Why I don't like post-movie (Confessions of a Post-Movie Hater)

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
As everyone probably knows, I do not care for post-movie SpongeBob

But unlike most post-movie haters, I actually have legitimate reasons for this

For starters, I feel post-movie is where Nick began to milk the show for ALL it was worth to the detriment of their network

Secondly, I have given post-movie a chance but to me it's where the series got more childish and plots were repeating

Thirdly, post-movie was the "point of no return" for this show

I will admit SOME post-movie episodes were ok though

However, I feel everything started to fall apart here!

This is just my opinion so please no mean comments

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
No mean comments will be given from this guy. I never liked the later seasons as much as the early ones like many and always understood the grievances, I just reached a point where I was getting tired of whiny nostalgia hacks taking a children's show way too seriously. You have the full right to your opinion. :D

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I agree mostly with your opinion. I think as the years have gone on I've kinda tolerated post-movie SpongeBob more. Post-second movie SpongeBob is definitely better in the entertainment section, but I think Nickelodeon has gotten even worse with the milking of the show.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Honestly I agree, however some of my favorite episodes have come from post movie episodes. but their was more consistency back then, and they weren't trying to milk the show. Now Nick is going downhill all because they relied on one show. This just goes to show their should not be any show longer than at least 5 or 6 seasons.

IsMayonaiseAInstrument

Master of Wumbology
Post movie definitely has a few misfires, but there are some decent episodes in the mix. The show has gone on for a bit long though kinda wondering how long it'll be until it finally gets canceled. Nick is definitely milking it for all it's worth but there is still hope for it.

Cykamp

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
one thing i generally don’t like about "post movie" spongebob, is the animation. since greenblatt left, it has uh.. got really bad until season 10.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
No doubt the first 3 seasons are the best ones, but in my opinion seasons 4 and 5 are good as well and there are amazing episodes in seasons 6-9. There are horrible episodes but also amazing ones. Seasons 10+ are very bad for me.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
I will definitely say Seasons 1 to 5 are the best ones.

Season 6 is the point where I felt the show lost its edge, and couldn't seem to make up its mind on who to appeal to (Seasons 6-9A have more childish writing, but also have a more sadistic, mean-spirited and grotesque sense of humor that makes it look like a children's version of modern Family Guy).

Back