What Year Would The Nicktoons Be Set In?

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
This has been slightly bugging me with the idea of a Nicktoons Movie recently.

If it's supposed to be a movie dedicated to reviving the Nicktoons that are shown on The Splat at the moment (Doug, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, CatDog, Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power & Ginger), then I'd assume that it would take place in at least 2000. However, that just raises the question on how they're gonna take SpongeBob out of it, because 2000-2001 was when he rose to being the network's mascot, despite Ginger still starting out. Maybe they'll just set it in the 1990s and not really care too much about when Ginger is supposed to be.

Then there's the whole mess with Doug being brought by Disney in 1996, as well as the trying to find a way to say that the shows that ended by the time Ginger debuted (Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko and Real Monsters) are still alive, kicking and representing Nickelodeon. Honestly, the more you look into it, the harder it gets to try and find a way to make it so that all the Retro Nicktoons will be in the same room together!

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but what do you guys think?

The Drifter

Some person.
Yeah, you're looking to deep into this. Adding up to what Supmandude says, there's no reason to mention a year because when did a Nicktoon show ever mentions the year the show takes place anyway? For other Nickelodeon cartoon show, Avatar are the series that have a concrete date set, and they're using fictional calendar.

Back