What Will Happen To SBM When SpongeBob Ends?

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I don't see why it would need to close down as long as people are still using it. The Harry Potter books ended seven years ago and there are still active fan sites for it. If people stick around on the site even after SpongeBob has ended, why close it?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
SBM will go on...

3_the_sandlot_quotes_forever.jpg

as long as there are still fans.

Also, we need this site to stay so people of the future can read our posts. That way they will know about the show that changed television, and will always forever be cherished, and known for influencing many other great shows. As Patrick always says:

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=2ED5DwMLLHQ%2FdL9Lb6uhwiv5ggogbzis6hu9OfXS3r8%3D

Everyone should know the name of...

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=wP2fGuqdph%2FykMflX194%2FiOxFBLcIsDFrDWG9ObkzaI%3D

...uh...

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=%2FJ6s5BZyWGU6fJYtN0zR4fyV%2F5%2BKWT%2FSXBpxmZ%2FgerQ%3D

SpongeBob SquarePants!

Therefore, I think the site should stay. SpongeBob's name should live on! :thumbsup:

hfjs

When Spongebob ends, we will party.

Till we're purple.

Eh, we've had a few topics like this before, but i'd stay.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
SpongeRoadie UK said:
Suddenly my hair turns white, my teeth fell off and my back hurts.

On topic : SBM should stay open IF the community is still living.
How do you think I feel? I was six when I first read Philosopher's Stone. I feel so old. -_-

E.V.I.L said:
Gay squid mentions on the internet would exponentially decrease.
This made me laugh way too hard.

Cosmic-Loop

♥♫ The Luigi Queen ♫♥
Far away from California and/or Florida :,(
Funny you should ask.

I still hang out on a wiki dedicated to MySims (a Sims spin-off series). The series started in 2007, but a new game hasn't been released since 2010. Even worse, all the official MySims web-ages, even ones in different languages (except the pages on Origins, but that's different) have been completely shut-down. :(

But I still hang out there! And although, admittedly there's a smaller fanbase, there is still SOME amount of fans out there and online, but scattered through different websites. Heck, even a few users on the MySims Wiki have left, but we still have a group of members active.

What I mean; I doubt SBM will end when the actual SpongeBob ends.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
I think the site might be able to maintain its community for a few years but for sure there will be a general decline. If it's not current people don't really want to talk about it anymore. At this rate though SpongeBob seems like it's going to last forever, unfortunately/fortunately.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
PhilipB said:
I think the site might be able to maintain its community for a few years but for sure there will be a general decline. If it's not current people don't really want to talk about it anymore. At this rate though SpongeBob seems like it's going to last forever, unfortunately/fortunately.
SpongeBob will live on for a very long time just like other iconic cartoon characters no doubt. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I'm starting to get a little tired of these questions that seem to imply that the staff is going to put up the shutters and take the whole site down the day after the last episode airs, whenever that may be. o.o

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
HarryPotterLives said:
How do you think I feel? I was six when I first read Philosopher's Stone. I feel so old. -_-
Ew, Canadians call it that? I thought it was just the Brits. Blech, it's Sorcerer's Stone.

Anyway, when SpongeBob ends, the site will remain. Ssj has said so himself.

The Drifter

Some person.
Even after the show have ended, SpongeBob would still last forever. Like radiation contamination.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs57e-viIKw

If the current run ended there would gradually be a decrease in activity, but we're long past the stage where SpongeBob will just disappear completely. It's one of the most popular and successful animated series of all time.

Back