Writer Facts

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Was bored, decided to compile a list of random facts about writers.

-Vincent Waller, the show's current Creative Director, used to write and direct on Ren And Stimpy.

-Richard Pursel also used to work on Ren And Stimpy. In fact, he and Waller worked together on some of Ren And Stimpy's best episodes (Stimpy's First Fart, for example).

-Sean Charmatz was once a storyboard artist for Catscratch and worked on Danny Phantom before he came to SpongeBob. In addition, Charmatz was a storyboard artist in Seasons 4-7, but boarded less and less episodes after he became a director in the sixth season.

-Mark O' Hare, a board artist/writer for the first three Seasons worked on Rocko's Modern Life pre-SpongeBob and after the movie he started writing for Camp Lazlo.

-Derek Drymon left the series after Steve left because he felt it wouldn't be the same without him.

- Zeus Cervas has been on the show since the Second Season as a storyboard artist; it wasn't until Season 4 that he became a writer/director, and he's stayed as so ever since.

-Casey Alexander was a character designer in Season 4, and he was around during the time when the movie was boarded. When it came time for the show to start back up again in Season 4, Alexander already had a good idea of how the show was written and he took the Storyboard Directing test and became a writer/director.

-Luke Brookshier was once a storyboard artist on Kim Possible.

-Tom King left SpongeBob in Season 5 (but came back for one episode in Season 6) to write for Chowder, a show by C.H Greenblatt, coincidentally.

-Aaron Springer left SpongeBob after Season 8 to work on Disney's Gravity Falls.

-There was a point in Nate Cash's tenure where he was working on Flapjack and SpongeBob at the same time. There was also a point where he was working on Adventure Time and SpongeBob at the same time, but he left partway through the eighth season to become Adventure Time's Creative director.

-Season 5 is the Season with the most guest writers to date. From Chris Reccardi and Charlie Bean of the Powerpuff Girls teaming up with Aaron Springer to pen episodes, and Greg Miller and Eric Shaw jumping into the series for a bit, the Season is filled with a lot of different writers.

-In the first few episodes of Season 4, Kent Osbourne was still coming up with plots. He just never outlined any episodes, which is why his name isn't in the title credits.

-Tim Hill left SpongeBob to direct live action films (namely,Alvin And The Chipmunks, and he directed Muppets In Space too prior to SpongeBob). He also worked on Rocko's Modern Life with Stephen Hillenburg.

-Merriwether Williams went from SpongeBob to Camp Lazlo to Adventure Time to MLP: Friendship Is Magic in her writing career.

-And Jay Lender and Dan Povenmire wrote for SpongeBob a long time ago, and he went on to create
Phineas And Ferb, while Jay Lender directs on it.

-Speaking of Phineas and Ferb, Marc Ceccarelli wrote and storyboarded the episode "Traffic Cam Caper" for that show.

That's it for now, if I find anything else, I will post it.

Patrick NotStar

Floating Shopping List
Wow, really awesome list Jibbix! It's interesting to see the various backgrounds of all the writers.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
Wow. All of these facts are pretty interesting, and I didn't know most of them. Once again, great job Jib! :thumbsup:

Box And Company

Floating Shopping List
and I didn't know most of them.
As for me on the otherhand, when you're on SBC's XAT and listen to jjs and Aqua (JJumper and Jibbix) and other people discussing SB's writers, you learn a lot of stuff. :p
Nice list. Now I have a nifty little bedtime story for my grandchildren and a nice reference guide for me on SB writers. :thumbsup:

kev

innit
Once again, almost 90% of the cartoons are made by former People who worked on SpongeBob. I give credit to Jibbix, God bless you *wipes tear*

Back