Show News What if SpongeBob had story/character arcs?

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
A lot of cartoons nowadays have some kind of a story arc that either covers each season or the entire series. What kind of an arc do you think SpongeBob would have?

Possible plot arcs: SpongeBob learns to be less naïve - squidward learns to love the people of bikini bottom - sandy decides to leave bikini bottom - Plankton slowly becomes nicer - SpongeBob and Patrick drift apart, but come back together at the end of the arc

what arcs do you think it would have

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
That's interesting
I guess something that would be good is an arc about Mr. Krabs and Plankton, seeing their backstory(we saw it already but it can be a different story or something) and they decide to compromise or be friends again.
We can also get an arc about MM&BB. Again their backstory, their fights etc.
We can get to see what Sandy's life has been before she came to Bikini Bottom too

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
That's interesting
I guess something that would be good is an arc about Mr. Krabs and Plankton, seeing their backstory(we saw it already but it can be a different story or something) and they decide to compromise or be friends again.
We can get to see what Sandy's life has been before she came to Bikini Bottom too
now i want a plot driven SpongeBob series lol

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
That's interesting
I think the movie might help with sandy I think theire is some stufff with mm and bb in the comics they really flesh out the character more in the comic

TheSpongyKnight

Heir to the Throne of King Neptune
I know this is five days late, but it's worth it.
  • Plankton decides to destroy Bikini Bottom with a meteor to cause the Krusty Krab to instantly collapse. SpongeBob and his friends foil his plan and defeat Plankton, but an evil alien uses this time to take over the sea without them even knowing. Now they must find this alien and defeat him too.
  • SpongeBob and Patrick's families hold a contest in which the creature who behaves the best for a week gets a massive party at Clam E Cheese's (parody of Chuck E Cheese's).
  • A dark cloud covers Bikini Bottom's sky, and Mr. Krabs and Plankton make plans to destroy it before 12 days pass. If they fail, Bikini Bottom will be plunged into eternal night.
  • SpongeBob and friends take a road trip to Bass Vegas, but upon their return, Mr. Krabs gets arrested for a crime he didn't commit and sentenced to (get this!) 500 years hard labor above the surface in Antarctica. SpongeBob must prove Mr. Krabs' innocence before he freezes.
  • My idea for the final season: An evil galactic force conquers the world and the universe (and the sea too), and SpongeBob and friends must find a way to stop them, and this time, Plankton must team up with the heroes too! Over the course of the arc, SpongeBob will win the spot as new manager of the Krusty Krab and (finally) get his driver's license, Plankton will learn his mistakes and close down the Chum Bucket and start working at the Krusty Krab along with Patrick and Sandy, Squidward will finally accept SpongeBob's behavior and start to like him, SpongeBob and Sandy will develop a lifelong relationship, the Krabby Patty Formula will (probably) be revealed, and Mr. Krabs and Plankton will become friends again (see, I agree with and am willing to support meko1432's idea). (More info later)

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
  • Plankton decides to destroy Bikini Bottom with a meteor to cause the Krusty Krab to instantly collapse. SpongeBob and his friends foil his plan and defeat Plankton, but an evil alien uses this time to take over the sea without them even knowing. Now they must find this alien and defeat him too.
  • SpongeBob and Patrick's families hold a contest in which the creature who behaves the best for a week gets a massive party at Clam E Cheese's (parody of Chuck E Cheese's).
  • A dark cloud covers Bikini Bottom's sky, and Mr. Krabs and Plankton make plans to destroy it before 12 days pass. If they fail, Bikini Bottom will be plunged into eternal night.
  • SpongeBob and friends take a road trip to Bass Vegas, but upon their return, Mr. Krabs gets arrested for a crime he didn't commit and sentenced to (get this!) 500 years hard labor above the surface in Antarctica. SpongeBob must prove Mr. Krabs' innocence before he freezes.
  • My idea for the final season: An evil galactic force conquers the world and the universe (and the sea too), and SpongeBob and friends must find a way to stop them, and this time, Plankton must team up with the heroes too! Over the course of the arc, SpongeBob will win the spot as new manager of the Krusty Krab and (finally) get his driver's license, Plankton will learn his mistakes and close down the Chum Bucket and start working at the Krusty Krab along with Patrick and Sandy, Squidward will finally accept SpongeBob's behavior and start to like him, SpongeBob and Sandy will develop a lifelong relationship, the Krabby Patty Formula will (probably) be revealed, and Mr. Krabs and Plankton will become friends again (see, I agree with and am willing to support meko1432's idea). (More info later)
WOW THOSE are dark but honestly, plankton showing to be good has kinda happened but honestly a average day in bikini bottom doesnt spongebob destroy them once per season like they have been invaded by aliens robots etc everything

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
great ideas especially that last 2

TheSpongyKnight

Heir to the Throne of King Neptune
I have another arc idea:
Puffy Fluffy turns back to normal after the events of A Pal for Gary and gets adopted by Plankton, who plans to use him for world domination. He then permanently turns Puffy Fluffy into a robotic version of his monster form and has him kidnap SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Squidward, Pearl, Larry the Lobster... and even Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy!!! Gary is the only one left in this mess, and now he has to go and save his owner and his friends from Plankton and Mecha Puffy Fluffy.

now i want a plot driven SpongeBob series lol

I can make that happen. See my upcoming post for "SpongeBob Ahoy: A Sponge's Tale".

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I have another arc idea:
Puffy Fluffy turns back to normal after the events of A Pal for Gary and gets adopted by Plankton, who plans to use him for world domination. He then permanently turns Puffy Fluffy into a robotic version of his monster form and has him kidnap SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Squidward, Pearl, Larry the Lobster... and even Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy!!! Gary is the only one left in this mess, and now he has to go and save his owner and his friends from Plankton and Mecha Puffy Fluffy.

I can make that happen. See my upcoming post for "SpongeBob Ahoy: A Sponge's Tale".
Great idea!

redymedy

Imitation Krab
Band Geeks but a much longer process, the episodes in the Arc can be the different parts of setting up a performance and such.

Back