Which SpongeBob Character Would Be A Great Main Character For A Spin-Off

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
Let's say, SpongeBob has ended. And Nickelodeon (BEING NICKELODEON) decided that the show should have a spin-off. And they came down here to our humble forums to ask "Which character would do best if given the job of being a main character for a SpongeBob spin-off".

Obviously, there will be many choices. But I, on paper, would pick Sandy.

First, her character is most flexible. It's hard to make Sandy OOC because she's very flexible. She can be on a mindless rampage. She can be a super-friendly southern belle. She can act all tough. She can even act all smart. So she doesn't have to be put in a certain situation. While lovable cast members like Plankton or Squidward has to be placed in a certain setting to exploit their best. Plankton HAS to have Krabs with him. Squidward HAS to have annoying substances to drive him nuts.

She also has an interestingly mysterious background. Which would be the perfect idea for a spin-off. An adventure with Sandy before her Bikini Bottom days. It would have massive potential. And if it works, the new spin-off would be another massive ratings trap.

Although I wouldn't buy into the whole "spin-off" idea. I would even say that it's a terrible idea to create an SB spin-off. But if it happened ...

Which character would you promote? :)
I Wanna See Sandy Cheeks Before She Moved to Bikini Bottom; See her Fight her Reoccuring Archnemeses, Dirty Dan & Pinhead Larry(and See what they actually looked like); See Her Kick A*** and Ride in A Rodeo; See Her Competing in a Science Fair; See Her Wrestling a Male; See Her Escape with that Farmer's BBQ Nuts like Plankton Stealing the Formula(Unlike Plankton who Always fails to steal the Formula; Sandy ALWAYS Wins and escapes with the Nuts; and the Farmer is always foiled in his attempts to keep his nuts safe from her); etc.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
If Sandy Cheeks went back to Texas, that would have many possible plotlines (Dirty Dan and Pinhead Larry as the villians anyone?
I Whole-Heartedly Agree; I've Always Wondered what it was like for her back in Texas; I Really wish we got to see more of her Past before Heading to Bikini Bottom. . .

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I can't believe this thread predicted the SCU (SpongeBob Cinematic Universe)

Anyway to answer the question, a Sandy prequel set in Texas or a show starring Plankton would be my choices
I Agree with the Sandy Prequel set in Texas; that's what I want. . . We don't get to see enough of Sandy texas Pre-Bikini Bottom; I Wanna see her defend her rodeo title; I wanna see her fight Dirty Dan & Pinhead Larry; I wanna see everything we never got to see; like Texas itself. . .

Miru

Banished
Kenny the Cat or Realistic Fish Head. The latter would be a nice spoof news show.

Back