What's a habit you should have stopped when you were younger, but continue to do?

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
Mine: sitting cross-legged in a chair.

It feels so comfy and secure, but it's also gets dirt on my pants and makes it harder to get out of the chair. It's also really impractical...I won't be decent at, say, a job interview or family dinner or wherever if I sit like that.

I could have stopped a lot of things. "Should have" is purely subjective though XD

Some would say it would be a curse or stupid to be an adult that still plays dress up, partake in live action roleplay, have an imagination, etc etc but it's what I love and what makes my life fulfilling and meaningful. The tricky part is balancing it with adult responsibility >_<

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
Oh boy, I have a lot of bad habits, I had them ever since I was a little kid. But if I was to pick one, mine would be on chewing on pens. It's always been addicting for me to chew on pens, sometimes when I get mad, or when i'm just bored, I just bite them.

PinkPearl

insert title here
Alex Squarepants said:
Oh boy, I have a lot of bad habits, I had them ever since I was a little kid. But if I was to pick one, mine would be on chewing on pens. It's always been addicting for me to chew on pens, sometimes when I get mad, or when i'm just bored, I just bite them.
Sometimes I do that too, and I didn't even realize it until now.

Something I also do is click my mouse a lot, or highlight text on screen as I'm reading it, or click and hold down the cursor to make squares as my desktop is loading. It's not a BAD habit necessarily, but it's probably something that would come across as strange to other people.

SarahGiraffe

Giant Clam
PinkPearl said:
Sometimes I do that too, and I didn't even realize it until now.

Something I also do is click my mouse a lot, or highlight text on screen as I'm reading it, or click and hold down the cursor to make squares as my desktop is loading. It's not a BAD habit necessarily, but it's probably something that would come across as strange to other people.
I do that, too!

Amiaprettygirl

I love the sponge! I need the sponge! ;)
I cut the crusts off my sandwiches
Im realy picky eater
I cut my toe nails really short.
Also I sit on my feet, I know it's bad for my knees but every where i go i sit like that skool, restaurants, right now. I can't stop
download.jpg

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
Procrastination. It's getting so bad that I don't have motivations to do my homeworks anymore.

ooooooofy

hello! :)
okay well i have a loooong list of things coz like i guess i am messed up or maybe i am just a late bloomer so i still do a bunch of kiddie stuff!!! :sorcerer:

I am 15 and I eat off the lil kid menu (which is usually 12 and under or less!!) coz I do not like fancy food I just like mac n cheese and spaghetti noodles :sbthumbs:

i pick at my fingernails and the areas around them a lot :haylp: like seriously they r ugly and gross and have a bunch of scabs and dried blood :patgross: but I can't help it!!! at least I do not bite them like I used to!!

also idk if adults do this but I doodle a whole lot on my school papers and stuff :doodlebob: and I like rip the corners off and fold it it drives my teachers crazy!!!! (one time my english teacher waz like "u ate ur homework!!" coz there was a bite-shaped peice ripped off in the corner lolz)

speaking of school I am a big procrastinator :sandyomg: like srsly I NEVER do my homework ever and like if there is a project I don't know how to do I will just not do it:0000 like the only reason I did the biology project is coz the teacher is real scary and she will yell at me if I did not do it and it was a group project and my partner was counting on me for a good grade:000 and even then i did it all the two nights before it is due and I did not even get it finished or do a good job on it as u can tell I get really stressed out by this :haylp: so let's move on!!!

also as u can see (that was my second grade teacher's favorite phrase)(i am just rambling at this point) I really try to use a lot of emoticons on internet things coz I feel way too serious when I do not :yell: like it really scares me I know I do it to the point where it's really annoying but I just can't help it :( I just suppose reality is too much for me I need to add some relief!!

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Procrastination for me too!!! I still try to get over it but I can't . I have exams in 5 days and I study every day now (that's why you don't get to see me here a lot..) and I am like ''George (that's my name) , start studying, leave your phone, start reading it or it get night and you are not going to hang out with friends'' Today Wednesday I was originally going to hang out with my best friend Viara but at first IT WAS RAINING -.- and it wasn't even predicted rain for here..it was supposed to be partly cloudy...and then STUDYING..because PROCRASTINATION...I have to get over with it :/

Back