Why do you hate Spongebob, You're Fired! episode? (if you really hate it)

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
i just don't get it. i need some reason about it. some people (or you) hate sb, you're fired!. why?

I don't hate it, I find it to be mediocre but the reason why people hate it is that the episode stole a lot elements from previous episodes like "Le Big Stwitch", "Can You Spare a Dime", "Bummer Vacation", characters were unlikeable and the episode is boring.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Because it's horribly paced, obnoxious, and unfunny, is filled with padding, and completely wastes the good/solid plotlines that it actually chose to include. Not to mention that we've already had episodes where Mister Krabs somehow got rid of Spongebob and then regretted it, so it didn't feel fresh at all. Certainly did not warrant a special.

2 out of 10 don't recommend, though maybe your pet rock would enjoy it

Out of the Blue

Floating Shopping List
This is easily the most boring episode of the entire series. It's 22 minutes of nothing. The plot doesn't go anywhere and none of it is funny. The return of Spongebob's old catchphrase is my favourite part of the episode but it's such a minor part of it and it doesn't lead anywhere.

So, on the plus side, it doesn't do anything heinous. As I said, nothing happens in the episode. Spongebob getting fired has been done before and he gets his job back anyway so there's nothing at stake here.

Talk about disappointing.

AnimationCreated

*Trumpets Intensify*
BabySmitty said:
Because it's horribly paced, obnoxious, and unfunny, is filled with padding, and completely wastes the good/solid plotlines that it actually chose to include. Not to mention that we've already had episodes where Mister Krabs somehow got rid of Spongebob and then regretted it, so it didn't feel fresh at all. Certainly did not warrant a special.

What he said

More

VIP
It's far more that there's absolutely nothing that redeems it than a presence of anything awful, and it's really the only time I can say that's ture.

Spider-man

Flying Dutchman's Sock
BabySmitty said:

Hey, that's offensive to rocks!

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
I don't really hate it, but again, I don't think it's the best episode of SpongeBob. It's too boring to hate or like. I think it's mediocre (clarinet player).

6/10

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy

Out of the Blue said:
This is easily the most boring episode of the entire series. It's 22 minutes of nothing. The plot doesn't go anywhere and none of it is funny. The return of Spongebob's old catchphrase is my favourite part of the episode but it's such a minor part of it and it doesn't lead anywhere.
So, on the plus side, it doesn't do anything heinous. As I said, nothing happens in the episode. Spongebob getting fired has been done before and he gets his job back anyway so there's nothing at stake here.
Talk about disappointing.
Took the words right out of my mouth (I love you two for that).

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Just saw the episode today...

I still like it. I will admit, the first 11 minutes were definitely filler, but it was somewhat good because there were some funny moments and heartwarming ones too, especially with Gary. And Mr. Krabs also said, "You know I love you like a son", and I forgot that line even existed, but I'm happy it does exist.

The second half was when it got better. First of all, the return of, "I'm ready!" Patrick's second head was also funny, and we get some more moments of the characters being good friends to SpongeBob like Patrick telling him to go with his heart, and Sandy encourages him too and also tells him not to eat the substance. (Yeah, very small moments, but that's what I appreciate most)

I found him working at different jobs pretty interesting and seeing him get fired again. And then, more heartwarming moments when Squidward save's SpongeBob and even Mr. Krabs missed him and wanted him back and regret his actions. See, at least he learned a little bit from his huge mistake.

All in all, in my honest opinion, it's a good episode. Yes, like you all said, not the most greatest episode out there, but I'd say it's a good way to spend 30 minutes of your day by watching it :)

And I also found this part to be one of the most adorable things in the show's history:
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=wmeMjJkqSImYep%2Far8%2FwALD5%2Bdbe3OVJAoNp9aTKkDE%3D

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I only hate Mr. Krabs being a cheap psychopath. I really think nowadays he's a psychopath. The episode itself was so bland.

Cha

I love SBM
From what I remember, the second half is literally him walking from restaurant to restaurant crying and then Squidward coming to his rescue, the end. The gag got old.

Back