When do/did your Christmas decorations get shown the door?

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
So... here we are on January the twelfth and I've still got good ol' Dougie the fir at my back towering over the computer. Personally, I think of it as being only six days after Christmas, instead of eighteen, in order to stanch some of the silliness of still having them up.

So, yeah, Doug's still here, as are most of the other decorations. They'll probably be taken down sometime this week. In our defense, we have so many decorations that taking them down and storing them properly is a massive project, not something that can be easily done in thirty minutes on December 26th.

Myself, I like having them up a little into January. It lets the spirit linger! Why make it go away sooner? :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
For us it was a few days after Christmas, because my Dad needed them to come down so he could paint the living room. And the living room is basically the only place we had decorations up anyway.

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius
I don't know when to take them down, I'd even kind of forgotten they were up but- I kind of have a thing of not picking up my presents until June. :O

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
December 29th, 30th. Usually I keep it up longer, but this year was different.

Hoopla!

Pepper Jack Cheese
We stuffed most of our Christmas decorations in the shed after New Year's, but the ornaments...I'm not so sure. :confused:

bookgirl

Read a book
Well my dad always followed my grandmother's advice and so he probably took his decorations down when the last wise man visited baby Jesus.

As for our house, my sister and I took them down two fridays ago. It was super depressing and annoying as hell.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Usually the first weekend of January as it's bad luck to keep them up past a certain date in my family, can't remember which exactly.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
Usually the first weekend of January as it's bad luck to keep them up past a certain date in my family, can't remember which exactly.
Pardon me for asking, but WHY is it bad luck to keep the tree up?

As for me, my Christmas tree is still standing (although we don't turn it on and make it light up and play Christmas music anymore), and my dad and I joked about it staying up until June as my uncle is apparently really lazy about taking down decorations. @_@

Back