Why I have made the difficult decision to give up SpongeBob SquarePants after Season 12

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I feel it's time for me to leave this show behind

After all the deaths of prominent people involved with the series and the fact I'm slowly moving away from kids' cartoons, I feel I am making the correct decision

I just feel SpongeBob is no longer enjoyable IMHO

It's incredibly sad and heartbreaking that I'm being forced to do this but I'll remember how SBSP used to be good

Maybe if the show gets watchable again, I'd give it another chance

As for right now I am done

Since this is a SpongeBob SquarePants fansite and since I used to like the series, I will still come here for other stuff

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish

After all the deaths of prominent people involved with the series and the fact I'm slowly moving away from kids' cartoons, I feel I am making the correct decision

It's incredibly sad and heartbreaking that I'm being forced to do this but I'll remember how SBSP used to be good

Since this is a SpongeBob SquarePants fansite and since I used to like the series, I will still come here for other stuff

That is very true. I think the true renaissance of the show was Season 9b and Season 10. There have been a few episodes in S12 that are very season 6 esque, especailly the Nitwitting.

Lizstaria

Ravioli, ravioli, give me the formuoli
I understand how you feel about it, sadly i think after its better recent season(s) i think it'll quickly go downhill.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I just feel without Stephen Hillenburg, SpongeBob will have all its charm sucked out of it

They recorded TONS of episodes before Hillenburg passed away, but I think one or two of the new episodes next month are gonna be the first to be produced after his death. I heard that Birthday Blowout was the last episode to be made before Steve passed away

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
They recorded TONS of episodes before Hillenburg passed away, but I think one or two of the new episodes next month are gonna be the first to be produced after his death. I heard that Birthday Blowout was the last episode to be made before Steve passed away

I do not know what Hillenburg's true last episode was thanks to Nick airing everything out of order

But it's safe to say it would be AFTER Season 12

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I do not know what Hillenburg's true last episode was thanks to Nick airing everything out of order

But it's safe to say it would be AFTER Season 12

It's very annoying how nick is airing the episodes out of order. Squid's on a Bus and The Goofy Newbie are 20 segments apart in production, but they're airing on the same day.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
We'll find out soon but you could be right!

If that's the case then I needed to stop watching after the Birthday special

...Wait a minute!

If "SpongeBob's Birthday Blowout" really was Stephen Hillenburg's final episode, then why did "Karen's Baby" and "The Krusty Bucket" still have him listed as an executive producer?

Last edited:

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Um...what?

LOL

Are you saying you're the reason I'm giving up the show?

Not true at all!

My decision has absolutely nothing to do with any members on here
Haha, no! šŸ˜„

I was just offering a gentle ribbing on your post. The ol' cliche, "it's not you, it's me," is the stereotype when you break up with someone (and it's really their fault, but you don't want to hurt their feelings). Since you're breaking up with the show... eh, I think my point's been made.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter much. My SpongeBob viewing days are few and far between. Do what makes you happy. ;)

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Haha, no!

I was just offering a gentle ribbing on your post. The ol' cliche, "it's not you, it's me," is the stereotype when you break up with someone (and it's really their fault, but you don't want to hurt their feelings). Since you're breaking up with the show... eh, I think my point's been made.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter much. My SpongeBob viewing days are few and far between. Do what makes you happy. ;)

Ah I get it

In a way, I am "breaking up with the show" because I have stuck with it for SO long

I just hope the show doesn't make it to Season 20

13 or 14 is a nice stopping point IMHO

Last edited:

CannedBread

Moby Dollar

I see what you mean. I feel that some of this is due to most of us growing into adults, however spongebob has definently dumbed down since like season 8ish. Don't get me wrong, some episodes are still enjoyable, no doubt, but it is just too immature for me sometimes. I still think the writers have some potential of writing a good episode, but like I said i'm with you, this show has really gone completly mediocre and childish. I also stand by the fact that their hasn't been a good season since season 4. I still am going to continue to watch the show and (hopefully) enjoy some of it.

Back