Why Spongebob's character is so inspiring and heroic - a bit analysis

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I have wanted to make this thread for some days. I think that Spongebob's character is great and many people miss its magic and inspiring character. I think that you will know all the information below but I still think it should have a topic for that.

Spongebob is known for being a comedy show for kids. There are many people who know that it is not exatcly true because Spongebob has pretty a lot of adult jokes in it or some creepy or deep episodes and episodes which represent some realife topics, such as One Coarse Meal(a creepy episode which talks also about suicide and torturing other people) and Home Sweet Peanapple(which talks about being homeless and leaving your home). Yeah, they are not really for adult but they still are not just comedy because they have something that aimed for adults or some realistic or deep ideas. Spongebob's episodes are not talking that deep in these topics but they still exist and I think that we can say that Spongebob has some depth, even a bit and not just some good comedy cartoon.

Now that we see that Spongebob is not totally for kids, is there something deeper than that? Are there some messeges for the audience? I think there are.
Spongebob's characters are mostly good for making good jokes and moments, but I think that there is something more.
I think that Spongebob's character is really good. Spongebob is a good person who is kind to other people and likes helping them. He is a MODEL and ISPIRING character in my opinion. In Graveyard Shift he is happy with Mr Krabs' deciding to make the Krasy Krab open 24/7. He sees the good side of it. He is OPTIMISTIC. Compared to him, Squidward is unhappy and sad. He is PESSIMISTIC.
He does not hate Kevin for trying to hurt him. He took care of a lot of snails in Sanctuary!
He admires Squidward even though Squidward "hates" him. He likes the nature so much that he wants to live with the animals there in Nature Pants. He works really hard to maximize the results in the Krusty Krab and make them perfect. And if they are not, he is really sad, as we saw in Pickles. He is the only one who does feel symphaty towards Plankton. Even when Plankton tried to make Spongebob being a bad guy he didn't manage to do it. Spongebob is too kind. He gave some of his laugh box to Squidward. He wanted to buy a new mattress to Mr Krabs.
His salary is enough for him and he does not want more money. He is satisfied with little. Spongebob's eye made Plankton being a good guy.

That was Spongebob but what about Squidward? Squidward is the opposite of Spongebob. Spongebob even said that in Opposite Day episode "I must be the opposite of Spongebob by being Squidward".
Squidward likes being alone while Spongebob likes being surrounded by people. Squidward barely ever smiles and happy, Spongebob is exactly the opposite. He is really lazy and does not care about his work. He works at the Krusty Krabs just because he has no other way of finding a good job, compared to Spongebob who works there because he like it and he likes the Krasty Krab. Squidward is the first person to leave the Krasty Krabs and go to home when he can while Spongebob is the last one. He always takes breaks during his work while Spongebob works non-stop.

By all these examples and qualities we can see that Spongebob is really a good person who loves his life, home and surroundings.
So what is my point? We all know that Spongebob and Squidward are quite opposite of each other.
My point is that Spongebob's character is the messege of the show itself. Spongebob is a MODEL. He lives his life to the fullest.
His life is really fun and he is happy to wakt up at morning and working at his job. Almost everything that happens to him is good and ok for him. He always looks at the good side of the coin and what good he has in his life. I think that most of us miss this very important messege.
I think that this messege is more important than most of the messeges that adult shows have, because after all, we live just one time.
We can't let is be wasted and being bad like Squidward's life.
We need to live as we like to and being happy as long as we can.
We need to like out home, our job, our friends, our city and ourselves.

This is why I think that Spongebob's character is really good, inspiring and heroic.
LIVE LIKE SPONGEBOB!

Last edited:
Back