What is your Favorite Adult Cartoon?

What is your favorite adult cartoon of these choices?

• The Simpsons

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • South Park

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Rick and Morty

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Bob's Burgers

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • American Dad

• Duncanville

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great North

• HouseBroken

• Big Mouth

• Total voters

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I'm curious to see which are people's favorites of these choices. Focused on current shows.

EDIT: I'm glad Family Guy is in the lead, it's the show I voted for myself. I think it's a solid, funny show with great characters. I'm kind of surprised it's winning since I know quite a few people don't like it anymore. I figured South Park or Bob's Burgers would be winning.

Last edited:

Awe

Floating Shopping List
Family Guy is my favourite cartoon behind Spongebob, but I hate the new episodes

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Easily Family Guy. I like both the old episodes and the new episodes- personally I think the decline is more exaggerated than it actually is. Also, I have not watched any show below American Dad in the poll (I'm guessing those are recent compared to the other shows).

Awe

Floating Shopping List
Easily Family Guy. I like both the old episodes and the new episodes- personally I think the decline is more exaggerated than it actually is. Also, I have not watched any show below American Dad in the poll (I'm guessing those are recent compared to the other shows).
Do you like season 18 and 19 as well? I like Family Guy up til 17 but after that I just didn’t enjoy it anymore

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Do you like season 18 and 19 as well? I like Family Guy up til 17 but after that I just didn’t enjoy it anymore
I like Seasons 1-11,16, and 19. 12-15 are the worst seasons in my opinion. 16 is the best season after Season 11, Seasons 17-18 were just OK, and Season 19 is good.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I agree, I like the old and new ones too. Except I haven't liked what I've seen of Season 19 as much. I thought the episodes I saw were ok.

Yeah those shows are recent, I haven't watched them either. I thought I might as well add them though.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
The Simpsons, American Dad, and Bob's Burgers are my favorites. Additionally, I also like Futurama, The Cleveland Show, King of the Hill and Star Trek: Lower Decks (Star Trek: Lower Decks is an adult sci-fi cartoon and a love letter to the Star Trek franchise from the creator of Rick & Morty).

lowerdecks-all.jpg
ST-LD-KA2-Poster-RO_1800x1800.jpg

dddf0c4-e3c596e1-9796-467d-a837-181d721e8f71.png

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
The Simpsons, American Dad, and Bob's Burgers are my favorites. Additionally, I also like Futurama, The Cleveland Show, King of the Hill and Star Trek: Lower Decks (Star Trek: Lower Decks is an adult sci-fi cartoon and a love letter to the Star Trek franchise from the creator of Rick & Morty).

lowerdecks-all.jpg
ST-LD-KA2-Poster-RO_1800x1800.jpg

dddf0c4-e3c596e1-9796-467d-a837-181d721e8f71.png
Cool, I haven't seen Lower Decks.

Incidental 11

Imitation Krab
Of these choices I'll say The Great North, as a long time fan of Bob's Burgers, I like the freshness of a new setting.
(Did you know there's a third show in the Bob Burger universe called Central Park? Sadly it's an Apple TV exclusive.)

The fact of the matter is, my favorite adult cartoons are not on your list.

Someone mentioned Lower Decks, which is by far more fun of a watch than Rick & Morty, because Rick's not in it. Sorry Rick. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character, but a simple viewer can only handle so much fictional domestic violence. And being of the Star Trek universe puts it a pedestal above Solar Opposites for me, though I'm a sucker for those alien tree kids, and that inside the wall subplot.

Ahem, anyway, did you all know the creators of Gravity Falls have very recently made an adult cartoon?
Inside Job, on Netflix. Essentially it's jokingly a "what if every conspiracy theory were true all at the same time?" as a premise, with fun zany characters for us viewers to follow.

Then there's the adult cartoon the creator of Regular Show made, called Close Enough. It's a semi-psychedelic animated sitcom of millennial parents with their daughter, and their weird roommates.

Or how about the adult cartoon from the creators of Adventure Time? I'm talking about none other than the podcast adapted Midnight Gospel. A boy (man?) has a living VR world simulator (that seems to send him to real living worlds), and he interviews people of these strange surreal worlds.

DC has also jumped on the funny adult cartoon bandwagon and made a dark humor action packed Harley Quinn cartoon.

However, My favorite is reserved to Tuca & Bertie. A world similar to Regular Show & Bojack Horseman where almost everyone are humanoid animals. With hyper surrealism thrown in, and women lead protagonists (one trying to be responsible, the other a loose cannon) it's a wild ride!

Last edited:

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Of these choices I'll say The Great North, as a long time fan of Bob's Burgers, I like the freshness of a new setting.
(Did you know there's a third show in the Bob Burger universe called Central Park? Sadly it's an Apple TV exclusive.)

The fact of the matter is, my favorite adult cartoons are not on your list.

Someone mentioned Lower Decks, which is by far more fun of a watch than Rick & Morty, because Rick's not in it. Sorry Rick. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character, but a simple viewer can only handle so much fictional domestic violence. And being of the Star Trek universe puts it a pedestal above Solar Opposites for me, though I'm a sucker for those alien tree kids, and that inside the wall subplot.

Ahem, anyway, did you all know the creators of Gravity Falls have very recently made an adult cartoon?
Inside Job, on Netflix. Essentially it's jokingly a "what if every conspiracy theory were true all at the same time?" as a premise, with fun zany characters for us viewers to follow.

Then there's the adult cartoon the creator of Regular Show made, called Close Enough. It's a semi-psychedelic animated sitcom of millennial parents with their daughter, and their weird roommates.

Or how about the adult cartoon from the creators of Adventure Time? I'm talking about none other than the podcast adapted Midnight Gospel. A boy (man?) has a living VR world simulator (that seems to send him to real living worlds), and he interviews people of these strange surreal worlds.

DC has also jumped on the funny adult cartoon bandwagon and made a dark humor action packed Harley Quinn cartoon.

However, My favorite is reserved to Tuca & Bertie. A world similar to Regular Show & Bojack Horseman where almost everyone are humanoid animals. With hyper surrealism thrown in, and women lead protagonists (one trying to be responsible, the other a loose cannon) it's a wild ride!
Interesting vote, it's nice someone voted for a newer show of the choices. It only let me include 10 choices for the vote, but I should have included an "Other" option. I've watched some of Close Enough and Great North and found them to be ok. I also watched some of Tuca and Bertie and thought it was pretty good. Haven't seen the others you mentioned.

Incidental 11

Imitation Krab
I forgot to mention Disenchantment, my favorite of the Matt Groening shows. It's pretty cool how they're covering different genres like that. Simpsons being a regular sitcom, Futurama being sci-fi, and Disenchantment being fantasy.

greatthing

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Here are my favorites

Current:

The Simpsons
South Park
Family Guy
Bob's Burgers
Robot Chicken
Sr. Pelo (Does web animation count?)
Smiling Friends
Off the Air
FXX's Cake
The Shivering Truth
YOLO Crystal Fantasy

Former:

Futurama
King of the Hill
Beavis and Butt-Head
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Happy Tree Friends (Again, does web animation count?)
Ren and Stimpy (Original and Adult Party Cartoon, yes really)
Duckman
Squidbillies
12 oz. Mouse
Home Movies

Back