Why I think Sponge Out of Water is better then the first

So I think SOOW is better then the first here is my reasons!

• It is more funny then the first.
  • It has Plankton and SB working together, (I'm a huge fan of Plankton and SB being friends)
  • It is less dark then the first.
  • Every main character helps in this one.
  • Plankton is not the bad guy.
  • It has CGI.
  • The characters have superpowers.
  • Everyone has like a happy ending.

So, yes I like SOOW better then the first. The first is ok and all but I still rate it 7/10 while I give SOOW 9.9/10. The only promblem I got for SOOW is Plankton trying to get the KP recipe at the end. But yeah I still like SOOW better then the firts.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
I'll give you this, I do find "Sponge Out of Water" to be funnier than the first as well.

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
Using CGI isn't a positive in my opinion. Also, doesn't the SpongeBob movie have a happy ending? SpongeBob gets his dream job and over the credits we see him enjoying every minute of it.

Ihavedahswag said:
Using CGI isn't a positive in my opinion. Also, doesn't the SpongeBob movie have a happy ending? SpongeBob gets his dream job and over the credits we see him enjoying every minute of it.
But Plankton goes to jail in the firtst.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I think just the basic fact of it being "new" and "fresh" is enough for me to like it more than the original, as of now. Rewatching it is so fun because you notice a lot of things you didn't see before, and the jokes are still funny etc. It's just overall more fun to watch at the moment.

After a couple more rewatches though, I think it'll be easier and more official to determine which movie is actually better IMO.

TheuglyBarnacle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
besides it being funnier, all of your points are exactly why it was a step down for me. I really liked the fact that it was a more personal film between Spongebob and Patrick, making it a better road movie. Also, i loved the darkness of the original, it brought something to the movie that made it feel more like a movie. The second one feels more like an episode of Spongebob, but I wanted it to be like a movie.

The Drifter

Some person.
I agree with you. I also like how they put all the main cast in the movie and gave them proper roles. In the first movie, the entire plot revolves around SpongeBob, Patrick, and Plankton, while the other main cast doesn't do anything (except probably Squiward).

AnimationCreated

*Trumpets Intensify*
The only real reason I like SOOW funnier is because it's new. I don't expect the jokes coming like the first movie. I basically have seen the first movie so many times, I can tell the story beat by beat.

I don't really think the second movie is as well-written as the first movie because the first movie ended SpongeBob on the best way possible and there were definetly some emotional stuff in the first but I'll say this. I laughed at the second movie more and I'm glad to see every character getting enough screen time.

Overall, both movies are tie to me.

sansaranaga

Imitation Krab
The first movie is better in my mind for having more funny gags, relying less on dumb characters like the pigeons, and having a more interesting plot.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I didn't really care about the CGI but I do agree that it was funnier than the first movie. I don't remember what Squidward did with his superpower but everyone else helped in a way, which was nice.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
ssj4gogita4 said:
I didn't really care about the CGI but I do agree that it was funnier than the first movie. I don't remember what Squidward did with his superpower but everyone else helped in a way, which was nice.
Squidward (Sour Note) used his Clarinet to blow something away (I forgot what it was).

Cha

I love SBM
I only got some chuckles from the second one. I'd have to rewatch it for a third time but I still kinda prefer the first one's humor.

Back