Why seasons 10-12 are the worst ones for me?

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Many Spongebob fans find seasons 6-8 as the worst ones and 9B when the series became good again. I entirely disagree with this statement.
In my opinion, seasons 6-8 are nice while seasons 10-12 are bad.

Why do I think that?
1. Everything is over-the-top and weird. EVERYTHING. The faces, screams, noises, movements. Their bodies get expanded and bigger which is pretty annoying. Charaters do something and it makes desrcution or mess and it is weird and unnecessary. Mr Krabs screams a lot, Spongebob cries a lot. It really annoys me.
2. There is a lack of jokes and funny momets. I don't know if I miss the jokes or it is just unfunny. It feels like jokes is something rare in these seasons.
3. It is childish. I feel like it aims for youngers compared to the previous eras. Perhaps it is just me, but episodes like The Calm Whisper or Dirty Bubble Returns as childish episodes.
4. Stupid and creepy episodes. I find Cuddle E. Hugs very creepy. It is creepier than One Coarse Meal for me. It is not suit for Spongebob.
For example, Pat the Horse. What?? Did you run out of ideas for episodes or what? They are creative but also stupid and weird.
5. Ink Lemonade. Yeah, this episodes deserves other reason for finding this era as the worst one for me.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Which era is better for you?

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
I disagree, I think Seasons 10-11 are the best seasons of the show, while 12 is not as good as Seasons 10-11. But you still have some good points on why you do not like Seasons 9B-12.

Seasons 6-8 are still not that bad, it's just in my opinion they're not as good as other seasons.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I disagree, I think Seasons 10-11 are the best seasons of the show, while 12 is not as good as Seasons 10-11. But you still have some good points on why you do not like Seasons 9B-12.

Seasons 6-8 are still not that bad, it's just in my opinion they're not as good as other seasons.
You like season 10-11 more than 1-3? It is very surprising.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
I agree in the sense that I would rather watch seasons 6-8 then seasons 10-13. This could be because of my nostalgia, but other than that, I feel like the writers are way less expirimental, and made the characters feel more childish, and stupid. I still think seasons 1-3, especially seaon 3, are the best seasons of the show, however 5-8 are overhated. So yeah I pretty much agree, and your examples are pretty valid. Except the creepy part, I don't really get that lol

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I think that whether you like seasons 10-12 all comes down to whether it's your cup of tea, so to speak. They're very different from previous seasons. Personally I'm a fan of them because of all the new things they're doing, but I get why some people may not be. I think my main gripe with seasons 6-8 is that so many episodes, when they're not downright awful, are just boring and don't have much in the way of entertainment value, at least for me. At least the episodes in 10-12 have things going on, even when they can be bad.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I agree in the sense that I would rather watch seasons 6-8 then seasons 10-13. This could be because of my nostalgia, but other than that, I feel like the writers are way less expirimental, and made the characters feel more childish, and stupid. I still think seasons 1-3, especially seaon 3, are the best seasons of the show, however 5-8 are overhated. So yeah I pretty much agree, and your examples are pretty valid. Except the creepy part, I don't really get that lol
I agree with your except the statement that season 3 is the best because for me season 1 is the best (season 2 is 2nd and season 3 is 3rd for me) but still agree with you in general. Season 5-8 are really overhated. Season 5 is even good and season 8 is pretty good.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I agree one hundred percent, post sequel spongebob has way too much screaming, loud music, and weird faces for my taste. And bad episodes (especially season 12) are just as bad, if not worse than season 6-8

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
I assume the writers have run out of ideas and are trying new formats and themes to keep the show going strong. But... as the show goes on, it feels less and less like SpongeBob. It’s like a whole new show. It’s too... modern?

Back