When The Show Turned Bad

EM.

Moby Dollar
I seriously hate seeing people still think that immediately everything after the movie is bad, seasons 4 and 5 are highly underrated because of this, there are even episodes that people say were originally written for season 3 even tho they weren't, those being The Lost Mattress, Good Neighbors, Krusty Towers, Whale Of A Birthday, Patrick Smartpants, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI the motion picture, and season 5 I would agree isn't as good as the first four seasons but it's not terrible, there are still some good memorable episodes, and the ones that aren't as good are mediocre at best, I get that they are not as good as the first three seasons but that does not make them trash seasons, and as for season 10 and 11 I feel like they could be better in terms of gags, the over expressive stuff really makes it hard to like, sure the episode plots are new but the way the gags are handled just ruin them for me, but seasons 4 and 5 are not trash seasons, and I hope more people know that.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
I seriously hate seeing people still think that immediately everything after the movie is bad, seasons 4 and 5 are highly underrated because of this, there are even episodes that people say were originally written for season 3 even tho they weren't, those being The Lost Mattress, Good Neighbors, Krusty Towers, Whale Of A Birthday, Patrick Smartpants, and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI the motion picture, and season 5 I would agree isn't as good as the first four seasons but it's not terrible, there are still some good memorable episodes, and the ones that aren't as good are mediocre at best, I get that they are not as good as the first three seasons but that does not make them trash seasons, and as for season 10 and 11 I feel like they could be better in terms of gags, the over expressive stuff really makes it hard to like, sure the episode plots are new but the way the gags are handled just ruin them for me, but seasons 4 and 5 are not trash seasons, and I hope more people know that.
Well,most fans can pick up the few best episodes in the worst seasons. (e.g. Sand Castles in the Sand in Season 6, Frozen Face-Off in Season 8). That's simply because every true SpongeBob fan have experienced the show's downfall, usually due to the leave of old writers (e.g. Kaz). And also, everybody believes that Good Neighbors is the turning point of the series' success.

Every SB fans' opinion is this way. Some fans loyally stayed in the show. Some of them quit. It's hard to underestimate and/or persuade such SB fans' attitudes. If the show actually ended in 2004, what other show will it relate to our daily lives? Some SB memes die quickly.

EM.

Moby Dollar
Well,most fans can pick up the few best episodes in the worst seasons. (e.g. Sand Castles in the Sand in Season 6, Frozen Face-Off in Season 8). That's simply because every true SpongeBob fan have experienced the show's downfall, usually due to the leave of old writers (e.g. Kaz). And also, everybody believes that Good Neighbors is the turning point of the series' success.

Every SB fans' opinion is this way. Some fans loyally stayed in the show. Some of them quit. It's hard to underestimate and/or persuade such SB fans' attitudes. If the show actually ended in 2004, what other show will it relate to our daily lives? Some SB memes die quickly.
Very true, some people just think what a rating is, I like to watch any episode and love seeing the jokes, the only thing I don't like is the flanderization of characters, but yea I like all of them, and true fans don't go by ratings they go by what they like. Also I would really like to know the origin of that rumor that the season 4 episodes I listed were written for season 3, because some people actually think it was as a fact, it's very disrespectful and I would also like an image or the tweet of Vincent Waller confirming they were written for season 4.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I'm not a fan of Screen Rant, I'm past the phase of taking trending topic clickbait commentary videos seriously. SB's decline was very gradual to me, a mixed bag of good and bad in Seasons 4 and 5, then a consistent slew of mediocrity and bad in Seasons 6 and 7.

Stimul

Banished
screen rant hates the newer eras but for all the wrong reasons. we currently are in the dark ages still but there's so much to pinpoint on why it's garbage. the change of style that doesn't fit with the show originally, the flanderization of characters, the dumbing down of humor and still being cliched and too mean-spirited for no reason besides out of character writing, the unappealing expressions that are shown that the artists have talent but it doesn't fit the show, needs a complete revamp since it's been old since it first came out that it makes most of post-movie look like can you spare a dime

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
I personally think the show has made a decent comeback in terms of quality compared to the dark seasons (seasons 6-8) but am I the only one who gets upset when people use Hillenburg's death as a debate point against Season 12? even though Hillenburg was alive when Season 12 got it's set order it place and was wrapping up. Tom Kenny said Steve after he got the ALS news, wrote a roadplan for the show when he would pass away and told the crew to carry on the show after he would pass away. Its gross

Back