What scary movie, TV show, or TV mini series was scary back when it came out, but it's now considered tame by today's standards?

Waterbubble

Part Computer or Something
It's a question that's inspired by an episode of the Simpsons when Bart Simpson when he said, "Oh, yeah. Like when you look at 'Friday the 13th: Part 1', Pretty tame by today's standards."
https://comb.io/mWJWMF

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
That and most Hammer Horror films. It’s still impressive that they can remain entertaining horror movies well past the era of the Hay’s Code, but they’re nowhere near blood-curdling anymore.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I've always loved Horror Movies, but I think living in Texas, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) was scary when my brothers and I first saw it. Watching it today is not as scary but I always think of driving on long empty roads at night that something might happen.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
Psycho (1960) is definitely tame for today's standards. I'll never forget watching that famous shower scene ten years ago and expecting there to be blood everywhere. 😆

EM.

Moby Dollar
Invader Zim episodes like Lice and Dark Harvest.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
i used to watched Horror movies in the past but not anymore. my favorite was the old Chucky movies.. NOT Reboot last time was Curse of Chucky where he was sent to some family (who have a daughter in a wheelchair) for revenge

i stopped watch Horror movies because they give me a nightmares

Back