Show News When did SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship peak

When did spongebob and patrick's friendship peak

• Total voters

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Season 1>season 3>season 2>the rest(but seasons 4-5>6-13)
I think that many of season 1 episodes were about their great friendship: Bubblestand, Naughty Nautical Neighbors, Home Sweet Pineapple, Hall Monitor, Sandy's Rocket, Texas, Nature Pants, Opposite Day and so on and so forth.
Season 3 is a bit better than season 2 in term of their friendship because it has some more good episodes for this: Chocolate With Nuts, Wet Painters, Club Spongebob, Snowball Effect, New Student Starfish, Mid-Life Crustacean, etc.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I agree with Bigsmoker that their dynamic was probably at its best in season 1. And for me that's mostly because they didn't really develop Patrick much as a character by that point, so he worked very well with SpongeBob because all he was there for was to support SpongeBob, you know? But then they gave him more character traits and episodes focused on him after that, which was a good thing for his character (made him funnier, more enjoyable to watch), but it also made the dynamic between SpongeBob and Patrick not quite what it used to be.

And then of course after the first few seasons they started making Patrick downright antagonistic towards SpongeBob at times which is still a baffling decision to me. Recently though, they've brought back some of their old dynamic (that moment in "Moving Bubble Bass" got really popular for multiple reasons).

Back