and he manages to win, almost! Plankton is about to read the formula, and Mr. Krabs (who’s stuck in a toilet apparently) pleads him not to read it. But of course, Plankton doesn’t listen, so he reads the formula anyway:

· Plankton: I don't care. Drum roll please! [Plankton's twin brother rolls himself a snare drum roll on the snare drum as Plankton runs to Mr. Krabs' office, where a book labeled "Recipe for a Krabby Patty" sits on Mr. Krabs' desk and cymbal crash is heard] Finally, after all these years, I'm about to find out what makes a Krabby Patty taste so good. [opens book] The secret recipe for one Krabby Patty is... a pinch of salt...!
· Mr. Krabs: Plankton! Wait!
· Plankton: [turns page] ...Three teaspoons of chopped onions...!
· Mr. Krabs: I'm warning ya...!
· Plankton: [turns page] ...A cup of love...!
· Mr. Krabs: Don't do it!
· Plankton: ...mixed together with the most important ingredient of all... four heaping pounds of freshly ground...! [turns page] ...Plankton?!? [Plankton stares wide eyed at the formula and looks at Mr. Krabs]
· Mr. Krabs: I warned ya.
· Plankton: [running all the way back to the Chum Bucket: AAAAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The other Plankton see this and run away in fear, but since Clem can’t read, Krabs tells him to get out anyway. Squidward and Spongebob come in, and Squidward asks if that’s the real formula for making a Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs says that it’s fake, and the real formula is stuffed inside a place where no one, and I mean NO ONE can suspect, and Squidward guesses that it’s under Krabs’ mattress, to which Krabs quickly runs back to his house yelling “CUUUUURSE YOU SQUIIIIDWAAAAAAAAARD!!”.

This is actually one of my new favorite episodes of the series! I thought Plankton’s plan was really unique, and I found it rather intense how he almost won! And I actually laughed when Plankton ran away screaming after seeing that one of the ingredients for making a Krabby Patty was Plankton. That’s definitely one of the funniest scenes of the show! Definitely my favorite episode of the season, as well as one of my favorites overall. It’s kinda sad to see that a lot of people don’t talk about it as much as something like Chocolate With Nuts or Idiot Box. :(

Final Rating: 10/10 (My 15th favorite episode)

Great review. Plankton's Army is on my top 20 as well.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=TQC4IAI7NbPdj25D3jj5A1l34LOuPzkwDF4YroBVFAY%3D

Well if it isn’t the predecessor to Mooncation, both episodes with a similar premise, but with a different plot.

In this episode, Spongebob goes to Sandy’s treedome and finds that Sandy is activating her new rocket ship, and she built it so that she can go to the moon! A lot of people seem to hate post-movie Sandy because she “suddenly” became a scientist, but LOOK AT THIS EPISODE! SHE BUILT A ROCKET SHIP SO THAT SHE CAN GO TO THE MOON AND HARVEST MOON ROCKS FOR SCIENCE! ALSO, IF SHE WASN’T A SCIENTIST BEFORE THE MOVIE WHEN SHE HAS A TREEDOME UNDER THE SEA, AS WELL AS AN UNDERWATER SUIT????

Okay, rant over.

Spongebob begs Sandy to take him with her, but she doesn’t want him to come and mess things up. But eventually, he ultimately convinces her to let him come, and then he starts getting excited about how they’re going to find and hunt aliens. But since there are no aliens on the moon, Sandy tells him not to get too focused on “alien hunting”.

That night, Spongebob is excited to go to the moon, when Patrick comes along. Since he knows about Spongebob’s plan to go to the moon with Sandy, Patrick gives Spongebob some “alien repellant” so that they can both spray it onto the windows of her rocket. Spongebob is initially reluctant, but he agrees, as long as they don’t get inside. But of course, when they get there, Patrick opens the door anyways and they both go inside, with Spongebob trying to get him out. But then, he actually starts to enjoy the rocket, so he starts playing in it as well. After playing with the ship's various features, SpongeBob accidentally starts up the rocket, which loops over and over the moon before landing back in Bikini Bottom.

Spongebob and Patrick see this, but they think that they’re on the moon. They first see Gary, but rather than thinking that they may have screwed up (which they did), they think that the aliens are projecting their memories onto the environment to trick them. So, they use a net gun to capture Gary the “alien snail”, and then they put him in the cargo. They do the same thing to Squidward, then to Mr. Krabs. And then it gets out of hand when they capture everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in Bikini Bottom! Sandy arrives and she finds out about their shenanigans, and rather than realizing what they did, they think she’s an alien as well and capture her. And then, Spongebob and Patrick begin to suspect that they’re aliens as well. Patrick readies his net gun, and just as he’s about to shoot Spongebob… he shoots himself.

So Spongebob goes back into the rocket ship with all the captives, and he lands on the REAL moon. He sees the strange, barren environment, and that’s when he realizes that they weren’t on the moon before, and that he and Patrick were just being ridiculous and naïve.

Well, I saw this episode, and I gotta say, I’m a little disappointed. :( For one thing, I thought that Spongebob and Sandy were actually going to go to the moon and have an adventure, but they never even went to the moon until the very end. Two, I thought it was rather dumb for Spongebob and Patrick to capture everyone in Bikini Bottom (including Sandy) because they were supposedly “aliens” projecting their memories to trick them. It felt a bit like Shuffleboarding, and since I despise that episode, this is not a good thing. Thankfully, it’s a heck of a lot better than Shuffleboarding! In fact, this episode isn’t bad at all! I thought the episode was pretty fun until Spongebob and Patrick started capturing everyone. I love the part where the rocket is in space and the duo start floating around, playing with objects. And the visuals of the rocket’s interior were pretty (ooooh, pretty liiiiights)! Also, I thought this episode was very funny, what with the “twins” joke, as well as the ending. I still do think Mooncation is much better, though.

Overall, while this episode was a bit disappointing, I still found it to be decent. While Spongebob and Patrick capturing everyone was stupid, I thought the rest of the episode was funny, and the first half was pretty fun to watch. I liked it. :)

[SIZE=24pt]Final Rating: 7.5/10 (decent)[/SIZE]

It’s much better than its partner, at least.

Back