Which Is It? Wet Painters/The KKTV or Chocolate With Nuts/MM&BB V?

Which one is funnier?

• Total voters

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
The Ultimatum of Episodes, as I call it. Which sister episodes would you go with? The suspenseful yet very funny Wet Painters, paired up with the very unique and brilliant Krusty Krab Training Video, or on the other side, the very hilarious yet very clever Chocolate With Nuts, and the heart-warming ride of a conclusion episode to the MermainMan and BarnacleBoy penology?

50 or 52?

I personally, can't even decide to be honest with you.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Chocolate with Nuts > Wet Painters > KKTV > Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V

So yeah kinda makes this hard to pick

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
I just went with Wet Painter/KKTV because, honestly, I don't care all that much for CWN and I can't remember MM&BB5 for the life of me.

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
Personally:
Wet Painters
MM&BB V
Chocolate with Nuts
The KKTV

But I feel CWN/MM&BB V is better.

dmandaboi

I love SBM
Wet Painters & KKTV are easily two of the funniest episodes of the show. I could probably quote at least 5 godly lines from each episode.

Chocolate with Nuts and MM/BB V are better episodes storywise though (especially the latter of the two).

It's really hard to pick the best because these are four really strong segments. But I ultimately went with episode 52, due to CwN having a lot of comedy akin to WP and KKTV, and also having a more complex plot (I guess..?).

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Comedy wise, WP/KKTV is superior. Chocolate with Nuts is on the same level of comedy as the two, but MM&BB V is nowhere near as funny as those episodes. Likewise, MM&BB V is heavily story driven, while KKTV has little to no story. Overall, though, I'd say WP/KKTV is better, just out of the fact that KKTV is such a unique experiment that worked incredibly.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
McSponge said:
Comedy wise, WP/KKTV is superior. Chocolate with Nuts is on the same level of comedy as the two, but MM&BB V is nowhere near as funny as those episodes. Likewise, MM&BB V is heavily story driven, while KKTV has little to no story. Overall, though, I'd say WP/KKTV is better, just out of the fact that KKTV is such a unique experiment that worked incredibly.
Yes, but MM&BB V has some really good gags too. I think the whole E.V.I.L. thing is rivaling P.O.O.P. in being hilarious, and the whole thing with the chief, the way the hero's destroy themselves, and the dark side gag was very funny.

Just the ridiculousness of SpongeBob and friends being superheros with a chief similar to Bat Man, is just so funny the way they play it. I do agree the story is on a higher pedestal, and the comedy isn't as great as the other three, but the comedy can be highly respected out of the last MM&BB episode, in my opinion at least.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
FinnDinner said:
Yes, but MM&BB V has some really good gags too. I think the whole E.V.I.L. thing is rivaling P. o.o.P. in being hilarious, and the whole thing with the chief, the way the hero's destroy themselves, and the dark side gag was very funny.

Just the ridiculousness of SpongeBob and friends being superheros with a chief similar to Bat Man, is just so funny the way they play it. I do agree the story is on a higher pedestal, and the comedy isn't as great as the other three, but the comedy can be highly respected out of the last MM&BB episode, in my opinion at least.
I agree that MM&BB V does have a lot of great gags, but as a whole, it doesn't match up to the sharpness of the other three episodes.

nobody

Imitation Krab
Surprised that 52 isn't better in general.

I picked 50 because those episodes' jokes are the ones that never gets old with unique concepts for their time. "Wet Painters" looks simple and bland, but it's very well executed with plenty of hilarious gags. I don't think it's as good as its sister episode because of SpongeBob and Patrick thinking Mr. Krabs panicked when he knew about the stained dollar when it was actually his knick-knacks, which that joke was irritating and repetitive. There's also some more poor jokes in that episode, but there isn't really enough to bring this episode down. You know why the latter's superb in every way.

As for Chocolate With Nuts and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, they're just average episodes in my opinion. The former feels really bland and barely any of the jokes struck me due to them being an overused meme I keep seeing on the internet or it just drags on (like the scene with Mary and her mother). The latter's the worst of them all due to it having an awkwardly stupid setup with Mermaid Man ordering a "Pipsqueak Patty" for Barnacle Boy, treating him as if he was ACTUALLY a boy. Like @McSponge said, it's not as funny as the other aforementioned episodes, but there's decent slapstick.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
nobody said:
Surprised that 52 isn't better in general.

I picked 50 because those episodes' jokes are the ones that never gets old with unique concepts for their time. "Wet Painters" looks simple and bland, but it's very well executed with plenty of hilarious gags. I don't think it's as good as its sister episode because of SpongeBob and Patrick thinking Mr. Krabs panicked when he knew about the stained dollar when it was actually his knick-knacks, which that joke was irritating and repetitive. There's also some more poor jokes in that episode, but there isn't really enough to bring this episode down. You know why the latter's superb in every way.

As for Chocolate With Nuts and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, they're just average episodes in my opinion. The former feels really bland and barely any of the jokes struck me due to them being an overused meme I keep seeing on the internet or it just drags on (like the scene with Mary and her mother). The latter's the worst of them all due to it having an awkwardly stupid setup with Mermaid Man ordering a "Pipsqueak Patty" for Barnacle Boy, treating him as if he was ACTUALLY a boy. Like @McSponge said, it's not as funny as the other aforementioned episodes, but there's decent slapstick.
Completely disagree with your reasoning for Wet Painters, Chocolate With Nuts, and MM&BB V, however it appears that you just personally find things not that funny, which is nothing to hold against anyone, comedy is subjective, and I find that whole sequence of them hiding the dollar from Mr. Krabs to be so funny. I ignore the memes when going into Chocolate With Nuts, and I think it's within character to do that to Barnacle Boy, but that's just me. I understand all of your points, and I guess that's why it makes this poll unique.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I prefer the all-out absurdity of Episode 50’s episodes, though I’ll admit Episode 52 has better stories with a beginning and end. 50’s are more like a string of gags, which makes them a lot easier for me to pick up and watch. Besides, Chocolate With Nuts has the old lady, and KKTV has the Hoopla kid. Choose wisely.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
El Jacko said:
Wet Painters/The Krusty Krab Training Video is better in all categories. I love Chocolate With Nuts but it's not the best episode while MM&BB V is not that great but I still like it tbh. Wet Painters and KKTV are more hilarious. Probably the best episode pair in the series.
Even in the story department, it just doesn't compare?

Zombies4EvaDude

Imitation Krab
I just went with Wet Painter/KKTV because, honestly, I don't care all that much for CWN and I can't remember MM&BB5 for the life of me.
Yeah, they should’ve gone with the original script for MM&BB5 and made it a double length special. Certainly would’ve been better than any of the other Season 3 Specials, all of which flopped.

Awe

Floating Shopping List
West Painters > Chocolate With Nuts > KKTV > MM&BB V

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
KKTV is my favorite episode of the series, so that tops the three other 11-minuters. Wet Painters and Chocolate with Nuts are both really funny episodes, with simple premises, and the writers made them work in such a fun way. MM&BBV is an action-packed delight with some comedy and heartwarming moments put into it.
I can never tell which half-hour is better, so let's just say that I like both (including KKTV).

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
I’ll say Wet Painters/KKTV two equally solid and hilarious episodes but season 3 had some of the best episode pairings in the series Wet Painters/KKTV Chocolate With Nuts/MM&BB V Nasty Patty/Idiot Box

Last edited:
Back