What jokes or punchlines from SpongeBob are most underrated for you?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
The balloon Squidward scene in "The Play's the Thing". The mailman running out screaming gets me every time.

squidward-toenail-o.gif

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I like that one scene (can't remember the ep) when Patrick says "Are you going to listen to a big dummy, or are you going to listen to me?" And Spongebob looks kind of nervous and hesitant and he quietly says "Uh..." He's not sure how to respond to that.

I also love a great deal of Spongebob's dialogue in "Employee of the Month." It was really interesting to see a vindictave, canniving side to him. It showed that underneath his friendly, cuddly exterior, he can be just as snarky, sarcastic, and hot-blooded as Squidward, if not more so.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
BabySmitty said:
I like that one scene (can't remember the ep) when Patrick says "Are you going to listen to a big dummy, or are you going to listen to me?" And Spongebob looks kind of nervous and hesitant and he quietly says "Uh..." He's not sure how to respond to that.
It's "Hooky", season 1.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=%2FUt9N5UGTNFEWBsUzsvczGufUp87VwMz8x%2B9k8hxPGU%3D
This little scene, along with some celebrities' cameos, is the episode's saving throw. The director pointing wildly made me burst into laughter.

Supmandude

Squog

Faux Troll

Moby Dollar
"You bottom feeders! You don't even know talent!"
"No talent! No talent! No talent!"

Get it?

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
-MY MOUTH IS ON TV
-The toilet scene in House Fancy (I'm not a fan of toilet humor but still it was amazing)
-The Patchy segments in Ugh and The Sponge Who Could Fly
-I WILL DESTROY THE KRUSTY KRAB
-I HAD 4 BISCUITS THEN I ATE ONE AND NOW I HAVE 3
-The entirety of Are You Happy Now?
-Several scenes from Naughty Nautical Neighbors
-Squidward being unaffected by the present during the song in the 2012 xmas special

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
PATCHY PATCHY PATCHY. Patchy in general. He cracks me up.
  • "OOOOOOH scurvy ain't for the likes of me! Yo ho yo ho yo ho yo ho yo ho-"
  • "Three bells? We all know what three bells means!"/"Free ice cream!"/"Noooo, you silly livers. [laughing] NO!"
  • "That's it? That's the lost episode? That was just a bunch of cheap walk cycles!"
  • Patchy getting stuck in the fake dinosaur and falling over.
  • Deliberate bad continuity.
  • Any scene where you can see cameramen, equipment, Potty's puppeteer etc.

J-444

Floating Shopping List
I'd say the name plate gag from "Ms. Puff, You're Fired!"
(When Ms. Puff is fired, her name plate is smashed. At the end, Spongebob actually glues all 83 pieces together. It does fall again, but still.)

A second would be the gag in the Patchy segments of Spongebob B.C. where the robot is continuously zapping the caveman in the butt, and we cut to Potty's score counter rising just as continuously.

Third: "I've got to put on my teeth and brush my pants!" as well as Patrick trying to urge the food out of the can (Okay, breakfast, get on the plate!) (both Rise and Shine)

Fifth and last: Let's go to the transcript.

Snowball Effect said:
Squidward: I am perfectly... (Patrick throws a snowball at Squidward)
Spongebob: Exposed.
By the way,
Realtroll said:
"Somebody keeps stealing my ideas."
"Well, I thought it was a pretty good idea."
("Chimps Ahoy")

Back