• Megapost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jarno

Not dead
Hello, everyone. This is my first thread on SBM, and this post happens to not be the list. Yet. I just want to ask a question about the nature of this list. Should I release it daily? Or should I just type it all down in one megapost? You decide. :sbfunny:

Jarno

Not dead
Well, alright. I'll update this daily. And, to start off the daily stream comes #10!

#10: Season 6

Well, this season exists, to be honest, based on some of the episodes in this season, I think the writers had a formula.

• Write a SpongeBob episode in 10 minutes.
  • Make sure funny lines are few and far between.
  • Make every frame of the episode kinda gross.
  • And finally, make it just plain boring.

Some of the episodes didn't use this formula, but all of them used at least one of these things. For example, even the best episodes of the season, such as Krabby Road didn't seem all that funny, and most of the lines were just.. fine at best. For the worst episodes, like The Splinter... do I really need to explain? It takes the third part of the formula and ramps it up to at least an 11. In other terms, the formula isn't really there, but it really feels like it is. So, all in all, in my opinion, this season has the worst episodes of the whole show, and the good episodes aren't really great. I'll give this season a 4/10.

Jarno

Not dead
#9: Season 8

So, Season 8 huh? I can describe this season in one word. "Y A W N ".
Yeah. Ok, I'll explain why.

All of the episodes here just feel.. safe. At least with Season 6, it had episodes that were very odd, and when I saw their concepts, I enjoyed them at least from that aspect. With Season 8, however, almost every episode is just a blank slate.
Unlike Seasons 1-7, I really can't name that many episodes from Season 8 without looking at the episode list. Also, I don't see many people complaining about the animation in this season. It's just... dead to me. It's really stiff, and the characters' mouths only move slightly. The stiffness adds to the yawn factor of this season. I mean, have a look at it. This animation "style" started in late Season 5, but it's at it's worst here and in Season 7. So, all in all, this season is just.. y'know. It's fine. I'll give this season a 5/10.

Jarno

Not dead
#8: Season 10
Beep beep someone who thinks Season 10 isn't all that good alert!

Okay, I'll explain myself. It's not bad. It's just.. okay. I don't think the "funny" faces are all that.. funny. To me, it's as good as Season 5, but dumbed down for a younger audience. I'm by no means a small child, but I think this season is a bit too pandering. But negatives aside, I do like lots of episodes in this season! When it's good, it's a bunch of fun. I do like Mermaid Pants, but, you know.. funny faces are 90% of the humor. That's the problem with many episodes on this season. They're a bit flawed in the humor departments. They are good fun, but I prefer Season 7, and that's saying something. I'll give this season a 6/10.

Jarno

Not dead
[DOUBLE REVIEW :O]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#7: Season 7
Speaking of Season 7, it has a few episodes in my Top 10. But, it does have a few more in my Bottom 10. So, that's why it isn't at the highest on my list. But! Let's speak about the positives.
Positives:

Krusty Dogs. I mean, it's just funny. And you know I like good concepts, so...
The Wreck of the Mauna Loa. Don't hate me, but this episode is awesome. I love it, because (in my opinion) it's got some pretty good humor, and a lot of fun moments. so ye. is good.

The Abrasive Side. SpongeBob being rude is just gold. And it isn't his fault, so it's all good in the end. The beginning is odd, but hey. Not bad, Season 7.

Earworm. Ruh roh! I noticed these episodes are aired together, and so are the last two... I'm not unoriginal, I promise :( Anyways!!!! I like this episode because it's so relatab-- how mANY SHRIMPS DO YOU HAVE TO EAT, BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR SKIN TURN PINK? EAT TOO MUCH AND YOU'LL GET SICK. SHRIMPS ARE PRETTY RICH-- Sorry, what was I saying..?

That Sinking Feeling. AAA, don't hate me plspsplspls. I like this episode. I really don't get why people don't. Sure, it's a Squidward torture episode, but in this one, SpongeBob and Patrick aren't doing it on purpose, and Squidward is kinda being a bit mean at the beginning. I just like it!

So, now, from the positives, you might think I love this season. In these cases, yes, I do. Buuuut.. I'll just give you some negative episodes.

Negatives:

Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy. It's not as bad as people say, it's just.. I thought it was a Season 8 episode, because it's so BORING. I think I got up and left half way through, but then I remembered I was watching it for science, so I came back.

The Cent of Money. It's fine. But Mr. Krabs is just.. wow. #garyrights

Rodeo Daze. I had a weird feeling about this episode. Then the part in Texas happened. My weird feeling went through the roof in an instant. Also SpongeBob kidnapped like.. all of Bikini Bottom lol

One Coarse Meal. It has a really good opening, I'll give it that. What I won't give it is a pass for suicide jokes, and another episode about Mr. Krabs being.. wow. #planktonrights But, it is quite good at the sp00ky shots; they made me genuinely quite scared for Plankton. Although, that ending was just all over the place. SpongeBob wanted to help Plankton, then he didn't. ????????????

So, all in all, this review is getting quite long, this season is just... once again eh. But, unlike Season 8, it has some of my favourite episodes in it!
I'll give this season a 7/10.

#6: Season 5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, Season 5. This is another strange season, but we are getting into pretty good season territory. Like with Seasons 6 and 7, this season has experimentation as one of it's focuses.
I like this season because it goes out of it's way to be new. None of the episodes seem remotely like eachother here, and it goes a long way in making this season stand out for me!
Although when looking over the episode list, I can see more bad episodes than Season 7, but the bad episodes, unlike said season, aren't all that bad! So, all in all, this season has great (and ambitious) good episodes, and alright bad ones.
I'll give this season a 7.5/10.
Oh wait, I gotta name an episode! Uh, good episode is.. Spy Buddies. Bad episode is Fungus Among Us. Buuut, I do like the fact that Squidward called the military on SpongeBob. That was funny as hell. Alright. 7.5/10. Bye.

Back