Y'know what's weird?

MattTheSpongeFanatic

The Fancy Sponge
I don't think they spend a day, they just create their account and leave, not coming back to the site ever. I don't know why they do that either but a lot of accounts are like that (all of the accounts on Today's Birthdays only spent one day, except for one which spent 2):omg:

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
It's like "I'm gonna make an account on this SB forum, since I love SB!"
And then when they make the account: "I'll wait for my account to be accepted and sleep"
And then the morning, they forget and never come back.

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
Tbh, It's getting tiring seeing the same people everyday. I wish people would actually cling on to SBM so this forum can have a bigger community, and thus talking to many other people.

spongedude

Jellyfishing Extraordinaire
Staff
A lot of folks sign up for accounts and never post. But that's true of the vast majority of internet forums. I've been a lurker on a couple of other boards myself.

What used to drive me up the wall were spam accounts, which would find ways to shoehorn links into the body of their posts like normal members. They became pretty easy to spot, however.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Some of them are probably bots but never post. That used to NOT be a thing. Those bots used to be entertaining and it's like they gave up :P

My guess is that some of them join for the streaming of premieres and just don't say anything.

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
I never thought of it as weird. Personally, I've joined a lot of sites that I barely post on. This forum is one of the rare exceptions for me, actually.

Supersponge456

Flying Dutchman's Sock
i have noticed that when looking at todays birthdays 2 of them joined on one day then left on the same day

Speedie

Imitation Krab
A lot of folks sign up for accounts and never post. But that's true of the vast majority of internet forums. I've been a lurker on a couple of other boards myself.

What used to drive me up the wall were spam accounts, which would find ways to shoehorn links into the body of their posts like normal members. They became pretty easy to spot, however.
This is true! I used to be a lurker before I got the courage to sign up.