Would you ever want C. H. Greenblatt to return?

SuperFan2024

Part Computer or Something
It seems as if he doesn't want to go to Cartoon Network nor Disney, and I really feel bad for how bad Nick treated his show Harvey Beaks, so I think it would be best if he just went back to Spongebob. Some old staff members have returned to the series, so maybe he could return as well.

In my honest opinion, I believe he was the best writer on Spongebob, and I have enjoyed every episode he has written in the series, and most of the episodes he has written has been some of the most admired and loved episodes by fans of the series (i.e. "Band Geeks").

This man is a great writer, has a great sense of humor, and his humor can really go with our current episodes.

What do you all think? Do you want him back? Cause I sure do!

Klu

Moby Dollar
It would be very awesome. But it's too unlikely to happen.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I kind of don't want him to, seeing that he left the show to pursue his own creations. It'd be kind of sad to see him resort to this show, seeing that his own creations haven't succeeded. It's like leaving your job to pursue your dreams, but nothing works out, and you end up returning to your job after a period of absence in a last desperate attempt.

But, if he was genuinely excited to return to the show, that'd be great! Carl was awesome at writing episodes, and seeing him and Kaz team up together would make for some great material.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I love Greenblatt's work, but SpongeBob is already past its prime. Like Honest Slug said, he shouldn't waste his talent on something that should've ended YEARS ago.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
JerryTheSnail said:
It would be cool to see him guest-direct an episode but I don't think he should go beck to being a regular crew member.
Yeah, just imagine an entire episode under his direction, another Fear of a Krabby Patty. That'd be awesome.

https://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=he8dymnPGSzLd5Jbxs2C1qNSjwGn3DvSHfijlxArmVU%3D

Reactions: Reg

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
No, despite the fact that C.H was half of my favorite writing team on the show and has written some of the best episodes of all time.

The reason?

I felt the same way about Kaz.

I don't want to throw any shade at Kaz. He's a great writer, and has been an instrumental figure in some of the biggest parts of my childhood. Whether it was Chocolate With Nuts, his episodes of Camp Lazlo, or his wonderful early work on Phineas and Ferb, Kaz has always brung the laughs.

However, his return to SpongeBob has been very underwhelming outside of a couple of episodes, most likely due to the fact that Kaz never stopped writing after his first stint on SpongeBob. Right after the movie he jumped ship with a lot of the Pre-Movie crew for Lazlo. Directly after Lazlo ended the man went to Phineas and Ferb, which ended right around the time Lost In Bikini Bottom aired. It's been non-stop for him. And I think that's a part of the reason his episodes haven't had the magic his original ones did. For C.H it's been mostly the same way.

And moreover, I think the return and the decline of older writers like Aaron Springer and Kaz are testaments to the fact that you can't catch lightning in a bottle twice. And as much as I loved C.H's work, I just don't think him coming back would be for the best. New blood is really cool to see on this show - I was so hyped when Jack Pendarvis came on board for a little bit. Maybe for like a guest episode, but full time? Nah. I prefer fresh faces.

Plus like the guy said above, coming back to the show you blew up off because your other endeavors didn't work is one of the saddest things ever.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
I'm conflicted on this...I will give you some explanations why I'm mixed on it:

I will give you the negatives about this: When a crew member (specifically a writer or a storyboard artist) return to a long running series, would you be happy or bummed out about his/her return? Normally you'd be bummed out since their work would be inferior compared to their earlier work. I do feel this way about Kaz, but he offered some great episode every now and then. I'm afraid if he (Greenblatt) was to return, his episodes won't be as classic as they were in seasons 2-3 including the first post-movie episode in which he worked on.

On the bright side: if he does return, he would be a storyboard artist. If his off-model drawings in the early days are to show, they won't feel out of place right now. Adam Paloian is basically a new version of Greenblatt, since he (and some of the new crew) love drawing exaggerated faces.

Back