When did YouTube peak?

Starting Year

• Total voters

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
When do you think YouTubers put out their most memorable and long-lasting content?
The range for me is 2008-2012, around the time corporations started to get their grubby hands on the site, but you still had honest, normal people trying to make videos that were funny to millions of other honest, normal people. When people think of YouTube, videos like “Bed Intruder”, “Nyan Cat” and “David After Dentist” are what they think about.
Around 2013, music videos came to dominate the site’s top recommendations (which would be followed by countless watered down fads), and content creators began to care about their sub count and overall popularity more than doing cool things.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. 2012 was the end of the Golden Age. After that YouTube just wasn't the same. There's still good content, but more often than not it's the sanitized garbage with no personality that's in the forefront.

krabbykrabs

Imitation Krab
Most videos don't seem authentic anymore on YT. it all seems to look like a professional production like on TV. everyone doing it for the clickbait and views.

Back