Which half of SpongeBob seasons are better?

Which half of Spongebob seasons that are usally better?

• The first half

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • The Second half

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
People seem to say Season 3's later episodes were mediocre, but I found them good. I'd say Season 4's first half is better than its second.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
The first half is generally fresher and makes a bigger splash, but I’m left remembering the second half a bit more, for whatever reason. Only four of my favourite episodes per season are in the first half through (Pizza Delivery, The Krusty Plate, Not Normal and Mimic Madness), so I went with second.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
I personally think the first half of most of the Spongebob seasons so far is better than the 2nd half because I find myself looking back episodes from the 1st half of most Spongebob seasons way more than the 2nd half of most Spongebob seasons. In a matter of fact, my least favorite episodes of every season so far ( not including 12, since that just started. ) are in the 2nd half.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
It's really hard to choose honestly, because although yes, the first half has funnier and more memorable episodes, the second half is really good too, and very underappriciated.I agree with ssj though, you need to specify the exact seasons. I just chose the first half because my top 3 episodes are from the earlier seasons such as something smells, band geeks, and snowball effect.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
It's really hard to choose honestly, because although yes, the first half has funnier and more memorable episodes, the second half is really good too, and very underappriciated.I agree with ssj though, you need to specify the exact seasons. I just chose the first half because my top 3 episodes are from the earlier seasons such as something smells, band geeks, and snowball effect.

Season 1 to 11, any seasons but 12.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
When I mean half of this season, I mean splitting the season episode in half. Only episodes pairings and specials count ( With the exception of one season ). Like this

Season 1: Episodes 1 to 10: 1st half, Episodes 11 to 20: 2nd half

Same goes to season 2,3,4, and 5.The season number of 6,7,8,9, and 11 are 26. So let's split it to 13 since 13×2=26

Like this

Season 6: Episodes 1 to 13: 1st half, episodes 14 to 26: 2nd half.

Now for season 10, That is debatable, since season 10 has 11, instead of 20, or 26, and 11 isn't a even number, and to me, it's easier for me to split even numbers. If I have to choose, I will choose the first 5 episodes and the 1st segments of episode 6 for the first half, and the 2nd segment of the 6 episode and all the way up to episode 11 is the 2nd half.

Last edited:

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
i like almost all seasons except for 7, 10 & 11

i know i don't like one episode from the first season- Fools in April

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Seasons that have better first half’s: Seasons 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11.
Seasons that have better second half’s: Seasons 3, 6, 7, 10.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
It varies from season to season.

Season 1 - Second
Season 2 - Second
Season 3 - First
Season 4 - First
Season 5 - First
Season 6 - About the same
Season 7 - Second (the second half isn't much better, but the first half has a lot of the show's absolute worst episodes)
Season 8 - Second
Season 9 - Second, hands down

I haven't seen enough of Season 10 onwards to judge those.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
1: Second half, needed time to get its bearings
2: First half (best stretch of the entire show IMO)
3: First half
4: First Half
5: Toss up...probably First half
6: First half
7: Definitely second half
8: Second half
9: definitely second half
10-12 i don't really care tbh.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Seasons:
1: Second half, first half was mostly introductions
2: First half
3: First half
4: First half
5: idk
6: Second half
7: Second half
8: Second half
9: DEFINITELY second half
10: short season so no
11: both halves are good
12: second half

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
Season 6, 7, and 8 all feel the same throughout their seasons to me

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The first half of season 3 might be better, but the second really isn't that much of a stepdown. It still managed to stay very high-quality throughout (Plankton's Army is my favorite Plankton story of all time, and Missing Identity is an underappreciated masterpiece), and even the weakest episode is still good.

Season 1: Second half, but it's very close
Season 2: Both are about equal
Season 3: First half
Season 4: First half
Season 5: The second half is more consistent, but the first half contains the only episode I gave a full 10/10 (New Digs/Krabs à la Mode). The first half also has my least favorite (Fungus Among Us), but it's not like the second is without its misfires (Atlantis SquarePantis/WhoBob WhatPants). I guess I pick the first half, but only juuuuust about.
Season 6: Going through it right now, so will give my answer on this later. Same with the other seasons.

Back