Who makes the Krabby Patties when SpongeBob is not there?

Mr. Fittz

Friends
You can see in some episodes that when SpongeBob arrives at work, you see people (fish) eating Krabby Patties already. My question is, who's responsible for making them when SpongeBob is not there?

MechaWave

Karate Master
Squidward sometimes does. In Hooky he did terrible, though. In Welcome to the Chum Bucket, Mr. Krabs did.

In Bubble Buddy this is quite noticable, it's even SpongeBob's day off (like in Bummer Vacation.)

SpOnGeFaN818

Wumbologist
I think Mr. Krabs is the most likely to make the patties when SpongeBob's not there.

Arkei

Porous Freak
Or maybe the writers never even thought about it.

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
The Patty Vault ^_~
Good point. I think that's what the Patty Vault is for. Good thinkin' ;)
But that point contradicts Welcome to the Chum Bucket, when Mr. Krabs is seen making the patties. Maybe the Patty Vault will be reintroduced in later episodes to explain this. ;)

Not to mention that in Just One Bite, SpongeBob mentioned that every patty must be "made fresh". Otherwise, he'll throw it into the furnace. Edit: The episode does contradict itself... SpongeBob wants the patties fresh, but yet, there's a Patty Vault. Blame the writers for making a contradicting episode. :P

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll

MechaWave

Karate Master
The Patty Vault @_@
Good point. I think that's what the Patty Vault is for. Good thinkin' :thumbsup:
But that point contradicts Welcome to the Chum Bucket, when Mr. Krabs is seen making the patties. Maybe the Patty Vault will be reintroduced in later episodes to explain this. ^_^
Or... maybe Squidward ate most of the patties in the Vault?
There were some left. I think most of those patties came from Employee of the Month, and used in a Patty Vault in Just One Bite, and possibly later episodes SpongeBob refilled the vault after Squidward ate most of them.

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
I still suggest that Mr. Krabs hired that nerdy fish from the end of Graveyard Shift as a substitute fry cook.
But we don't know if he was hired or not. He asked for an application, but it was never shown if he actually got the application or not; it does prove, however, that Mr. Krabs was looking for more employees. This suggests that somebody, other than Mr. Krabs and Squidward, cooks the patties when SpongeBob isn't there.

Remember in Plankton's Army when Mr. Krabs pushes Squidward off the register and takes the robot's order? Mr. Krabs shows that he has knowledge of using the register, which means it's not an impossible thought of knowing how to work a grill.

Also, Squidward and SpongeBob are shown going to work at the same time in Funny Pants; this proves that Squidward could not had been working beforehand. This also proves that the restaurant had not been opened before the employees had to get there.

Although these points may be true, I believe that the writers just haven't thought about this. I really think that if they did, they'd go with Mr. Krabs cooking the patties. Although, Mr. Krabs probably wouldn't be doing it in the first place. The only time Mr. Krabs was seen working was in Bummer Vacation, but he was forced to by laws. With this in mind, the restaurant should had been closed and the writers had messed up. O_o

Back