Who else besides me, was inspired by SpongeBob and Sandy to actually practice karate 🥋🥊?

GrnLeafNinjaMnky22

Baby Clam
So, I've started practicing by joining a real dojo since 2017, but had a few setbacks and challenges that made me stop a few times. But I'm back fully into it since late December of 2020, which was during my beloved mom's final days before her passing on 1/2/2021..😑🙏
But one big thing that karate has taught me much so far, is that "TOUGH TIMES DON'T LAST. TOUGH PEOPLE DO" (My sensei has told me that while I was grieving so hard during the week of her passing, and he and my dojo brothers "helped me spring back up on my feet")
And I've earned my ORANGE BELT late March last year in her honor. As soon as my sensei awarded me the orange belt, I was brought down to my knees and felt her presence. I wish she were still alive to see that moment. But I saw her smiling down proud at me through the ceiling, thanking her for supporting me and being there for me in spirit....🙏
And without karate 🥋, I wouldn't be at a high level in life I am today. I wouldn't be as strong physically, mentally, and spiritually. And couldn't make my mom in heaven even more proud of me for living my life fully for her..

But going back to this curious question I've asked SB fans here, has SB sparked your interest in actually doing karate?

And for me, the things that "pushed me" into doing it:
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Karate Kid (1980s film trilogy) & Cobra Kai
-Naruto (both OG and Shippuden)
and last but not least,
-SpongeBob and Sandy

And one of those things that's keeping me to never stop doing it, is of course, SpongeBob.
So, let me know! This would be an interesting thread!

BTW, even though this is in the Sportz forum, Karate is not a sport. It's a martial art.
More importantly,
A WAY OF LIFE!
😀

Last edited:

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I've never practiced Karate, but this is an inspiring story and post! Sorry about your mother. It sounds like you've made great progress with Karate! Thanks for sharing this!

GrnLeafNinjaMnky22

Baby Clam
I've never practiced Karate, but this is an inspiring story and post! Sorry about your mother. It sounds like you've made great progress with Karate! Thanks for sharing this!
Thanks for the Like on my story. I've came a long way for sure. Especially for my mom in heaven. I just wish I can hear her say how proud is she of me, for having the strength to carry on with my life and living my life to the fullest.
Although I may have some small fears about my own death, but I try to not let those fears get the best of me. And to me, karate 🥋 lets me fight off those fears, by practicing not just in the dojo with my dojo brethren. But also by myself at home or on the soccer ⚽️ field (when my soccer buddies are busy to play some soccer with me) at the park near my house.
My life really isn't complete without it. I wouldn't be at this level of high positive vibes nor would I still be here if I hadn't came back into it during my mother's final days on Earth. It saved me from going into an even deeper depression that I could NEVER get myself out of..

Last edited:
Back