When should the Christmas season officially begin?

just read the question

• Right after Halloween. I can't get enough Christmas.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thanksgiving.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Not until December 1.

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Other (please specify in the thread)

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Personally, I consider the Christmas season to start with the beginning of Advent, which this year falls on Sunday, November 27th.

Though I have no objection to anyone celebrating it earlier or later. :)

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
I hate that Halloween didn't even pass yet and TV commercials are talking about Christmas. What about Halloween or Thanksgiving?

I think it should start somewhere between thanksgiving and Dec 1st (AMERICAN thanksgiving not Canadian)

Squiddit

existence is pain
Any time of the year, as long as advertisers don't see it. I'm tired of how advertisers keep taking advantage of Christmas to sell merchandise and make ::dolphin noise::ty movies, going against the spirit of Christmas.
(i just noticed i literally paid hardly any attention to the actual point of the thread, so I'd say december 20-30. i'm pretty sure christmas isn't meant to be dragged out a whole month)

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
There's absolutely no reason for stores to put out Christmas stuff in October. The first half of November I also don't think is a good idea, but I think the second half is an okay time to start putting stuff (A little bit before Thanksgiving) up in stores mainly due to Christmas shopping getting busy. Don't go full-Christmas mode until after Thanksgiving though.

Hoopla!

Pepper Jack Cheese
After the parade.

Seeing Christmas stuff as I flick through channels like HSN gets me in a bad mood.

PinkPearl

insert title here
EmployeeAMillion said:
I've always started celebrating Christmas on December 1 (that's when you break those wonderful Advent calenders out), but for some reason, I don't get into the Halloween spirit until the middle of October, despite both being relatively near the end of the month. I guess I'm more into Christmas than Halloween.
Yeah, Halloween is something that I really don't feel needs to last the entire month :P I do put up my decorations earlier in October but don't really start feeling festive until about a week before.

A Lonely Fishstick said:
Any time of the year, as long as advertisers don't see it. I'm tired of how advertisers keep taking advantage of Christmas to sell merchandise and make ::dolphin noise::ty movies, going against the spirit of Christmas.
(i just noticed i literally paid hardly any attention to the actual point of the thread, so I'd say december 20-30. i'm pretty sure christmas isn't meant to be dragged out a whole month)
Normally I'm okay with Christmas commercials and such, but when they come out so early it's almost like they're making the holiday solely about shopping. I enjoy picking the perfect things for my family and see the joy on their faces, but it's not what the holiday is about at all. I do love Christmas movies though. So fun and festive.

TheArabicArowana

After Thanksgiving. Though when it comes to house decorations and buying gifts and what not, I can understand. Sometimes you just want to get it over with.

Back