What is the most overrated season of SpongeBob

What is the most overrated season of SpongeBob?

• Total voters

TattleTaleStrangler

The List That Time Forgot
spongebobfan64 said:
I would have to say Season 3

Halibut said:
Season 3 for sure. It has quite a few bad episodes.
This is what the kids are thinking these days?

Picture1-19.png

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Season 3, obviously. It has the EXTREMELY overrated "Chocolate with Nuts", and it has been said to contain most of the best episodes and moments of the show. Plus, most "fans" say it's the last of SpongeBob's "good" episodes.

TattleTaleStrangler

Amphitrite said:
Season 3, obviously. It has the EXTREMELY overrated "Chocolate with Nuts", and it has been said to contain most of the best episodes and moments of the show. Plus, most "fans" say it's the last of SpongeBob's "good" episodes.
That's because it does. There really is no intelligent argument against it, just as there really is no truly intelligent argument why The Godfather is not the best film of all time (I am in the film industry, almost all of hollywood agrees with this fyi). The only seasons that you could say are possibly better than Season 3, with a very very stretchy and subjective point of view, are, ironically, the 1st and 2nd Seasons.

Also... "fans" ? What is that even supposed to mean? :confused:

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
TattleTaleStrangler said:
That's because it does. There really is no intelligent argument against it, just as there really is no truly intelligent argument why The Godfather is not the best film of all time (I am in the film industry, almost all of hollywood agrees with this fyi). The only seasons that you could say are possibly better than Season 3, with a very very stretchy and subjective point of view, are, ironically, the 1st and 2nd Seasons.

I'm referring to those who continue to bash on the newer SpongeBob episodes.

I know people are going to say Season 3, however, I'm going with Season 7. Many people claim this season to be a step in the right direction for Spongebob, but I'd say it is just as bad, if not worse than Season 6. It has more gross out, more mean spirited episodes, and more out-of-character moments that Season 6 was plagued with. Plus, a lot of the best episodes of Season 7 felt like okay Season 8 episodes. I can't think of one episode from that season I'd say was truly good. I could call a couple "okay" or "passable", however I don't think there were any really "good" episodes.

cwn

Porous Freak
How can you define this "overrated"? I'm done with this term, because it's undefinable. It's just like "cool". As soon as something becomes popular, it immediately becomes "overrated". By those standards, every episode in history was "overrated" at some point, which causes the "underrated" episodes to reign supreme, which soon turn in to the "overrated" ones. CWN, at the moment, by my definition, doesn't even deserve to be considered "overrated", because everyone thinks so. I'm not saying a season.

This is what the kids are thinking these days?

Picture1-19.png
FYI I think 5 and 7. 3 is wonderful. :p

TattleTaleStrangler said:

Also, people can have strange opinions. They shouldn't be forced to make an "intelligent argument" why they don't like Season 3. Maybe they like childish humor, maybe they didn't like the humor of the pre-movie, or maybe they just grew up with different seasons. It's completely unfair to label someone's opinion as "not intelligent" when they could have a totally "twisted" viewpoint on things.

TattleTaleStrangler

E.V.I.L said:
FYI I think 5 and 7. 3 is wonderful. :p

Also, people can have strange opinions. They shouldn't be forced to make an "intelligent argument" why they don't like Season 3. Maybe they like childish humor, maybe they didn't like the humor of the pre-movie, or maybe they just grew up with different seasons. It's completely unfair to label someone's opinion as "not intelligent" when they could have a totally "twisted" viewpoint on things.
That's all well and good, but I never necessarily said people's opinions were non-intelligent. I merely suggested that they were making sweeping claims without much reasoning other than "I like this" or "I don't like this", which is basic. Topic is not "your" most overrated season, it is "the" most overrated season. "There are bad episodes" or "I don't like ____" is not a definitive enough input to be able to say "for sure", is all.

OneHungryHippo said:
I know people are going to say Season 3, however, I'm going with Season 7. Many people claim this season to be a step in the right direction for Spongebob, but I'd say it is just as bad, if not worse than Season 6. It has more gross out, more mean spirited episodes, and more out-of-character moments that Season 6 was plagued with. Plus, a lot of the best episodes of Season 7 felt like okay Season 8 episodes. I can't think of one episode from that season I'd say was truly good. I could call a couple "okay" or "passable", however I don't think there were any really "good" episodes.
Actually many people don't like season 7 mainly because of Growth Spout, A Pal for Gary, The Cent of Money, One Coarse Meal, Yours Mine and Mine and Trenchbillies, A few people claim this season to be a step in the right direction for SpongeBob. I think season 7 is an underrated and a quite good season. I thought season was better than season 7 but I don't think SpongeBob improved after this season. In my opinion, season 2 is the most overrated season. Also one of the members voted for season 6. WT?

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Season 2. People praise this season as the best and a lot better then the rest, but I'd say it's just as good as others. And Band Geeks...............

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Dark Chocolate said:
How can you define this "overrated"? I'm done with this term, because it's undefinable. It's just like "cool". As soon as something becomes popular, it immediately becomes "overrated". By those standards, every episode in history was "overrated" at some point, which causes the "underrated" episodes to reign supreme, which soon turn in to the "overrated" ones. CWN, at the moment, by my definition, doesn't even deserve to be considered "overrated", because everyone thinks so. I'm not saying a season.
THANK YOU. I've become uncomfortable using "overrated" and "underrated" to describe things for the reasons you stated. Not to mention it sounds really pretentious. People have their reasons for liking certain things, it's called personal preference. You can disagree, but it's unfair to call something "overrated" (implying that everyone who likes it is wrong for liking it) simply because you don't agree with the praise it gets.

1. Season 9
2. Season 8
3. Season 7
4. Season 2
5. Season 3
6. Season 1
7. Season 5
8. Season 6
9. Season 4
Need I say more? But, this is just IMO.
By the way, am I the only person who thinks season 3 is the best season?

Back