Completed Worst to Best Seasons (Finalized Opinion)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I've been thinking alot over the past few months, and I think I've finally made up my mind about how I feel about seasons 1-11.

Great
1. Season 2 (9.8/10)
2. Season 3 (9.5/10)
3. Season 1 (8.7/10)
4. Season 4 (8.1/10)

Good
5. Season 11 (7.4/10)
6. Season 9 (7.1/10)

Meh
7. Season 5 (6.5/10)
8. Season 10 (6.1/10)

Mediocre

9. Season 8 (5.6/10)
10. Season 6 (5.1/10)

Bad

11. Season 7 (4.2/10)

Tbh, I was expecting season 4 to just be good, but some of the episodes that I previously didn't like or just thought were ok I liked alot more after watching them again.

I also expected season 6 to be worse but I found a few episodes that really feel like pre-movie episodes, like The Slumber Party or Krabby Road.

EM.

Moby Dollar
My problem with season 7 is that none of the episodes are really even that good. Even the better episodes, like Abrasive Side are just good. I respect your opinion tho
Also Enchanted Tiki Dreams

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I think season 7 is the worst too. It has many of the worst episodes in the entire series, my least favorite episode (Stuck in the Wringer), and it's good episodes are not that great. Personally I'd put season 8 below season 6 though. Similar to season 7, season 8 has awful, awful episodes, however it does have good episodes that are actually pretty awesome, like Planet of the Jellyfish or Hello Bikini Bottom! The reason I'd put season 6 above season 8 is because season 6 also has some pretty good episodes (Suction Cup Symphony is my favorite from that season) and its bad episodes aren't my personal least favorites (I hate Choir Boys and Boating Buddies, but they have some stiff competition).

On the topic of good seasons, I'd put season 3 above season 2 because many of my favorite episodes in the show (Krusty Krab Training Video, Chocolate With Nuts, Can You Spare a Dime?) are in season 3.

EM.

Moby Dollar
I would put season 4 above season 1 as it just has more good/memorable episodes like The Lost Mattress, Skill Crane, and Krusty Towers, whereas season 1 while it did have great moments, it just didn't have the very good style of humor built in starting in the next season after. I definitely put season 5 above season 11 since there are also some season 5 episodes that are great, like Roller Cowards, Spy Buddies, Krabs A La Mode, and season 11 the humor felt kind of forced imo, like the my leg joke and Mr Krabs' Flanderization, I'm not saying season 11 is any bad like season 7, but I would personally put season 5 above it.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I would put season 4 above season 1
I actually was debating putting season 4 above season 1 but I just think that season 1 has more memorable episodes. (like Pizza Delivery, SB-129, Ripped Pants, Rock Bottom, Hall Monitor, Texas) Season 4 still has some great episodes though, just not as many.

I definitely put season 5 above season 11
I would've probably put season 5 over 11 if 5 didn't have so many episodes that brought it down. Season 11 just has less bad episodes imo. I do agree that season 5 has better comedy, but I felt that season 11 was more consistent in it's quality. With season 5, the quality of episodes varies so much that it's like playing the lottery whenever you pick an episode. But season 5 still has its moments for sure.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
I pretty much agree with you almost completely. Except season 9b, in my opinion, was better than most of season 11. However I guess if you’re considering entire seasons, season 9a renders the entirety of season 9 as being below season 11 in quality.

Rex

Floating Shopping List
I feel this is unpopular but I would put season 1 as my favorite season. So many classic episodes (Employee Of The Month, Ripped Pants, Opposite Day, Rock Bottom, Pizza Delivery, Jellyfish Jam, Hall Monitor, Plankton! Etc) it also has my favorite episode (Ripped Pants) I also feel the writing was the most sharp in this season, an episode like Opposite Day is a good example with the backwards joke. Also to me it has the least amount of bad or mediocre episodes. 4 Episodes I don't like (Fools In April, Scaredy Pants, Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost, Texas)

Season 6 is my least favorite because of how just sloppy most of the episodes are, most episodes are painfully unfunny and boring. Also most bad episodes in this season.

In terms of ranking

Great

#1 Season 1
#2 Season 2
#3 Season 3
#4 Season 4

Good

#5 Season 5
#6 Season 11
#7 Season 8

Mediocre

#8 Season 12
#9 Season 9

Bad

#10 Season 10
#11 Season 7

Awful

#12 Season 6

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I feel this is unpopular but I would put season 1 as my favorite season.
Sometimes I think season 1 can be underrated. Not that people don't love it, but it seems to get drowned out by seasons 2 and 3.

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Sometimes I think season 1 can be underrated. Not that people don't love it, but it seems to get drowned out by seasons 2 and 3.
I would agree I wouldn't say its underrated but it is probably a different flavor compared to the rest of the show, can you imagine an episode like Bubblestand being in season 3. However I love the different tone and also how a lot of episodes kind of deal with more serious topics or have some deep messages or are metaphors.

Ripped Pants, Being an attention seeker can cost you
Naughty Nautical Neighbors, A broken friendship
Home Sweet Pineapple, Losing your home
Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy, How your idles may not be who you think
Pickles, Failure and self doubt
F.U.N. Someone you think is your friend really may be just using you
Suds, Self medication
Walking Small, Assertiveness and again being used
Hooky, Drug addiction "Getting hooked"

Now I could be talking absolute dirt but I believe this was intentional and these are actual messages

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Now I could be talking absolute dirt but I believe this was intentional and these are actual messages
I'd say you're pretty on the nose for most of these, except for F.U.N and Naughty Nautical Neighbors. Those episodes felt more like they were using those serious topics as plot devices instead of teaching a lesson or sending a message

coft

happy hopping moron
guess I'll toss my thoughts in too

THE GREAT

1. Season 3
2. Season 2
3. Season 1
4. Season 4

THE GOOD

5. Season 9
6. Season 5
7. Season 10

THE AVERAGE

8. Season 11

THE BAD

9. Season 6
10. Season 12
11. Season 8

THE SEASON 7

12. Season 7

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
It's unfortunate that season 7 is the most-hated season...7 is my favorite number haha

I'll have to rewatch season 6 and 7 again to see which one I dislike more because it's been quite a while, but for now it's 7 because it has more episodes that I actively remember disliking. It also contains Stuck in the Wringer, which is reason enough to hate it I guess.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I'll have to rewatch season 6 and 7 again to see which one I dislike more because it's been quite a while, but for now it's 7 because it has more episodes that I actively remember disliking. It also contains Stuck in the Wringer, which is reason enough to hate it I guess.
Yeah exactly. I think seasons 6 and 7 have the same amount of bad episodes (or at least pretty close), but Stuck in the Wringer is what does it for me in the end.

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
It's not finalized, but here is my controversial one.

Best: Season 9 (Mostly after the second movie. The first third was good too, I found the episodes there to be pretty entertaining, but the comedy reached it's peak after "Spongebob You're Fired")

Season 5 (Although the show is mostly meant for comedy, I think this was the best season, story and character wise. It's not akin to Avatar or Steven Universe, but there are some interesting stories with characters getting a bit more traits than normal)

Season 2 (A vast majority of the episodes in this season, are ones that I remember fondly, mostly because this was the season I grew up with, but most of them are pretty funny too.)

Season 3 (It was tough to choose between this and Season 2, but after thinking it through, there are some pretty weak episodes in this season, while 2 has all of them hit the mark)

Season 11 (Although it's a bit over animated, much like season 9, there are a lot of interesting yet ridiculous ideas in the season, and I kind of like it)

Season 1 (It's kind of weird having this season be more slice of life style than the other, more zany ones. Not that it's a bad thing, just something I'd thought I would point out)

Season 8 (Although home to my least favorite episode of the series, the season as a whole is pretty good, with some very interesting episodes thrown in there)

Season 10 (Also over animated, and outside of a few episodes, not a lot about the season stands out. Still pretty good though)

Season 4 (Similar case to the above, except without being over animated)

Season 6 (I've realized that this season has some really good and really bad episodes, not a lot in between, so it's a more average season to me, which isn't much when compared to the enjoyable other seasons)

Worst: Season 7 (Even some of the best episodes of this season, were not all that memorable, I usually just forget about 98% of the episodes here)

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
My list:
GREAT
season 3
season 2
season 4
season 1
GOOD
season 9
season 5
MEH
season 10
season 8
season 11
MEDIOCRE
season 7
BAD
season 6

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
My list

The best seasons:

Season 1 9.8/10
Season 2 9.5/10
Season 3 9.2/10

Very good seasons:
Season 4 8.7/10
Season 5 8.3/10

No good seasons:
Season 6 6.5/10
Season 7 5.4/10
Season 8 7/10
Season 9 5.7/10

Bad seasons:
Season 10 1/10
Season 11 1.2/10
Season 12 1.3/10

Yeah,the first season is the best for me and the newest are the worst.

Back