What Would You Do Different?

Night-Waker

Moby Dollar
I've been thinking about more about this, and I have a way to knock out two birds with one stone. I think I may have shared this on here once before a long time ago, but here it is again.

Okay, so I would fix both Atlantis SquarePantis and Clash of Triton by combining the plots of the two episodes. So the beginning mostly plays out more or less the same as AS (except this time all the stuff involving Atlantis having everything they love (The money, science, art, world's oldest bubble, etc.) is cut. Instead they all go to Atlantis because you know... it's BLOODY ATLANTIS! Instead of the Atlantians being aliens, it's home to Neptune and all the other gods and goddesses. The gang still gets a tour of the place, but it's not nearly as long as in the actual episode and mainly serves to explain the history of Atlantis.

Anyway at one point SpongeBob ends up getting separated from the group and gets lost, eventually stumbling upon the place where Triton is imprisoned. From there idk Triton tricks SpongeBob into freeing him and it's basically CoT where Triton now hates mortals and wants revenge on his dad and all that. One thing leads to another and it all culminates to a totally epic showdown between (a now OP) Triton, Neptune and all the other gods/goddesses (With of course SpongeBob and his friends doing their part to save the day).

The songs could still be in it, except this time they would actually help advance the plot and have a purpose. The Patchy segments could also stay too, just make them more entertaining I guess.

This has gotten kinda long and ramble-ly so I'll just stop there. I've just had this idea for a long time now and I really like it XD

Simon

Eating Cheese Since 1906
I've been thinking about more about this, and I have a way to knock out two birds with one stone. I think I may have shared this on here once before a long time ago, but here it is again.

Okay, so I would fix both Atlantis SquarePantis and Clash of Triton by combining the plots of the two episodes. So the beginning mostly plays out more or less the same as AS (except this time all the stuff involving Atlantis having everything they love (The money, science, art, world's oldest bubble, etc.) is cut. Instead they all go to Atlantis because you know... it's BLOODY ATLANTIS! Instead of the Atlantians being aliens, it's home to Neptune and all the other gods and goddesses. The gang still gets a tour of the place, but it's not nearly as long as in the actual episode and mainly serves to explain the history of Atlantis.

Anyway at one point SpongeBob ends up getting separated from the group and gets lost, eventually stumbling upon the place where Triton is imprisoned. From there idk Triton tricks SpongeBob into freeing him and it's basically CoT where Triton now hates mortals and wants revenge on his dad and all that. One thing leads to another and it all culminates to a totally epic showdown between (a now OP) Triton, Neptune and all the other gods/goddesses (With of course SpongeBob and his friends doing their part to save the day).

The songs could still be in it, except this time they would actually help advance the plot and have a purpose. The Patchy segments could also stay too, just make them more entertaining I guess.

This has gotten kinda long and ramble-ly so I'll just stop there. I've just had this idea for a long time now and I really like it XD
What would the episode be called?

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I'd definitely rewrite Breath of Fresh Squidward. That episode is an abomination. I'd keep the first half intact, but I wouldn't make SpongeBob such a selfish, out-of-character jerk in the second half. If anything, I'd make it that bad luck would happen to SpongeBob consistently (And it's not characters acting like jerks, it's Squidward having negative affects on his life), but he manages to keep his cool, until Squidward causes trouble by accident at the party, which is when SpongeBob blows up at Squidward (Which makes his blow up justified). Squid goes to his house sobbing, while everyone at the party yells at SpongeBob for yelling at Squidward when what Squid did was merely an accident (Make Squidward all apologetic too after he causes harm to SpongeBob, before SpongeBob's blowup). Then, have SpongeBob walk up to a mirror "Oh, what do they know?" he says to himself, suddenly, his reflection comes to life, and tells SpongeBob about how he should find it in his heart to forgive Squidward, as we have flashbacks to SpongeBob causing harm to Squidward. SpongeBob realizes how much of a hypocrite he is, and quickly rushes to Squid's house. Squid keeps crying, even after SpongeBob's apology. Squidward says he doesn't want to cause SpongeBob anymore harm, and how he wants the two of them to still be friends. During this, Squidward ends up touching the electric fence, causing him to revert to normal. Also, he remembers everything that happened while he was nice. He then accepts SpongeBob's apology, and apologizes for how he's caused harm to SpongeBob. The episode ends with SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward Pogo-dancing to some Kelpy G. music, (Maybe ending with Squid being proud of who he is, in terms of his personality). You can include humor in this as well. With the exception of the apology scene, other scenes can be funny.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
No Patchy in Atlantis SquarePantis. Not sure what I'd have in place, but as long as it's relevant to the main SB plot, then it'll probably end up being better.

PinkPearl

insert title here
I'd give Gone an ending that actually makes sense and isn't mean spirited. That episode seems like they really rushed an ending and didn't have ideas. Oh, and I'd show Spongebob's descent into insanity in a way that doesn't involve the boat.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
i would mix clash of triton alantis sqarepantis and truth or square
so the starts with the blow a bubble song then spongebob and patrick go into a bubble that lands on haalf the medallion then they go to the museum and reunite the other half then spongebob sandy patrick mr krabs end up on the bus andland at alantis
where they meet neptune and mindy and triton and they tour around then tritions triton ends up sending the main cast and triton through a bunch of events of the show and spongebob tells past squidward about how he's gonna work at the krusty krab then squidward rushes to the kk and locks all the doors thus making it so spongebob never works their then he ends up working for plankton and thanks to that event the characters all get knocked into diffrent episodes
the episode title
for all the memories part 1

Growlie

Best Boy
Another one I'd redo is Smooth Jazz In Bikini Bottom. Here's a refresher.

So, Almost everything would remain the same, except leave Patrick Out of that concert! Then just keep the moment's between Squidward and SpongeBob, and have Squidward enjoy the concert. Then, when Squidward meets Kelpy G, he'll try to impress Kelpy G but, just the same, Kelpy G would reject Squidward's clarinet in favor of SpongeBob's... I forgot what it was. But, SpongeBob would notice Squidward's disappointment and when Kelpy G invites SpongeBob to preform along side him, SpongeBob would Refuse to play without Squidward. Apologizing to Kelpy G SpongeBob would leave with Squidward, in which Squidward would... of course be touched but... we know Squidward might not admit it out loud. So with one last funny line from Squidward, he and SpongeBob would leave.

So, what do you think? Would this have made the episode alittle better? The more I thought about it, SpongeBob Should've said or noticed something! Squidward's supposed to be his friend, or so SpongeBob thinks, so he shouldn't have preformed without Squidward, at least, that's what I think.

Night-Waker

Moby Dollar
(Sorry for the double post) For Extreme Spots make it less of a montage of SpongeBob, Patrick, and the Drasticals doing stunts and give it more of an actual story.

Also get rid of that random British fish. He's really annoying imo.

ChubbyWubbzy

Baby Clam
- Jokes are less to get to and more childish.
- Animation was upgraded to all done only on a computer.
- Long jokes. (Some that are unnecessary/pointless.)

Seasons 4-8 had their moments, but yeah, I wouldn't erase everything after Season 3.

Last edited:

ChubbyWubbzy

Baby Clam
If I would make an episode different, it would be the Season 9 special "SpongeBob, You're Fired".
I would change one scene of the beginning, along with the middle to the end of it.

First, Mr. Krabs would immediately stop SpongeBob from crying, as he explains it would get his customers to leave and Krabs won't let that happen again, because it first happened with her daughter Pearl when she complained about her Acne.
(When it happened: Barnacle Face - Season 8, Episode 164, Segment A)

The rest of the scene then would then be mostly the same, Krabs try to get him out of the Building, he tries to bawl some more, Squidward then slaps him out of it, saying that it can get annoying & distracting. He would then put a cork in his mouth. Then he dollies him out of the building, drops him off and still says: "You know, it just won't be the same around here without you. You'll have to visit sometime..."

Second, Sandy's psychological test food wouldn't be chum-based, with toxic waste thrown in.
Instead, it would be a batch of Brownies, but made mostly of Peanut Butter.

Third, fast forward to the middle of the special, after things not working out at Weenie Hut & Pizza Piehole, the bit-of-messy mishap still happens at Taco Sombrero, but this time, he doesn't fire him. Instead, he gets the customers that tried the "Burrito Burger" cleaned off, then gets him to tweak the thing he made, eventually to be a sandwich made of thick Tortilla "buns" and a few weeks pass, and it becomes the most ordered product on the menu. Because of that rewrite, Patrick would then have have no more involvement whatsoever.

Because the show has no continuity whatsoever, he would have to get his real job back eventually.
By Wednesday, there's a knock at his door, which he then opens. The Hotdog Minions still get SpongeBob in a giant hot dog bun and take him back to Weenie Hut. It turns out Mr. Weiner has given him another chance because his idea "Weenie Patties" is a hit, while forgetting his mentioning of firing him. Until Pizza Pete comes along to kidnap him also. And then the rest is mostly the same, except Wet Noodle's "Noodleman" (Which I'll rename to "Xian Noodsum") isn't involved in the fight. The "Pay Toilet" would also cost a Quarter, not a Nickel.
This is because of Krabs' realization of a Quarter having more value then a Nickel.

Last edited:

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
Whale of a Birthday so Mr. Krabs is a good father and gives Pearl the party she wants

Krabs vs. Plankton so Richard A. Bottomfeeder has a more major role (and is voiced by Gary Cole)

Squidtastic Voyage so Sandy goes inside of Squidward (and stays in contact with him via walkie-talkie for more Sandy/Squid interaction.) Turns out Sandy is too a bad pilot...

One Coarse Meal so it's more like a Tom & Jerry cartoon and has no suicide jokes

There's a carptastic idea I have for Atlantis SquarePantis that involves the science lab, AND heavily references the DCAU, but that can go in its own thread... haha.

Back