What is the average (1980-2010 Normals) first freeze where you live?

When is it?

• Before September (I don't know of anyone here who lives in the arctic but you never know...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sep 1-15

• Sep 15-30

• Total voters
If you do NOT know where to look up this info, simply google the name of the nearest bigger city than you with "first freeze" in the search,

If that doesn't work (which honestly I doubt it will work). then do the following. It's less complicated than it looks.

1) http://www.sercc.com/nowdatamap Use this link to access NOW Data

2) Click your region. Do not worry if it's not the city you live in because the city is only referring to where the NWS station is. For example, Ithaca and Elmira, NY are in the area where the "Binghamton" or "BGM" region is in NYS

3) Look in the location menu and try to find the city closest to where you are.

4) Once that is clicked, click First/Last dates

5) Set the years to 1980-2010 and set the Criteria to "Min Temp", "<=", and "32". Just to make sure, go to "Advanced Options" and make sure the period starts on Jul 1.

6) GO to First on the right and you should see the mean

7) ???

8) Profit

9) VOTE IN THE POLL ;)

Some weather stations here are in late Sept and some are in early Oct.. I'll just choose Oct 1-15 because the 1990-2020 normals more likely than not will be an Oct anyways becuz global warming :druggedkrabs:

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
In more recent years (and what this thing told me), it's the beginning of October for us up here.

Homie

get outer my space!
it doesnt work for japan
DPG5ekv.png

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Apparently never. :p (Which is weird because I distinctly remember there being a freeze here one January when I was about ten years old. I'm honestly surprised that didn't show up. And for the record, all the years from 2001 onward that don't show there were empty too.)

2e21hnc.jpg

Homie✰ said:
it doesnt work for japan
DPG5ekv.png
I'm going to be edgy and guess you're October 15-30 or October 1-15

RedSoxFan274 said:
Apparently never. :P (Which is weird because I distinctly remember there being a freeze here one January when I was about ten years old. I'm honestly surprised that didn't show up. And for the record, all the years from 2001 onward that don't show there were empty too.)

2e21hnc.jpg
You may live on a higher elevation that had a freeze but the "official" station never recorded anything. Still, I'm shocked that it hasn't happened once but I guess I underestimate how warm LA really is.
Do it for Boston. ^_^

Back