Why do you love Spongebob Squarepants?

Squiddykins

take back the falls
Just as the title asks. Everyone that has joined here obviously like or love this show. ;)
Well, most people anyway.

What made you like/love it? Please be specific and explain yourselves.

I love Spongebob because it's a very unique show. It's one-of-a-kind and there's no other cartoon like Spongebob Squarepants!
The characters and voices are unique as well.

Also, each episode is different and they have interesting plots.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I always find it very difficult to explain without sounding silly, but I'll give it a go. :P
I think most of the attraction I have to this show has to do with the character of Spongebob himself. To me, he represents the simplicity and purity of early childhood. Becoming giddy and excited over even the most mundane parts of everyday life; bringing joy to people even when they want it the least; being free of shame or embarrassment (for the most part). He is innocent like a child, yet lives and functions in this adult environment, often more sucessfully than the truly "grown up" characters around him. Innocence always triumphs over greed, or aggression, or arrogance.

And that is why I love Spongebob Squarepants.

hasfarr

your mom
The show is funny, witty, intended for all ages, and it's always fun seeing SpongeBob do something weird.

Mothra

Billy Bighands
I honestly don't remember anymore.

I had a lot of free time (er, rather, time away from the computer) when I joined here. I'd always watch Spongebob at...4, right? 2006, Pacific time, at 4? Or was it 5?

I was never quite as much of a Spongebob fan as a lot of our modern regulars are... I was way more a Suite Life fan.

I guess something magical happened when I came here.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
It's one of those shows that you can never get bored of. There's always something in each episode to make you laugh, and unlike many shows, each episode can have it's own unique plot. The characters are well thought out, like SpongeBob and Patrick, and you can't help but liking the worst of characters either, like Plankton.

spongygirl92

SpongeBob SquarePants is the only show out there both kids and adults adore! The dialog in all the episodes contains humor for all ages to enjoy. What I love most about the show is the title character himself. I basically agree 100% with DadMom AngryPants's post.SpongeBob's pureness/innocence brings charm to anything he encounters. He may be a grownup...but will he ever grow-up? I don't want him too...his child-like behavior keeps the show fun and interesting to watch. Keep going SquarePants! I'll forever be a fan, even while I'm an old-bedridden woman!

luvsSpongebob

Floating Shopping List
I'm pretty close to an old bedridden lady and love Spongebob. LOL...not quite that old. I've been a toon head my whole life, and I'm happily married to my best friend who is also a cartoon fan. We're both 33.

I can remember the first time I saw Spongebob back in 1999. It was the Jellyfishing episode that got me hooked. Who else had a cartoon out that clever and funny?! To this day my husband and I banter back n forth different quotes...there are so many one liners.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I think the first episode I ever saw was Karate Choppers.

What else can I say? He's an up guy in a sometimes-not-so-up world. And he has a pet snail. :D

bookworm

Vacant Tomb
I think i love the show because it was funny. Smart funny too. I also like the characters.

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
im not even sure. i just love it! its just a good show and it puts you in a good mood every time you watch it. the characters are great and i cant really think of one i dont like (or want off the show at least). another reason i love it so much is because i grew up with it. im very sentimental and nostalgic. im sure that if i didnt grow up with it i wouldnt love it quite as much, but im sure id still watch it and most likely love it just in a different way. i want my children to grow up watching it like i did. i remember first watching it when i was five at my cousins and have watched it since. i was looking at my old school stuff from kindergarten and all of my drawings were of the ocean and spongebob (that and cats, my friends, and pokemon haha). overall, its an amazing show with great characters and dialogue (mainly referring to the older episodes, but there are a few newer ones are good asweel).

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
As for me being a TLK (The Lion King) addict, I have pleasure whenever I watch Spongebob! It has/is/and will be one of my all time favorite cartoon shows ever! It's funny, imaginary, meaningful (in certain occasions), creative, and popular! Spongebob brings joy because it's for everybody and the dialouge is rememberable, since the lines are 95% funny! I support Spongebob Squarepants! :salute: :D

similemetaphor

Chocolate Soup
I was first a spongebob fan only a few years ago.
I was never a BIG BIG Spongebob fan but I love it and it's one of my favorite shows ever. (i watched FRIENDS...
whistling.gif
)

Piper

Moby Dollar
The very episode I saw was SpongeBob Scardeypants. I think I was at least 4 years old when I saw it. Anyways that episode was pretty good, so I started watching it frequently, I probably like it because it's for one, hilarious and sometimes so stupid that it's funny.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I don't love the show, I just started watching it because it was part of CiTV's weekday schedule which I pretty much based my life around from 2000-2004. I don't love shows, I just start watching them because I like them and think they're entertaining and watchable.

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Spongebob has spread through much of the world's population by far (as I remember from watching the Spongebob documentary). I bet that if you talk about Spongebob with someone, I can pretty much garentee that they'll know what you're talking about. :) So many of us have came to love this yellow sponge who has became a national phenomenon for 12 years so far. SBSP brings joy, laughter, happiness, excitement, chatter, and is loaded with awesomesauce! I'm not a die-hard fan of Spongebob, but I really love it (having it as one of my all time favorite cartoons). I couldn't live without. If you're a regular person or a die-hard Spongebob fan, ask yourself this:

"What would happen to the world if Spongebob Squarepants never existed on Planet Earth???"

GOD BLESS FOR SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!! :yahoo: :) :hug: :grouphug: :surrender: :yes2:

Back