What games do you recommend for the 3DS?

I'm thinking about getting some more games for my 3DS, I have some already in mind, but I would like to get some recommendations. What games do you guys think would be a good buy? I already have: Tomodachi Life, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Yo-Kai Watch, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Sonic Lost World, and WarioWare Gold for 3DS and Sonic Colors, Sonic Classic Collection, Super Scribblenauts, Kirby Mass Attack, Atlantis SquarePantis, and Nicktoons: Globs of Doom for DS. Along with most of the old Mario and Kirby games from the eShop.

So if you know any DS or 3DS games, please tell me! :D

UPDATE 8/26/2018: Decided to pickup a few I was thinking of, so for now, I got Detective Pikachu and Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask 3D, every other Spongebob and Nicktoons games except Spongebob Plankton Robotic Revenge and Heropants, Metroid Samus Return and Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS.

That’s mostly what i recommend for the 3DS and DS.

Klu

Moby Dollar
If you want to play pokemon on 3Ds,I'd rather recommend to play OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire or UltraSun/UltraMoon rather than X/Y. X/Y seems now more like tech-demos than full-fledged games.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
I also had New Super Mario Bros. DS, Super Mario 3D Land, and Super Mario 64 DS on my mind. But not Mario Kart DS, what does that game have that MK7 doesn't?
The missions, the possibility of making emblems, Waluigi, ROB and tracks that were not in MK7.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This may be for the unpopular opinion section, but I think the 3DS should be discontinued, since the Switch came out. The 3DS is decent, but I feel like it's a waste nowadays since the Switch can be taken wherever you go. I feel like it's been updated in the Apple fashion, as in, not changing much at all. Switch is great for both, put some 3DS highlights on the Switch, and the 3DS is now kinda useless.

member 9373

if you like warioware, get rhythm heaven megamix!! it's made by the same people and pretty similar to warioware, but it's rhythm based. it's really fun =) also, animal crossing

Klu

Moby Dollar
This may be for the unpopular opinion section, but I think the 3DS should be discontinued, since the Switch came out. The 3DS is decent, but I feel like it's a waste nowadays since the Switch can be taken wherever you go. I feel like it's been updated in the Apple fashion, as in, not changing much at all. Switch is great for both, put some 3DS highlights on the Switch, and the 3DS is now kinda useless.
Don't you think that not everybody can afford switch? It's a pricey console. And 3Ds is still saling really well, so it's a logical thing that Nintendo continues to make games for it.
Are you reading my mind or something? I was thinking about that game too!
Planet Robobot is even better.

Klu said:
Don't you think that not everybody can afford switch? It's a pricey console. And 3Ds is still saling really well, so it's a logical thing that Nintendo continues to make games for it.

Planet Robobot is even better.
You both make good points. The Switch is kind of more ideal for handheld and home gaming at the same time. But, some really just can't buy it and games on their are about $60, which some can afford, but a lot cannot.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Klu said:
It's logical, but is still kinda beating a dead horse. The line of affording it worked OK with the Wii and the DS since the Wii was marketed to everyone, now people who own a 3DS will also most likely own a Switch or Wii U, thus making it counter intuitive. There's no real loss with the 3DS, but now that the Switch is here, I think it's reasonable to be sick of the 3DS's constant Apple updates with games that are now useless with the Switch.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
FinnDinner said:
The Switch is marketed as a home console despite its portability. Not to mention its price which is more in line with a console than a handheld so that can prove difficult. I do believe the 3DS will have a successor someday but the Switch won't replace it. I could be wrong though.

Other than the popular games we all know and love i would recommend games like Tales of the Abyss, Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Metroid Samus Returns, Monster Hunter 4, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc. Mostly some adventure game that i like.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
crushingmayhem said:
The Switch is marketed as a home console despite its portability. Not to mention its price which is more in line with a console than a handheld so that can prove difficult. I do believe the 3DS will have a successor someday but the Switch won't replace it. I could be wrong though.

Other than the popular games we all know and love i would recommend games like Tales of the Abyss, Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Metroid Samus Returns, Monster Hunter 4, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc. Mostly some adventure game that i like.
Really? I feel like the Switch is marketed more as a handheld, I see more commercials with it out and about then I do of it stationary. The 3DS should get a successor that doesn't end in "DS" I feel like the DS has been milked out for everything it's worth for more than a decade. If every DS game was on the Switch (which it can be) then having a Switch would almost make the DS like a lite version of the Switch. Portable consoles don't have an advantage with this generation of Nintendo since the Switch is both.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Really? I feel like the Switch is marketed more as a handheld, I see more commercials with it out and about then I do of it stationary. The 3DS should get a successor that doesn't end in "DS" I feel like the DS has been milked out for everything it's worth for more than a decade. If every DS game was on the Switch (which it can be) then having a Switch would almost make the DS like a lite version of the Switch. Portable consoles don't have an advantage with this generation of Nintendo since the Switch is both.
If. If only. Switch still doesn't have much games. While 3DS has a huge library plus ability to play DS games and games from Virtual Console.

Back