Why did SOOW get a better review?

Which movie is better?

• Total voters

Diet Dr. Kelp

Floating Shopping List
If any of you have checked Rotten tomatoes you will have noticed that Sponge out of water has got 78 per cent and The Spongebob Squarepants movie has got 68. Now I did like Sponge out of water was a good film (certainty compared to the post-movie episodes) but I kinda think Spongebob the movie was better. It had a better plot and a better moral. So I think rotten tomatoes is reviewing wrong. Tell me what you think.

BaconUnicornsAndSpongeBob

Anyway Rotten Tomatoes can't review something "wrong". It's their opinion.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Deleted posts.

I thought the "shut your mouth..." response was a joke from "Plankton!" when he said "Shut your mouth you mediocre clarinet player." But instead of clarinet player, Diet Dr. Kelp used "forum poster" not as an insult but just as a joke.

Also, I could take "because people don't have to agree with you" could be rude, too.

I'm not trying to be biased at all but you have to look at it from both sides. :dunno:

Now get back on topic.

TheuglyBarnacle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Doowop said:
Because the people at Rotten Tomatoes enjoyed it better.
No, Rotten Tomatoes doesn't work that way. The rating is just a collection of critic ratings. The reason why SOOW got a better rating was because A) there are more critics these days and B) More people like Spongebob

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
ssj4gogita4 said:
Deleted posts.

I thought the "shut your mouth..." response was a joke from "Plankton!" when he said "Shut your mouth you mediocre clarinet player." But instead of clarinet player, Diet Dr. Kelp used "forum poster" not as an insult but just as a joke.

Also, I could take "because people don't have to agree with you" could be rude, too.

I'm not trying to be biased at all but you have to look at it from both sides. :dunno:

Now get back on topic.
Oh ok, I didn't realize it was a reference.

Faux Troll

Moby Dollar
SOOW is much better comedy IMO, while the first movie is more well-written. They are tie to me.

Back