You Request, and I give a detailed review on it! (REVIVED)

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
GordokTheMad said:
Well, I wasn't trying to say it in a negative tone. I wasn't trying to call out on that scene like it was a bad thing. I was just exaggerating there. I'm more or less neutral towards that scene. Plus, I haven't even seen Missing Identity in a while. I remember the premise of that episode, but I didn't remember the details. (though, him drawing himself was rather interesting)

Well, true. I'm exactly as annoyed by Patrick's stupidity, as I am annoyed by the fact that Spongebob gets dirty yet again!

The reason I called it a torture fest was because things keep going wrong for Spongebob whenever he tries to go to school clean. Also, I felt bad for Spongebob while he was crying with that green suit on. At least it ended well for him, as supposed to episodes like SITW or Gone...

Well, I probably was a little too harsh on this episode. Like I said, I think it's just okay. If you like it, that's fine. If you think it's hilarious, that's fine too! :) This episode just didn't get me to laugh, really. I never really found it all that hilarious. =/ It just felt kind of boring, honestly. Though, I'll admit, I did actually laugh at the garbage truck scene. xD

GordokTheMad said:
EDIT on 'Picture Day': My feelings have changed for this episode, and for the better, too! :D

GordokTheMad said:
Picture Day

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=BWuScOUQCc7CO3iblOmApPZr6f4c3GDvOIbSuvQY%2Bkc%3D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=13.5pt]After SpongyDevotee commented on my review of "Picture Day", I decided to watch it again, and now, I actually find it better than I did before! While I don't necessarily take back what I said about how I was annoyed with Spongebob constantly getting dirty over and over, I admit I was a little too harsh on it. I actually called this episode unfunny? Man, I was cynical that day. -_- This episode is actually pretty funny! The ending was actually a good one, and the episode actually got me chuckling quite a bit. Also, Patrick's stupidity actually made me laugh, unlike last time. Yeah, I must've been in a bad mood the day I reviewed it. I don't know why I disliked it. Now, I find the episode to be pretty great and quite funny! :)[/SIZE]

NEW Final Rating: 9/10 (much better than I once thought; one of the best episodes of the season!)
Omg, I am so happy that your feelings have changed for the episode, and you now realize that you do love the episode and that you know that it's a very funny and great episode! Thank you so much for re-visiting the episode and seeing it for what it is! I cannot be happier with you and the episode right now! ^^ As you know, I love the episode and it is very dear to me, so seeing this warms my heart so much.

A 9/10 is amazing! Wow! That's how I would probably rate the episode too. :) And I also strongly believe that it is one of Season 5's best.

And it's honestly okay if you don't take back what you said about how it was annoying that SpongeBob kept getting dirty. It was a running gag of the episode, and you could say that the filth and "obstacles" that SpongeBob had to face can serve as the main "antagonists" of the episode.

What you wrote in your new review of the episode is pretty much how I feel about the episode, so I am very happy that you now feel this way about the episode too. :)

Again, thank you, and I'm glad that "Picture Day" got a rating that it truly deserves.

Speaking of that, would you mind changing your rating for the episode on here: http://www.sbmania.n...93a-Picture-Day You rated the episode a 6.0 on there, so you should change it to a 9.0, since that's your new rating of the episode. Thanks. :)

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SB_DW_Fan said:
Can you review Drive Thru too?
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=i7OO7TQPnD8hMc4kDGDilPyePJMccWWrXJHTqrCpJXU%3D

In this episode, Mr. Krabs is trying to fix a hole in the wall, when a dad and his two kids drive by and mistake the hole for a drive-thru. This gives Mr. Krabs an idea; to make a drive-thru! Spongebob brings a bunch of nice equipment for it, but Krabs thinks HIS stuff is better (his stuff include a menu made of napkins, some tin cans on strings for microphones, etc.), because it’s… FREE! You know, Spongebob’s equipment has already been paid for (not to mention that it has higher quality), so there’s no sense in picking some napkins and cans over it. But that’s Mr. Krabs for ya!

And in a Krabby-Land like fashion, rather than solving certain problems when they arise, Krabs stupidly makes more and more holes into the Krusty Krab to add an additional Drive-thru. Soon, there is a huge line through the entire town to go to the drive-thru. The mayor comes and isn't happy about all the cars so, Mr. Krabs solves this problem by breaking a hole for yet ANOTHER drive-thru. SpongeBob and Squidward desperately try to feed all the customers at both sides, which cause more chaos. And finally, after chaos ensues, Mr. Krabs breaks another hole in the wall, causing the Krusty Krab to finally collapse.

I really liked this episode. I honestly think you could compare it to the pre-movie seasons, and I think it would fit well in that era, minus the character designs and voice acting. I like the plot for two reasons. One, it reminds me of Krabby Land, where Krabs has an idea for a new feature, builds it poorly, but gets his comeuppance in the end. Two, I enjoy the simplicity of it. It felt like an episode from Season 1 that takes a simple plot, and builds it into an entertaining story for 11 minutes. The story was simple and nice, and it was quite funny! The only bad things about this episode are the mean prank on Squidward, played by Pearl and her friends (did you really have to MAKE HIS EARDRUM BLEED??), as well as Krabs’ greed. Though, to be fair, I can somewhat forgive the latter, since he IS much like his older self. Plus, the ending with the Krusty Krab collapsing was funny, as well as good comeuppance for Krabs’ own stupidity. ;)

So overall, this was a nice, simplistic episode that does comedy right. And it actually punishes Krabs for what he did, which is good. :)

[SIZE=24pt]Final Rating: 8.5/10 (great)[/SIZE]

Mantis

killer queen best stand
GordokTheMad said:
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=TQC4IAI7NbPdj25D3jj5A1l34LOuPzkwDF4YroBVFAY%3D

Well if it isn’t the predecessor to Mooncation, both episodes with a similar premise, but with a different plot.

In this episode, Spongebob goes to Sandy’s treedome and finds that Sandy is activating her new rocket ship, and she built it so that she can go to the moon! A lot of people seem to hate post-movie Sandy because she “suddenly” became a scientist, but LOOK AT THIS EPISODE! SHE BUILT A ROCKET SHIP SO THAT SHE CAN GO TO THE MOON AND HARVEST MOON ROCKS FOR SCIENCE! ALSO, IF SHE WASN’T A SCIENTIST BEFORE THE MOVIE WHEN SHE HAS A TREEDOME UNDER THE SEA, AS WELL AS AN UNDERWATER SUIT????

Okay, rant over.

Spongebob begs Sandy to take him with her, but she doesn’t want him to come and mess things up. But eventually, he ultimately convinces her to let him come, and then he starts getting excited about how they’re going to find and hunt aliens. But since there are no aliens on the moon, Sandy tells him not to get too focused on “alien hunting”.

That night, Spongebob is excited to go to the moon, when Patrick comes along. Since he knows about Spongebob’s plan to go to the moon with Sandy, Patrick gives Spongebob some “alien repellant” so that they can both spray it onto the windows of her rocket. Spongebob is initially reluctant, but he agrees, as long as they don’t get inside. But of course, when they get there, Patrick opens the door anyways and they both go inside, with Spongebob trying to get him out. But then, he actually starts to enjoy the rocket, so he starts playing in it as well. After playing with the ship's various features, SpongeBob accidentally starts up the rocket, which loops over and over the moon before landing back in Bikini Bottom.

Spongebob and Patrick see this, but they think that they’re on the moon. They first see Gary, but rather than thinking that they may have screwed up (which they did), they think that the aliens are projecting their memories onto the environment to trick them. So, they use a net gun to capture Gary the “alien snail”, and then they put him in the cargo. They do the same thing to Squidward, then to Mr. Krabs. And then it gets out of hand when they capture everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in Bikini Bottom! Sandy arrives and she finds out about their shenanigans, and rather than realizing what they did, they think she’s an alien as well and capture her. And then, Spongebob and Patrick begin to suspect that they’re aliens as well. Patrick readies his net gun, and just as he’s about to shoot Spongebob… he shoots himself.

So Spongebob goes back into the rocket ship with all the captives, and he lands on the REAL moon. He sees the strange, barren environment, and that’s when he realizes that they weren’t on the moon before, and that he and Patrick were just being ridiculous and naïve.

Well, I saw this episode, and I gotta say, I’m a little disappointed. :( For one thing, I thought that Spongebob and Sandy were actually going to go to the moon and have an adventure, but they never even went to the moon until the very end. Two, I thought it was rather dumb for Spongebob and Patrick to capture everyone in Bikini Bottom (including Sandy) because they were supposedly “aliens” projecting their memories to trick them. It felt a bit like Shuffleboarding, and since I despise that episode, this is not a good thing. Thankfully, it’s a heck of a lot better than Shuffleboarding! In fact, this episode isn’t bad at all! I thought the episode was pretty fun until Spongebob and Patrick started capturing everyone. I love the part where the rocket is in space and the duo start floating around, playing with objects. And the visuals of the rocket’s interior were pretty (ooooh, pretty liiiiights)! Also, I thought this episode was very funny, what with the “twins” joke, as well as the ending. I still do think Mooncation is much better, though.

Overall, while this episode was a bit disappointing, I still found it to be decent. While Spongebob and Patrick capturing everyone was stupid, I thought the rest of the episode was funny, and the first half was pretty fun to watch. I liked it. :)

[SIZE=24pt]Final Rating: 7.5/10 (decent)[/SIZE]

It’s much better than its partner, at least.
Thank you for the awesome review. It's my favorite episode, so thank you for the good grade.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Thanks for changing the Picture Day rating on that link I gave you! :)

Anyway, your reviews for Plankton's Army, Sandy's Rocket, and Drive Thru were really good. I agree with all of them. I like all of those episodes, and your ratings were pretty accurate. (I'm also glad that I found someone who likes Drive Thru, because I like it too. It's definitely in the 8-8.5 range to me.)

And if you're accepting any more episodes to review, and I know you're already busy with some other episodes to review and ect, but can you eventually review:

New Digs, The Gift of Gum, and The Pink Purloiner

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
The Lazy Starfish said:
It Came From Goo Lagoon plz?
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=nCfy05QeVl15AV0oMkrNEd2VEgJeT0vb2eIXx%2BmQzus%3D

(Ooh, nice title card)

Well, it wasn’t great, but I can honestly say that this was a step up from Spongebob You’re Fired.

So how does it start? Well, Spongebob and Patrick are playing around in Goo Lagoon when they discover these weird giant, sticky bubbles of goo that can bounce. They decide to bounce on these bubbles, and of course, they cause destruction on the way, even to Squidward! (it’s still funny, though) But Sandy warns them that she examined the bubbles (which were coming out from cracks under the ocean) and found that they are dangerous! But even despite her warnings, Spongebob, Patrick, and even Squidward use the goo for their own fun. And they give some goo bubbles to the other beachgoers.

Meanwhile, after a failed attempt at selling chum (after watching Jailbreak, you’ll NEVER want to try it), Plankton overhears Sandy’s warnings, so he uses a submarine to go underwater and investigate. Karen warns him not to go too deep, but of course, he doesn’t listen to her. He finds a crack in the ocean, and opens it wide, allowing a GIGANTIC bubble to rise! Soon enough, the goo bubble rises above the water and starts flying towards Bikini Bottom. Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy realize that they need to stop the bubble quick before it pops and destroys the city. So they use a submarine from her treedome and chase after the bubble, soon finding out that the controller is none other than Plankton!

They chase Plankton and have a rather interesting fight scene. It seems that they caught Plankton red-handed, but unfortunately, he electrocutes the trio before knocking them off and even destroying the submarine. After that, Plankton drives the bubble to the Krusty Krab and threatens to pop the bubble with a giant needle if Krabs doesn’t give him the secret formula. *sigh* Why does the Krusty Krab have to be involved in this episode? Couldn’t it just stay at Goo Lagoon?

First, Spongebob attempts to blow a giant bubble of a muscle fish to take the goo bubble somewhere else, but Patrick accidentally pops it, causing it to fly EVERYWHERE and take the goo bubble up to the surface and to the moon! Yay! But unfortunately, the bubble bounces back down to Bikini Bottom. Ohhh….. Left with a choice of either giving up the formula or being chased by an angry mob, Mr. Krabs reluctantly surrenders and gives Plankton the formula. But being the conniving villain he is, Plankton pops the bubble anyway, causing a huge mess! Plankton flies away and reads the formula, only to find that it has a dynamite stick inside, causing the ship to explode.

Mr. Krabs thinks that everything’s back to normal! Sandy corrects him, but he has an idea; for people to pay him to have a giant bubble monster to wash the citizens. And Spongebob ends the episode by saying this:

· SpongeBob: [stands there watching with Patrick and Sandy, still covered in goo. He and Patrick seems to be happy but Sandy seems confused] See, Patrick? Bubbles are the answer to everything! [Laughs as the episode ends]

At least it’s not as stupid as “I guess crying DOES solve your problems after all!”

This wasn’t a bad episode. I didn’t like how involved the Krusty Krab as a main point, and I didn’t like how it ended with Krabs just making more money by bribing people, mainly because it’s used WAY too much!

That’s pretty much the only flaw I have with this episode. Other than that, I thought this episode was somewhat interesting and a little creepy. I liked how Plankton controlled the giant goo bubble, and I thought the chase was a pretty entertaining scene. I don’t really have much else to say about this episode, but for what it is, it’s alright. It’s certainly a lot better than Spongebob You’re Fired!

[SIZE=24pt]Final Rating: 7.5/10[/SIZE]

Also, am I the only one who thought that the grey fish near the end sounded like Roger from American Dad?

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Yeah, I liked It Came From Goo Lagoon a lot too. It was pretty good, it wasn't bad, and it's an episode that I would rate Good, but not AMAZING. I didn't really have a problem with the involvation of the Krusty Krab, but if Plankton's in the episode, the Krusty Krab is usually involved. I think the episode's plot worked out pretty nicely. I didn't like how we got 2 specials in a row though, but I still enjoyed the episode. I hope we get more 11-minute episodes this year. And I hope the Kenny the Cat is good...

And to me, SpongeBob, You're Fired was Meh. I hated Mr. Krab's HORRIBLE decision to fire SpongeBob, especially just for 5 cents!!! This is like Born Again Krabs! He shouldn't even fire SpongeBob, not even for a million dollars! I mean, what the h***! You treat SpongeBob, who's practically a miracle born from paradise, like a worthless piece of trash that is worth less than 5 cents?! SpongeBob can make you like, 3 dollars, just by serving 1 Krabby Patty! And he serves A LOT of Krabby Patties and fries and drinks and ect in just one day, and he is the sole reason of how Mr. Krabs gets money. Anyway, the first half of the episode was pretty boring too. But luckily, the second half was really good and I liked it a lot. :) That is why my rating balances out to a Meh, than a Bad.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Yeah, I've been doing some work lately, but I promise the next update will be this week. Promise. :)

Awesome. :) It's okay, work is important. (Really important. I should know.) And thanks for the promise. ^_^ I believe you. I really LOVE how you review episodes, by the way.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I've decided to fill you all in on an update before I make my next review (which is coming today). On DeviantArt, I made a template for my reviews, to keep them somewhat short, but detailed. This is what I'm going to use for when I make my Spongebob reviews here:

my_review_template_by_predator56-d7c4c3j.png

DOWN! I SAID POINT AT "PICTURE HERE", PATRICK-MAN! Ahh, whatever. This is what I'm going to use when I make my Spongebob reviews from now on (at least on this topic). These reviews will be kinda short, but they will be detailed and reasonable, like my previous reviews.

Also, if you want, you are free to use this template all you want, as long as you give me credit for it. :)

my_notebook__squidville_by_predator56-d7f4t6x.png

GordokTheMad said:
I've decided to fill you all in on an update before I make my next review (which is coming today). On DeviantArt, I made a template for my reviews, to keep them somewhat short, but detailed. This is what I'm going to use for when I make my Spongebob reviews here:

my_review_template_by_predator56-d7c4c3j.png

DOWN! I SAID POINT AT "PICTURE HERE", PATRICK-MAN! Ahh, whatever. This is what I'm going to use when I make my Spongebob reviews from now on (at least on this topic). These reviews will be kinda short, but they will be detailed and reasonable, like my previous reviews.

Also, if you want, you are free to use this template all you want, as long as you give me credit for it. :)

my_notebook__squidville_by_predator56-d7f4t6x.png
When did Jake the Dog say that quote?

Back